Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shit feels contrived. Cinematic was dope though.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I don't think the xpac is going to only be about alliance vs horde. I think it might start out that way, but as the xpac progresses both the alliance and the horde are going to discover n'zoth was behind the entire thing and they'll team up again to fight him.

The "battle for azeroth" doesn't have to be alliance vs horde. It could also mean taking down n'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Kil'jaeden was midtier

and N'xoth is the conductor to this orchestra anyhow

Nevermind the true BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

is the Battle against N'zoth over the Soul of Azeroth
    Perhaps. But even so, the expansion wasnt martketed as such, its zones arent presented as such, and certainly the story focus wont be such at least for the first half of the expansion. At best this will be an expansion where only the 2nd half focuses on Azshara and Nzoth, both of which, mind you, couldve easily carried a full expansion on their own. Blizzard is basically cramming 2 expansions worth of content into half of one. Thats what all the people (including me) are so salty about

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Classic WoW won't be here for a long long time like another BlizzCon or two.
    Give source or didnt happen
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    Perhaps. But even so, the expansion wasnt martketed as such, its zones arent presented as such, and certainly the story focus wont be such at least for the first half of the expansion. At best this will be an expansion where only the 2nd half focuses on Azshara and Nzoth, both of which, mind you, couldve easily carried a full expansion on their own. Blizzard is basically cramming 2 expansions worth of content into half of one. Thats what all the people (including me) are so salty about
    Exactly. If you have Azshara or Nzoth as enemies in the upcoming expansion, there's so much potential right there to design the expansion around those antagonists. Quest / story, dungeons / raids, themes. So much cool stuff they could have done, make the expansion about a specific threat, along with design choices, storytelling etc.

But no, main story is gonna be Alliance vs. Horde, which a lot of players couldn't care less about. It just feels artificial after all this time fighting together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Exactly. If you have Azshara or Nzoth as enemies in the upcoming expansion, there's so much potential right there to design the expansion around those antagonists. Quest / story, dungeons / raids, themes. So much cool stuff they could have done, make the expansion about a specific threat, along with design choices, storytelling etc.

But no, main story is gonna be Alliance vs. Horde, which a lot of players couldn't care less about. It just feels artificial after all this time fighting together.
    N'Zoth is the key here. He is the corruptor... Turning new allies into enemies again. I smell a hint of 'vanilla' on this one....

This expansion has already failed before it has even started. I've never seen a worse expansion announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    This expansion has already failed before it has even started. I've never seen a worse expansion announcement.
    So true. For WoD there was at least hype, but for BFA even the announcement disappointed massively. Not sure what Blizzard is thinking.

So true. For WoD there was at least hype, but for BFA even the announcement disappointed massively. Not sure what Blizzard is thinking.
    Yeah, I was excited with the WoD announcement. While WoD was a massive disappointment, Metzen and the team did wonders to present it as something cool for Blizzcon and people were hyped.

The announcement here killed any hype and excitement that people may have had. And looking how behind they are in development (Warfronts are still only a concept, etc), we are looking at about an year of the Antorus raid, which we haven't even seen yet. Then in early 2019 we will get something that people aren't even excited about.

This is going to be the biggest failure of the history of WoW.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-11-05 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    we are looking at about an year of the Antorus raid
    You realize that nobody gives a crap about 1 raid right?

Deleted
    Yeah, I was excited with the WoD announcement. While WoD was a massive disappointment, Metzen and the team did wonders to present it as something cool for Blizzcon and people were hyped.

The announcement here killed any hype and excitement that people may have had. And looking how behind they are in development (Warfronts are still only a concept, etc), we are looking at about an year of the Antorus raid, which we haven't even seen yet. Then in early 2019 we will get something that people aren't even excited about.

This is going to be the biggest failure of the history of WoW.
    well im hyped for the next expansion and its looking good from what we know.

Plus the whole faction war things is really really lame. They should have gone the old gods route right from the beginning, with a strong theme right off the bat, with more features.
    How did you expect the Old Gods to begin their assault? By attacking us face to face? Or by whispering seeds of madness and self-destruction? Which better fits their M.O.?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    I don't think the xpac is going to only be about alliance vs horde. I think it might start out that way, but as the xpac progresses both the alliance and the horde are going to discover n'zoth was behind the entire thing and they'll team up again to fight him.

The "battle for azeroth" doesn't have to be alliance vs horde. It could also mean taking down n'zoth.
    Yep.
    /10 characters

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    This looks like the worst xpac in WoW history. So generic and boring as f*ck
    I will bet all my money that you've said that about every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    You realize that nobody gives a crap about 1 raid right?
    I think he meant it in a negative way.

I think he meant it in a negative way.
    Exactly.

People are already bored of Argus, and we have to spend an year there. And then we will have the least innovative expansion yet, with literally nothing new and removal of some of the cool things about Legion, like the class halls. This is going to be a massive fail.

And yes, maybe, just maybe, the expansion is not that bad and just the presentation sucked a lot. But the presentation is very important, it will be most of what we know for about an year, and millions of people could leave the game based on it.

If you want to know what a good presentation is, just look at Metzen presenting Pandaria (and this is a very hard to sell expansion) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAz1_xskFZ0
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-11-05 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, this is getting the exact same amount of whining as any other expansion by a bunch of incels.
    Half of people in one of the threads voted that it sucked. This is a massive problem as this is a dedicated fan website and it should be heavily biased towards liking the game. If the situation here is like this, it will be 10 times worse for the average player.

Battle for Azeroth will be the last true World of Warcraft expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You remind me of those crazy people on the street.
    It's just very easy to notice that they have less and less resources to develop new things with each expansion. They invested heavily into procedural generation, which should really tell you something.

Exactly.

People are already bored of Argus, and we have to spend an year there. And then we will have the least innovative expansion yet, with literally nothing new and removal of some of the cool things about Legion, like the class halls. This is going to be a massive fail.

And yes, maybe, just maybe, the expansion is not that bad and just the presentation sucked a lot. But the presentation is very important, it will be most of what we know for about an year, and millions of people could leave the game based on it.

If you want to know what a good presentation is, just look at Metzen presenting Pandaria (and this is a very hard to sell expansion) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAz1_xskFZ0
    Well of course it looks better because it's Chris motherfucking Metzen, he could be announcing bingo numbers at a retirement home and people would still be hyped.

It's just very easy to notice that they have less and less resources to develop new things with each expansion. They invested heavily into procedural generation, which should really tell you something.
    yup. plus it's a bad choice of a theme. WoW has slowly but surely evolved into a game that is 90% about PvE and most people enjoy PvE. Making a PvP centric theme the main thing about an expansion instead of having one big bad antagonist just seems such a bad choice.

im starting to miss the stupid leak threads..... of corse last boss is anduin if you play horde and sylvanas if you play alliance next exp only one faction gonna be alive