Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Geographically this makes no sense. Also character wise it makes little sense for Sylvanas. Mainly because she is consumed with finding a way to extend the Forsaken's life and her own. Throwing the Horde into a war isn't going to work. The only other possible motivation is there is something at Teldrassil that she wants but can't seem to get... So set it on fire... She isn't an impetuous child.
    According to the mentioned leak, she now has powers she didn't possess before, and she probably knows everyone took a power-down after Legion and the loss of Artifacts. It's the best opportunity to be at war.

The book even says what she always wanted was Stormwind. We're only left to question "why".

Now if Genn or Jaina convince Anduin to march on Lorderon as some kind of revenge or something equally stupid for the Broken Shore (you know the worst plot hole in the fucking history of WoW would get turned into an expansion) and the Alliance succeed in pushing the Horde out of Lorderon. Sylvanas would then cross over to Kalimdor and have a funeral pyre in remembrance.
    Genn and Jaina both have a lot more reasons to want to siege Undercity than "Being abandoned in the Broken Shore". Specially Genn.

She personally led the assault on his homeland, and they were literally shut in ignoring the whole world.

That doesn't go away just because a big bad had to be dealt with. Plus, he knows of shady stuff in Stormheim (which is not, as some try to point, just "personal business". They are faction leaders, their attempts at power WILL include the Factions).

The later is way more reasonable, both Genn and Jaina are war hungry idiots, and if Lorderon falls Sylvanas would leave immediately for Orgrimmar. That would probably be the only way to get her to stay there actually.
    I'm not going by what is more "reasonable", and even if I did, I strongly disagree with what you consider reasonable, as I see no reason for anyone in the Alliance to ever let a Sylvannas' lead Horde to ever be left alone.

I'm going by what the leak pointed us. "Retaliation".

She has zero reason, that we know of now, to burn Teldrassil and then her amassing an army to send to Lorderon to defend it from what? She wouldn't know to go there, it's an obvious choice, but a hard nut to crack especially considering how much Horde controls the local area. Vs Teldrassil which sits by itself worlds away from help.
    Book states she wants to attack Stormwind. That she always wanted to attack Stormwind.

Leak says she obtained a powerful thing from the Scar.

So she burns Teldrassil using this power, knowing she will be retaliated, and now she has a casus belli to be in war with the Alliance and attack Stormwind with the help of the Entire Horde, not only her own Navy.

In fact, consider this: The Cinematic shows us Taurens, Trolls and Orcs PREPARED to fight a Sieging army. If this was an initial, surprise attack, WHY WOULD THEY BE THERE?

There is absolutly no way she would have prepared warriors from all races in the blink of an eye to defend Undercity.
    And these do not HANG in the Undercity. They only time they did was when Garrosh forced his Korkron to be the Undercity guards.

While we, the player, port around, in the story, armies have to take boats, zeppelins and other conventional ways of transportation.

Yet she moved an Army to defend Undercity across a continent.
    Last edited by bewbew; 2017-11-04 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Alliance heard the signal, alliance saw the Rangers fuck off, Alliance first thought is: "How nice of them to warn us of their betrayal with sounding a horn and not just walking away without telling us anything. Else we might have died here."
    All they heard was a horn, no evidence it was a "We're over run" and not "abandon the alliance signal". In fact the Alliance assume the signal was to leave them.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    In fact, consider this: The Cinematic shows us Taurens, Trolls and Orcs PREPARED to fight a Sieging army. If this was an initial, surprise attack, WHY WOULD THEY BE THERE?

There is absolutly no way she would have prepared warriors from all races in the blink of an eye to defend Undercity.
    And these do not HANG in the Undercity. They only time they did was when Garrosh forced his Korkron to be the Undercity guards.

While we, the player, port around, in the story, armies have to take boats, zeppelins and other conventional ways of transportation.

Undercity and Orgrimmar are directly linked by Zeppelin, which is lore not just a playercharacter QoL. Consider the army that is attacking Lorderon, how long it would take to move from Stormwind/IF to Lorderon. Consider the people manning Undercity, Sylvanas and Saurfang. There is a hodgepodge of Tauren, Orc, some Undead, and Troll. No real equipment, just troops. All easy to move by Zeppelin from Orgrimmar to UC, once they learned UC was being marched on. The troops from Alliance though, are all well prepared, multiple forms of siege equipment, things that wouldn't be ready at the drop of the hat. If they heard Teldrassil was burned it would still take a long time to get together that equipment. And from what I remember of IF and Stormwind, they don't have siege equipment sitting around (I bring this up because Orgrimmar does have siege equipment sitting around) Also from the initial overhead shot, there isn't a big force defending Lorderon, it's a small force, nothing compared to the Alliance force.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    They can have the stupid tree, we are getting Lordaeron back.
    Stormwind's debt to Terenas has been fulfilled.
    King Terenas ALWAYS thought that the people who live there are more important than those that rule. ALL forsaken are people of Lordaeron with their own free will, they Lived there before or during the time of Terenas so all in all they are pissing of Terenases Memory. Terenas would not want the people he ruled ower to be sent to hell and Alliance are forcing them to hell first by stoping Sylvanas to give them immortality by Eyir and second by kill them. Terenas would not be happy on how much hatred you show on people he loved and people who probably still respect him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post

You need charcoal to manufacture steel
    Probably gonna get a fair bit more charcoal than you'd ever need.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post

Teldrassil was never really a sacred World Tree. Staghelm had it grown in spite of not getting the Dragon Aspects' blessings. It was corrupted more than once before the Horde burns it down.
    It has been a sacred world tree since Stormrage, with blessings of the Aspects minus Nozdormu. The druids that helped with the cleansing had their souls bound to it and it was used to connect Malfurion with all dreamers in the world to save said world, including Sylvanas, btw.

That said... I love it. My NElf is going to be so pissed and my Forsaken are going to go out and plague some more holy lands as revenge for Lordaeron. I love that they are finally making actual changes to the world and I still hope they are going to reflect at least a few changes that the Legion made in the world (the permanent ones, not necessarily the ones that can be repaired/cleansed).
    Only thing I'm sad about is that it will be a phasing thing and not a complete change, but I understand their reasons for it.

Edit: Oh and I think what Anduin did was mass heal, not mass rezz. Many of those the spell caught were still moving ^^
    Last edited by mmoc1d0f52de2b; 2017-11-05 at 01:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Tbh neither the attack on UC or the burning of Teldrassil seem like something either side would do out of the blue. Regardless which happened first, there had to be something that happened before both to start all this.
    Perhaps the burning of Teldrassil is out of the ordinary but everyone knows Greymane has a thing for Sylvannas.

He is the one propagating the idea that the Horde betrayed the Alliance at the Broken Shore.
    He is the one so desperate to get Sylvannas and reclaim Gilneas.

We have heard nothing prior regarding Teldrassil but we have heard plenty from Warmonger Greymane.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Perhaps the burning of Teldrassil is out of the ordinary but everyone knows Greymane has a thing for Sylvannas.

He is the one propagating the idea that the Horde betrayed the Alliance at the Broken Shore.
    He is the one so desperate to get Sylvannas and reclaim Gilneas.

We have heard nothing prior regarding Teldrassil but we have heard plenty from Warmonger Greymane.
    Turalyon should have the balls being Alliance again to call greymane out since hes the ONLY one left who had to deal with this selfish prick in the 2nd War that half assed the entire 2nd War. Or go ask DK Thoras Trollbane

Thoras REALLY hated Genn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    According to the mentioned leak, she now has powers she didn't possess before, and she probably knows everyone took a power-down after Legion and the loss of Artifacts. It's the best opportunity to be at war.

The book even says what she always wanted was Stormwind. We're only left to question "why".

Genn and Jaina both have a lot more reasons to want to siege Undercity than "Being abandoned in the Broken Shore". Specially Genn.

She personally led the assault on his homeland, and they were literally shut in ignoring the whole world.

That doesn't go away just because a big bad had to be dealt with. Plus, he knows of shady stuff in Stormheim (which is not, as some try to point, just "personal business". They are faction leaders, their attempts at power WILL include the Factions).

I'm not going by what is more "reasonable", and even if I did, I strongly disagree with what you consider reasonable, as I see no reason for anyone in the Alliance to ever let a Sylvannas' lead Horde to ever be left alone.

I'm going by what the leak pointed us. "Retaliation".

Book states she wants to attack Stormwind. That she always wanted to attack Stormwind.

Leak says she obtained a powerful thing from the Scar.

So she burns Teldrassil using this power, knowing she will be retaliated, and now she has a casus belli to be in war with the Alliance and attack Stormwind with the help of the Entire Horde, not only her own Navy.

Because Sylvannas is Warchief and she operates out of Undercity.
    Nathanos and Saurfang are her LT's.

IF she were expecting an attack the surrounding area would have been rigged, Blood Elves would be in the fight and she wouldn't have said at the beginning of the film "A cycle of hatred, alliances are forged and broken etc. we should have known we couldn't share this world" add to the fact she looks startled that there is an Alliance offensive to begin with.

No No this is the act of a naive king blindly following the foolish council of the Bloodthirsty Greymane.

And what better way to send a message than to decimate the homes of the very race that gave shelter to the Worgen? You reap what you sow.

Hopefully now there will be unrest within the Alliance, they followed a naive king and broke a pact, maybe the Alliance can shed their boring mary sue image and we get to see more Dranei, Night elf and Gnomes.

Greymane should be hung for treason.

Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that once again Horde has taken another chunk of major Alliance territory, this time an actual homeland of a race, which judging by the image from Blizzcon, has been completely destroyed.
    While....Horde just have to defend off the Alliance from a corroding castle that really means very little?
    The fact that its even stated that Teldrassil was destroyed, but Horde are only simply attacked? Lorderon isn't taken over, isn't destroyed, no...just...attacked. Which we can easily assume they will defend off the forces of the Alliance and still keep their rotting castle. With the possible outcome of a few small Alliance bases settled into Lorderon land just for a few skirmishes... How is that even remotely fair Blizzard?
    Nightelf is my main, it's also my favorite race lore-wise. I also love Darnassus and it's the only city i use for my AH business. So i do understand where you are coming from.

HOWEVER: I also believe that the undead are a terrible desease that should be removed from the face of Azeroth. A belief i share lore-wise with Tauren, Orcs and Blood Elves. So even if 8.0 makes the Alliance strike first against the Undercity and Teldrassil being the retaliation: I'm ok with this. It's a story i can live with. I am kind of disappointed to see Tauren defend Undeath, but that's a Horde problem they had from day 1. Teldrassil is the logical target for a retaliation attack. I'm very sad to see it go, but such is story development and if the story makes sense...so be it. This story DOES make sense.

What i'm not ok with is Suramar (and Highmountain). Blizzard basically says we Alliance Players did not play this content. We do not get Valarjar either, so basically Legion never happend for us. You never saved Thalyssra, you never united the Highmountain. You simply were not there. We will not even get a single shitty questline to EXPLAIN why they turn their backs on us after we saved their Children. Thalyssra, Occuleth, Valtrois, Arluelle, Lyleth....nope, never happend for you, Alliance. It was the Horde, that saved those characters!

This is the dealbreaker for me. There simply is no story arc imaginable to turn Suramar (and, to a lesser degree Highmountain) against me, the Alliance player, after 2 years of Legion.

7.2 was shit (story: "Go kill 50 demons!") and Argus fell flat on it's face story wise. Suramar was not only the most beautiful zone of Legion, it was also the best told story. Maybe the best told story of WoW ever. And now they tell me that never happend for me? No, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    King Terenas ALWAYS thought that the people who live there are more important than those that rule. ALL forsaken are people of Lordaeron with their own free will, they Lived there before or during the time of Terenas so all in all they are pissing of Terenases Memory. Terenas would not want the people he ruled ower to be sent to hell and Alliance are forcing them to hell first by stoping Sylvanas to give them immortality by Eyir and second by kill them. Terenas would not be happy on how much hatred you show on people he loved and people who probably still respect him.
    Gotta love all the horde fanboys and their hate for Greymane. No matter how bad you want to sugarcoat Sylvannas, and put all the blame on Genn, she still started the whole conflict by invading Gilnaes and using the blight on the city. I for one can't wait to kick the source out of the undercity, so it hopefully can be rebuild as a human city, as it should be.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Gotta love all the horde fanboys and their hate for Greymane. No matter how bad you want to sugarcoat Sylvannas, and put all the blame on Genn, she still started the whole conflict by invading Gilnaes and using the blight on the city. I for one can't wait to kick the source out of the undercity, so it hopefully can be rebuild as a human city, as it should be.
    Lordaeron is undefenseable rubble. Is what Blizzard said. Also the lands surrounding it are dead as dead. The blood elves are to the north as well. Alliance isn't taking that area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burn it, and then burn the ashes. Azeroth would be better off with a few less Night Elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    Lordaeron is undefenseable rubble. Is what Blizzard said. Also the lands surrounding it are dead as dead. The blood elves are to the north as well. Alliance isn't taking that area.
    There is no way, the horde get a new capital on Kalimdor and Alliance gets nothing, we both know that, plus it´s basically been confirmed at Blizzcon that the Scourge are gonna be kicked out of the undercity. So if they dont use the ruins to rebuild a new capital city, i expect them to raze the ruins to dust and take back Gilneas or Stromgarde and rebuild one of them as a new capital city.
    Last edited by mmoc2e46fd2018; 2017-11-05 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The alliance takes control of everything up to the ghostlands, dude....
    nah, we make them go back to arathi "lordaeron is indefensible"

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    A) Genns ally in name Argul attacked forsakens through vanilla till cata, Gilnes brigade at silverpine forest attacked Forsakens also. Sylvanas had two valid reasons to attack Gilneas. Secondly All forsakens are people of lordaeron whom Genn betrayed by forsaking Terenas and his people in their time of need. Secondly you can't claim it as a Human kingdom anymore in anyway the people who where the people who lived are forsaken now and the lands belongs to its people not a race and only one with valid casus beli to claim lordaeron in anyway as a human kingdom as Calia and she doesn't care about it. Also if you claim it belongs to a race ONLY race that would have claim for it in anyway are the forest trolls who rulled it before rise humanity or the rise of elves. Humans claim as race for that area doesn't mean a shit if they don't have any legimate ruler for it and nobody in alliance have legitimacy for it. Forest trolls never had a nobility that ruled over it just those that are the strongest so any forest troll tribe has more valid claim for that area than the entire alliance but together even if you give the calias claim.

Deleted
    Seems like there'll be a major character death when Teldrassil burns.
    https://i.imgur.com/W2fYeAW.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/VZEa1cf.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Seems like there'll be a major character death when Teldrassil burns.
    https://i.imgur.com/W2fYeAW.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/VZEa1cf.jpg
    The before and after image seems to present a few. We can assume that standing next to Sylvanas is Saurfang and Nathanos.

If Saurfang gets killed off because of Sylvanas' orders... ooOooOoh.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nightbringer View Post
    The before and after image seems to present a few. We can assume that standing next to Sylvanas is Saurfang and Nathanos.

If Saurfang gets killed off because of Sylvanas' orders... ooOooOoh.
    Saurfang is the only notable Orc left to lead. Besides Thrall... and Thrall is a featured character this expac... oh god.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    Saurfang is the only notable Orc left to lead. Besides Thrall... and Thrall is a featured character this expac... oh god.
    You don't make a brand new model for a character you're going to kill in the intro to the expansion.