Poll: What do you think of the next expansion?

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All these people were crying and begging for a return to Vanilla or Classic WoW, to the War, and Blizzard listened. Now those same people are complaining about how this is nothing new and it's a "filler" expansion. You just can't make some people happy.

I think the conflagration is caused by the Old God buried in Azeroth influencing the faction leaders. I'm perfectly content to go back to busting Alliance skulls again, so I'm ok with all this.

BFA feels really light on content as of right now. I know that could certainly change with time and I hope it does, but I usually have a decent idea as to what my end-game experience will be with an announcement like this. With BFA, I really can't peice it together. Those island expiditions sound like scenarios with mediocre rewards and no potential to be a steady stream of end-game content. The sieges seem to be something that doesn't occur often, one of the devs compared it to an event, but not as rare. I just can't see what it is that I will be doing day to day outside of the normal stuff; world quests, dungeons and raids. My hype levels are fluctuating and it's a bit dissapointing. I am far more excited for zone scaling and ally races than I am any new "flagship" gameplay.

Also, the Alliance zones are in my opinion a complete eye sore. The color pallet seems to be all grey & brown and not much else. As for the Horde zones, I personally fucking hate trolls and feel they have been done to death. Keep in mind this is all subjective, I just imagined Kul'Tiras to be a bit more green and blue, and a little less "literally everything is brown".
    Last edited by Veldoranz; 2017-11-05 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

You must have missed WoW: Classic's cinematic then. I mean Chromie was literally the first thing you saw.
    A proper cinematic for an expansion, not a short using the in game engine.

I just don't see anything in it that would be worth paying $60 and then $360 over 2 years. There is nothing new and they are destroying systems like world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but this is the first expansion when i'm already disappointed the day i saw it. The Horde/Alliance conflict is the most boring aspect in World of Warcraft, and now we simply flush all dangers that still awaits us on Azeroth; Old Gods, Azshara, Void Lords down the toilet and crush each other skulls.

And there seems much done for the PvP-Aspect in it, but what about us who don't want to play PvP like these warzones and play exactly because of it on PvE-Server.

Sorry, but this expansion might be the first one i might really skip, although i would love to see Kul Tiras. So anyone else expected something different?
    Mark my words: the faction conflict is just the opener. So the Horde thinks the Alliance started it and the Alliance thinks the Horde started it... Who could sew such devious confusion? Who has a history of just such manipulations? Why were we given all the recent bread crumbs to expect a void expansion? On the seas, under which there be Naga?

There will be more than one tier to BfA. Horde vs Alliance is only the beginning.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

As I said in another thread, faction war is the worst possible theme for an expansion. We already know it's ultimately destined to go nowhere, because Blizzard can't do anything else. Anything other than a stalemate pisses off huge amounts of players.

Yes, the classic "good vs bad guys" expansion is cliche, but at least the story isn't completely railroaded.

Everything I've seen on this expansion (which is lacking in details), looks boring, and in all honesty looks like it'll be the end of me playing WoW.

Well, the early announcements don't really have me overly excited, but we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Well, the early announcements don't really have me overly excited, but we'll see what happens.
    Just look at Metzen's introduction of Pandaria in 2011:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAz1_xskFZ0

And then look at what they did with BfA. The announcement of BfA is a complete failure, and it may very lose them millions of subscribers.

Deleted
    I like what I've heard so far, but I won't really be able to make an opinion about the expansion before I know how the gameplay is and how classes work. If they make classes more fun, then I don't really mind if the content is boring. The problem with current WoW is that the majority of classes are so easy to play it's not fun to play them.

Quite happy with the design, i'm looking forward for it. Nothing else to add right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I just don't see anything in it that would be worth paying $60 and then $360 over 2 years. There is nothing new and they are destroying systems like world pvp.
    Yeah, quite funny that the focal point of this expansion is the faction war and they make PvP something you can OPT in to. Haha. Wow these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snakus View Post
    I like what I've heard so far, but I won't really be able to make an opinion about the expansion before I know how the gameplay is and how classes work. If they make classes more fun, then I don't really mind if the content is boring. The problem with current WoW is that the majority of classes are so easy to play it's not fun to play them.
    Also true. In the end class design will determine a lot. Legion was quite great as an expansion but because class design sucked, people left. BfA, despite not boasting 10 new features, could end up very successful if they score with class design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm quite looking forward to going back to a more classic style of fantasy. It's effectively Sci-Fi at the moment with the space ships and the gaudy gold/crystal shit all over the place.

Plus the potential for Old God machinations to be weaved into faction war should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Indeed! Why are the alliance busting their guts farming rep with these turncoats for then!?
    Night elves are the most racist race in the game. they dont want the night borne because theya re blood elves 2.0 and void elves are alleria's high elves.. they were already in alliance, they just now have new powers

Deleted
    Just reading the new Q&A on the front page....there’s a real down beat attitude to it all. They just don’t sound enthusiastic or even know wtf they are doing. He sidestepped almost every question, similar to how it felt listening to the various announcements at Blizzcon.

I said it earlier but something seems off, like they’ve spent 2 years working on something else yet switched to BFA about 3 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    it finished now didn't it?
    no. it didn't.

blizzcon JUST ended and hadn't prior to your post.

Also, play beta before you form an opinion jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde/Alliance conflict is the core aspect of World of Warcraft. With a lot of short-sighted people arguing that Blizzard should abandon the factions due to were we're currently at with the story in Legion, Battle for Azeroth seem to be badly needed to keep this conflict alive. From the beginning this was about Orcs vs. Humans. Vanilla World of Warcraft began with the drums of war thundering again. This is what it's all about.

As a casual player I find the PvP aspect being the most re-playable part of the game nowadays, so I'm really happy if they put a lot of focus on that.
    It's a rotten core that doesn't function well in the modern era. It's a story that we already know how it's going to end. Since one side can never beat the other for gameplay reasons, it will always end in a stalemate. I mean, eventually you can defeat the big bad, but you can never meaningfully defeat the other faction. That is game ending territory and a funnier way to end it would be we reach a threat we can't ever defeat and all die. Now that would be a sub

Seems totally lame to me. I think they did pour lots of development resources into Legion and it had the potential to be great... but their incredibly asinine decisions regarding the range of TF procs, legiondaries (is anyone surprised they're going away?), and endless grinds which prevented any remotely serious player from enjoying alts drove TONS of subscribers and long time players away. The (relatively) small playerbase that remains they are now trying to squeeze the last pennies out of as the officially put WOW on maintenance mode.

That's what they should call this expansion... World of Warcraft - Maintenance Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I like how loaded that poll is. There's not even an option for very excited because then it wouldn't fit OPs shit narrative.
    That's the "quite happy" option. There are options for ++, +/-, --, and "I don't know". It's balanced.

Too early to tell. Some things I find interesting, some are a bit of a let down on the surface, some things I'd have liked to see remain on my wish list only.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Just look at Metzen's introduction of Pandaria in 2011:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAz1_xskFZ0

And then look at what they did with BfA. The announcement of BfA is a complete failure, and it may very lose them millions of subscribers.
    The Mists of Pandaria announcement wasn't controversial at all afterwords? There was like a 50% dislike bar on that trailer.