Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Problems with leveling an allied race

It would be very strange for example to level through Searing Gorge as a dark iron dwarf, or do ToT as a zandalari troll. How do you think this will be justified?
    Last edited by Beastnar; 2017-11-05 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's old content, who cares? It doesn't make any sense for DK's to level through Outland either.

Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    It's old content, who cares? It doesn't make any sense for DK's to level through Outland either.
    At least DKs don't kill their own kin in Outland.

I think the same as you OP, but to be fair, its not as if there were never rebelious sects of races that "betrayed" their own kind... I. E the Nightfallen, quite recently...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnar View Post
    It would be very strange for example to level through Searing Gorge as a dark iron dwarf, or do ToT as a zandalari troll. How do you think this will be justified?
    Doesn;t the story of searing gorge have dark irons killing dark irons anyway?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    I think the same as you OP, but to be fair, its not as if there were never rebelious sects of races that "betrayed" their own kind... I. E the Nightfallen, quite recently...
    Absolutely, but I find it to be a little too weak of an explanation considering more or less the whole faction is joining for the battle for Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Doesn;t the story of searing gorge have dark irons killing dark irons anyway?
    Sure they do, but now the whole dark iron faction is joining, right? So technically there shouldn't be anything to do in Searing Gorge anymore? There's just too many plotholes to take into consideration it seems...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we just have to accept this as "artistic license" until a world revamp expansion comes.

I mean, there is literally no situation where the Nightborne are going to make sense going through Cataclysm content, because they were all locked in a magic dome until recently.

On the other hand, would I rather have the Nightborne, and weird-ass time-nonsense, than not? Yeah.

I mean there is a solution, but will anyone like it? Our good buddy Chromie.

After we create a new race, ol' Chromie could send us back in time, and disguise us as an appropriate race. This is basically what happens in various CoT dungeons, as I'm sure most are aware. But do you want to level a race that's "disguised" the whole time you're leveling? We could snap back to "real time" at 110, but 120 would be more technically appropriate.

Does anyone want that though? Is it worth it? This problem can be solved.

Sure they do, but now the whole dark iron faction is joining, right? So technically there shouldn't be anything to do in Searing Gorge anymore? There's just too many plotholes to take into consideration it seems...
    The Chromie Solution (TM) resolves all plotholes, but I dunno, I feel like I'd rather have plotholes than have to look like a BElf whilst leveling a Nightborne, say. I suppose Chromie could make the disguise only visible to NPCs, as it were.

Yeah, this does feel very strange. I guess because of the fact that these races need to be "unlocked" makes up for it. That way, someone new to the game wouldn't be confused.

Who knows, maybe their leveling experience will explain it.
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2017-11-05 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    I find it also strange that the allied races don't seem to get any real introduction quest line ("The current plan is for the Allied Races to start in their faction's main hub when created"). Or am I understanding Steve Burke wrong? At least they'll get an intro cinematic in-game I guess...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naranha View Post
    I find it also strange that the allied races don't seem to get any real introduction quest line ("The current plan is for the Allied Races to start in their faction's main hub when created"). Or am I understanding Steve Burke wrong? At least they'll get an intro cinematic in-game I guess...
    You will do introduction quest for allied race on your main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You will do introduction quest for allied race on your main.
    Yeah I get that, I just think it needs to be explained how the character got to the main hub when it's starting there at level 20. I guess this will be done through the intro cinematic though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naranha View Post
    Yeah I get that, I just think it needs to be explained how the character got to the main hub when it's starting there at level 20. I guess this will be done through the intro cinematic though.
    Maybe. I honestly love this system. This way they don't waste resources for another starting zone and our main get extra narrative content. They can literally spam new races now - Nightborne and Void Elves could easily be complete new race, so there is room for Ogres, Vrykuls, Ethereals, etc. in the future.

Yeah, I really don't think Blizzard thought 'allied race' set up through. The narrative contradictions are problematic, and it's hard to explain why allied races like Lightforged Draenei or Highmountain Tauren constitute their own race when they are basically normal Draenei and Tauren with minor cosmetic differences.

People were asking for either a new race or for sub-races (e.g., additional customization to each playable race). Instead, Blizzard has given us this awkward intermediate that seems to please no one.

They could have just thrown more options in the barbershop, but then they'd lose out on all that race change bank.

Deleted
    It's a lore walker vision to give you an insight into the world as the people you ally with now saw it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Suck it up" - Blizzard
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    It's honestly a non issue. This happens every time a new race gets added. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

I do not pretend to know about the Dark Iron (I have more than 30 Horde toons lvl 100+ NO Alliance toons), but I know trolls. I voraciously consume their lore ever since Forest Trolls were in Warcraft 2. My personal opinion is that 'Zul the Prophet', had aspirations and either Rastakhan sent Zul away simply to stop his possible rebelious behavior, thus the PC Zandalari character has no qualms about stopping Zul's attempt to gain power with the Thunder King for his own ends (and not that of the Zandalari Tribe). I would also postulate that the Blood Trolls will have something to do with Zul as well. That when his attempt to make himself powerful through the Thunder King failed, he probably came back and tempted trolls into using blood magic. I noticed that the Blood Trolls are the only ones I know of rules by females over the males, and maybe Zul incited that. Using the downtrodden females in some way to rise up against their literal Patriarchy (King Rastakhan it says in one of my D20 books was around for the Sundering 10,000 years ago, so he's been king as long as Aszhara has been queen). Anyway, at this point I am rambling.

TLDR: The Prophet Zul's forces and King Rastakhan's forces are two seperate entities of the same race.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be the same as playing through Grizzly Hills as a worgen. They didn't change that quest line just because they made worsens playable.

7+ Year Old Account
    The same way they justified DHs running Black Temple: they didn't.