Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I bet Anduin is the raid leaders boyfriend and thats how he got that sword and plate armor over all the warriors in the raid.

Seemed pretty clear to me that the cinematic wanted to portray Anduins struggle to find his own leading style by putting him in his dads armor and sucking at warrioring and then switching to priest skills instead and being awesome at it.
    Being a paladin would mean being good at fighting and at priesting, which is pretty much the opposite message.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I bet Anduin is the raid leaders boyfriend and thats how he got that sword and plate armor over all the warriors in the raid.

Seemed pretty clear to me that the cinematic wanted to portray Anduins struggle to find his own leading style by putting him in his dads armor and sucking at warrioring and then switching to priest skills instead and being awesome at it.
    Being a paladin would mean being good at fighting and at priesting, which is pretty much the opposite message.
    Yeah Anduin and swords... just no. A Troll grunt managed to block all of his blows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    priest
    /10 chars
    Then he's a Priest unless Blizzard says otherwise. End of discussion.

They said Anduin is STILL a priest. Implying he hasn’t changed but can! IMO he’s going to become the Arthas we deserved

10+ Year Old Account
    paladins are priests that wear plate
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    paladins are priests that wear plate
    you ain't wrong boyo. Literally a paladin is a Northshire cleric who trained in the ways of battle to fight off the Orc Warlocks and demons etc.

Either way I'm calling it here RN Folks. Anduin is going to become a Paladin (He's going to learn you can't just heal and sometimes you have to fight) And he's going to be the fucking ARTHAS WE DESERVED

Anduin starting to cry midbattle was, sorry to say, kind of lame. The animation looked insane, sure, but honestly I thought this was a bit much, even for an emotional teenager like Anduin.
    That said, I would rather see him develop into some sort of Archbishop-like figure instead.

Imo the cinematic just hammered home that the times are forcing him into a role he can't fill, at least not like his father did.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Anduin starting to cry midbattle was, sorry to say, kind of lame. The animation looked insane, sure, but honestly I thought this was a bit much, even for an emotional teenager like Anduin.
    That said, I would rather see him develop into some sort of Archbishop-like figure instead.

Imo the cinematic just hammered home that the times are forcing him into a role he can't fill, at least not like his father did.
    i actually liked that he was crying. he's not a super warrior like his dad or a warmonger like greymane but he still has an important role to fill

Quote Originally Posted by erufufu View Post
    Despite training as a priest, he was still a prince and would of received a lot of sword training growing up, probably a higher level education than most grunts would receive. Plus as Sarym said, Lore characters arent confined to the same class archetypes we are.
    He did, he learned from Magni and he learned how to use a bow and hunt from his dad.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Seriously did some of you just NOW start paying attention to the game's lore and major heroes?

I guess you forgot about Thrall wearing plate.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    First step: calm down. Perhaps take a break from posting/reading if saying the name of a spell causes that reaction from you.

However, I could have been a bit more clear and correct in my statement. We do see people die and get gravely injured around Anduin in the cinematic, but he seems to use Power Word: Barrier and at the very least bring people from the brink of their critical condition - perhaps Halo was used with that. We also see far more Alliance troops get up and fight after Anduin casts that spell. Resurrection has also been shown in lore (and other cinematics - BC's opening cinematic for instance) in the past, so a "mass resurrection" doesn't seem implausible lore-wise.
    But Mass Resurrection was the Paladin hero's "ultimate" spell in WC3, as iconic as bubble for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Rexxar is a survival beastmaster. Sylvanas is a banshee marksman. Tyrande is a marksman priest.

This variation or double-layering of a character is nothing new. Just because he has a sword, it doesn't mean he isn't a priest or should be confined to powers of 1H sword-wielding classes.
    Although sadly Banshee isn't a class would be fun though.

Just wearing plate and having a sword doesnt mean you joined an order of paladins no. This has nothing to do with game logic is about social lore logic and by that logic he has taken no oaths and joined no order to be considered a paladin no matter how much he swings that sword

And not having the social rank of paladin doesnt mean you cant use its powers

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    yeah and orcs painted rainbows on sky in second and first war, i agree totally lol
    I am quite aware that orcs are awful and the only good orc is a dead orc. My point was that the person I quoted thinks the Alliance is lawful good and perfect and immaculate, when it's just as evil as the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    SNIP
    I'm not saying the Horde isn't also terrible (see above). Genn Greymane has the same idiotic character trait that I absolutely hated in Varian; he is utterly incapable of setting aside his personal vendetta for the good of his people. he HATES Sylvanas because she killed his son. Big fucking deal when the planet, or indeed all of creation, is at stake. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and if he can't set his petty little personal conflict on the back burner when there are much more important problems to take care of, he is a) a terrible advisor for an untested boy king and b) a terrible king of Gilneas in his own right because he is putting HIS OWN PERSONAL PROBLEMS ABOVE THE WELFARE OF HIS SUBJECTS, just like Varian did until pretty much the Legion intro cinematic.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2017-11-05 at 04:55 PM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I don't think what Anduin accomplished there had much to do with him. He stretched his hand with teary-eyes towards the heavens and made a plea. The Light answered. It seems to work more like Thoros of Myr in Game of Thrones. Thoros himself doesn't have the power to bring back the dead, R'hllor just happens to answer his prayers.
    Yeah, or R'hllor is fake and Thoros is a powerful psychic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

My church pastor does MMA, Kendo, and bow hunts deer.

I guess mmochamp would be pissed he is multi classing Priestt Monk Warrior Hunter wouldnt they? Sometimes nerds really miss the point of real life skills being mixed and matched commonly and think you must fit a single mold

"Classes" are game constructs. You shouldn't expect characters in the story to strictly follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelmandan View Post
    i find that he "hero" bull crap can't be two things a priest with plate armor and sword and have paladin powers but a priest.
    Class is a game play concept, rules are different in lore. Imagine if it were in real life, what is stopping Anduin from swinging a sword? Because he prayed a lot? Nonsense.

omg anduin used a sword! Lore ruined! lmao