Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Ian Bates‏ @TheredShirtGuy
    @TheredShirtGuy
    @springTheElf @Volardelis
    The Void Elves aren't high elves, they're blood elves that were kicked out of Silvermoon and decided to rejoin the Alliance, as well.
    https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/s...39397173719040
    Since red shirt guy is the one that datamined the subraces from 7.3, I think we can trust him entirely.

Yet makes me think of why they just don't make high elves the void elves! Are they saving helves for something in the future, or are they always gonna be that non playable alliance race?

I was getting excited about void elves being the story progression for high elves, but it seems it's back to standby with them in terms of lore. I swear they are schredinger's race at this point. Do something with them or be done with them! What's the point of this holding pattern of Vereesa and the Silver Covenant still being featured more than even playable races if they are never gonna be playable lol.

On the other hand, lemme preface this by saying that I love blood elves they are my second fav horde race, but the fact that Alleria is converting blood elves to the alliance is so delicious you guys!
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2017-11-05 at 07:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    blood elves and high elves are the same thing
    Oh really? Strange, because I've been treated as some sort of crazy heretic everytime I dared to point that out in these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yet makes me think of why they just don't make high elves the void elves! Are they saving helves for something in the future, or are they always gonna be that non playable alliance race?
    As the poster above said, they're the same goddamn shit. Seriously, who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Oh really? Strange, because I've been treated as some sort of crazy heretic everytime I dared to point that out in these forums.
    you were not !?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

As the poster above said, they're the same goddamn shit. Seriously, who cares.
    Given the fact that they are still after all of this year a topic, I guess that enough people. Considering we are talking about made up mythologies in here, technically everything is equally pointless.

So back on the pointless drivel that is every word on this forum, high elves and blood elves are genetically relatively the same, that much is true, as true it is their differences are ideological not unlike the Huojin and Tushui divide, but actually meaningful.

If we put into consideration the voild elves being former blood elves going to the alliance, it just makes it sound that the Belves might loose more people to defection than to war itself, but on the other hand, I bet those nightborne will make up for it in terms of population.

Since red shirt guy is the one that datamined the subraces from 7.3, I think we can trust him entirely.

I was getting excited about void elves being the story progression for high elves, but it seems it's back to standby with them in terms of lore. I swear they are schredinger's race at this point. Do something with them or be done with them! What's the point of this holding pattern of Vereesa and the Silver Covenant still being featured more than even playable races if they are never gonna be playable lol.

On the other hand, lemme preface this by saying that I love blood elves they are my second fav horde race, but the fact that Alleria is converting blood elves to the alliance is so delicious you guys!
    this may mean nothing but an overwatch GM gave a like a tweet to high elves join to the blood elves to have blue eyes as a personalization feature
    https://twitter.com/Kael_319/status/927029028405555201
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2017-11-05 at 12:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Alright since you seem to be repeating Voidlelf r blood elf! in every thread I am going to clarify it again. These guys were exiled for doing void magic, it's not like a bunch of blood elves turned coat when Alleria showed up, these guys were already in exile.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

To be honest...We don't know if they're all Blood elves, it could also include High elves that turned to the void.
    All we know is that a group of them were exiled Blood elves. This is meant to be an entire "race" so it's absurd to think they're all the same.
    I mean there's several distinct High elf groups too.

Exiled High elves from Silvermoon, who are split up into Lodge High elves, and the Silver Covenant.
    High elves who remained in the Alliance following the Second war,
    And the High elves from the Alliance Expedition in Outland.

It wouldn't surprise me if some Void Elves were High elves.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2017-11-05 at 03:48 PM.

this may mean nothing but an overwatch GM gave a like a tweet to high elves join to the blood elves to have blue eyes as a personalization feature
    https://twitter.com/Kael_319/status/927029028405555201
    But that doesn't make any sense since the divide between High Elves and blood elves is political. The Silver Covenant is so anti blood elf and so anti horde it just doesn't fly at all.

I'm not against blue eyes on blood elves BTW, they can just find a way to cleanse the fel green from their eyes.

I love high elves cause I'm basic like that, but as a blood elf player, after everything the Silver Covenant has done against the Blood Elves (The Purge of Dalaran, Thunder Isle) It's hard to believe they would be welcomed.

Maybe Auric and his pilgrims can turn cloak tho, if the choice is between a all in faction war and access to the Sunwell, they my choose the later.

Also maybe the Silver Covenant goes to Teldrassil's defense and gets burned to a crisp, Sylvanas having to kill Vereesa. It would be bold, but we would resolve the Silver Covenant, and add another layer of drama to the Windrunners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    To be honest...We don't know if they're all Blood elves, it could also include High elves that turned to the void.
    All we know is that a group of them were exiled Blood elves. This is meant to be an entire "race" so it's absurd to think they're all the same.
    I mean there's several distinct High elf groups too.

Exiled High elves from Silvermoon, who are split up into Lodge High elves, and the Silver Covenant.
    High elves who remained in the Alliance following the Second war,
    And the High elves from the Alliance Expedition in Outland.

It wouldn't surprise me if some Void Elves were High elves.
    Indeed is difficult (yet not impossible) to believe that only a group of Void Elves could be a playable race, so that a group of high elves following Alleria in these steps and bolstering their ranks could work a lot.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2017-11-05 at 06:07 PM.

But that doesn't make any sense since the divide between High Elves and blood elves is political. The Silver Covenant is so anti blood elf and so anti horde it just doesn't fly at all.

I'm not against blue eyes on blood elves BTW, they can just find a way to cleanse the fel green from their eyes.

I love high elves cause I'm basic like that, but as a blood elf player, after everything the Silver Covenant has done against the Blood Elves (The Purge of Dalaran, Thunder Isle) It's hard to believe they would be welcomed.

Maybe Auric and his pilgrims can turn cloak tho, if the choice is between a all in faction war and access to the Sunwell, they my choose the later.

Also maybe the Silver Covenant goes to Teldrassil's defense and gets burned to a crisp, Sylvanas having to kill Vereesa. It would be bold, but we would resolve the Silver Covenant, and add another layer of drama to the Windrunners.
    could happen that the Veeresa Elf are burned in Teldrasil and those who were not from that group return to Quelthalas to defend the Sunwell

Deleted
    I also see as very possible some drastic fate for the Silver Convenant. With Vereesa burning down Teldrassil to stop Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the sunwell will give the blood elves blue eyes in time, if not Golden ones.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I also see as very possible some drastic fate for the Silver Convenant. With Vereesa burning down Teldrassil to stop Sylvanas.
    Well that would be the cherry on the top when it comes to that trainwreck of a character. Which means not only we'll have to kill her but she would leave the show in the most shameful and miserable way imaginable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

could happen that the Veeresa Elf are burned in Teldrasil and those who were not from that group return to Quelthalas to defend the Sunwell
    Sure why not. I just really want the Silver Covenant to do something, even if it is to burn to a crisp.

Somehow I can't see Vereesa going to that length; but I def can see her getting killed trying to stop Sylvanas, which would make the Alleria/Sylvanas relationship far more complicated.

Or maybe they are saving the Silver Covenant to mount an attack on Silvermoon now with Alleria + Void Elves + Jaina on top for a future battlefront.

And then the blood elves have to go live in Suramar.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2017-11-05 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Alright since you seem to be repeating Voidlelf r blood elf! in every thread I am going to clarify it again. These guys were exiled for doing void magic, it's not like a bunch of blood elves turned coat when Alleria showed up, these guys were already in exile.
    Doesn't this mean that the Blood Elves are the hypocrites now? After all, themselves used Fel Magic to satisfy their addiction and their allies, the Forsaken, openly use void magic and follow a cult of the shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Doesn't this mean that the Blood Elves are the hypocrites now? After all, themselves used Fel Magic to satisfy their addiction and their allies, the Forsaken, openly use void magic and follow a cult of the shadow.
    The forsaken preached a balance of light and shadow, Void magic is worse than fel magic. These elves lost themselves in the void, it doesn't make you a hypocrite to exile them if anything its cruel that they didn't kill them like they did the felblood.

Also what Combat said. You're not a hypocrit for kicking out morons who threaten you.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-11-05 at 09:35 PM.
    Holy shit lol

There is a fundamental difference, just like the blood elves rose against their prince, they don't have so much of a problem with being pragmatic, if you become a danger to those around you they usually draw the line. Always have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The forsaken preached a balance of light and shadow, Void magic is worse than fel magic. These elves lost themselves in the void, it doesn't make you a hypocrite to exile them if anything its cruel that they didn't kill them like they did the felblood.

Also what Combat said. You're not a hypocrit for kicking out morons who threaten you.
    But to be against a regime that served an agent of Kil'jaeden and fed the people with fel and enslaved and tortured was evil?

But to be against a regime that served an agent of Kil'jaeden and fed the people with fel and enslaved and tortured was evil?
    You know what happened the moment the people learned of that? Right immediate civil war to put that madman down.

Deleted
    The Blood Elves that used Fel Magic to satisfy their addiction are all dead. Silvermoon fought their own prince because of that betrayal.

So, no hypocrisy, it's actually following that they did before.

- - - Updated - - -

Was that same regime that Lor'themar, Liadrin and Rommath fought against as soon they learned?

Deleted
    Was that same regime that Lor'themar, Liadrin and Rommath fought against as soon they learned?
    I'm pretty sure Liadrin knew about the Naaru.