Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Yeah Anduin and swords... just no. A Troll grunt managed to block all of his blows.
    I mean beforehand he rekt two grunts and he still beat the Troll, even if in a rather inelegant fashion. He got knocked down by Saurfang, but anyone would get knocked down by Saurfang.

The point of the sequence was more that he's clearly better with the Light than with a sword, so he's not really a Paladin as they would use the sword first. Just like Thrall is better with the elements than with the Doomhammer even if he can use said hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean beforehand he rekt two grunts and he still beat the Troll, even if in a rather inelegant fashion. He got knocked down by Saurfang, but anyone would get knocked down by Saurfang.

The point of the sequence was more that he's clearly better with the Light than with a sword, so he's not really a Paladin as they would use the sword first. Just like Thrall is better with the elements than with the Doomhammer even if he can use said hammer.
    In the comics he summons a Hammer made of light to kill a dreadlord. But I think what's happening is he is COMING INTO HIMSELF! He does not yet know how to wield the light fully. Yes he is a priest, but I feel like his fathers teaching in him/the war will turn him into a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    If someone would have just auto attacked him, they could have easily stopped the mass rez he was casting.
    What mass rez? The knights/warriors still looked alive, just in a very damaged state (haunched over, kneeling down, etc).
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thrall was able to use Lava Burst on Garrosh while fighting as a melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I am quite aware that orcs are awful and the only good orc is a dead orc. My point was that the person I quoted thinks the Alliance is lawful good and perfect and immaculate, when it's just as evil as the Horde.

I'm not saying the Horde isn't also terrible (see above). Genn Greymane has the same idiotic character trait that I absolutely hated in Varian; he is utterly incapable of setting aside his personal vendetta for the good of his people. he HATES Sylvanas because she killed his son. Big fucking deal when the planet, or indeed all of creation, is at stake. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and if he can't set his petty little personal conflict on the back burner when there are much more important problems to take care of, he is a) a terrible advisor for an untested boy king and b) a terrible king of Gilneas in his own right because he is putting HIS OWN PERSONAL PROBLEMS ABOVE THE WELFARE OF HIS SUBJECTS, just like Varian did until pretty much the Legion intro cinematic.
    who attacked human kingdoms first and why would they accept orcs in their world if they actually all the way till end of 3rd war just wanted to conquer azeroth even after they stopped drinking demon blood..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeme View Post
    All paladins are priests but not all priests are paladin's. It all comes down to whether he will keep using a sword + plate armor along with the holy abilities, if he does hes a paladin no matter what blizzard says.
    Hero characters in WoW has, as Afrasiabi said, been able to bend the rules of class restrictions. So nothing stops Anduin from being both a warrior, but also wielding priest abilities. Besides, you make it sound like the only thing that differs a priest and a paladin is the armor and the weapon. In realitiy, they use different kinds of holy magic and spells, so unless Anduin starts using seals, blessings and bubbles, he is still a priest wearing armor.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What mass rez? The knights/warriors still looked alive, just in a very damaged state (haunched over, kneeling down, etc).
    Yeah, it looked more like he popped the mother of all healing cooldowns. That's consistent with Anduin being a prodigy when it comes to using the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Amen, son. /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was in lore all forsaken are shadow priests since the light causes them excruciating pain.
    they exist because gameplay reasons because priests need to fulfill 2 roles.. untill blizzcon 2014 they didnt even had a lore as shadow priests..same as blood dk exists as tank..in lore dks are purely unholy..with admixtures of frost.. and old dks are just warlocks in human bodies

Yeah, it looked more like he popped the mother of all healing cooldowns. That's consistent with Anduin being a prodigy when it comes to using the Light.
    Divine Plea getting buffed confirmed.

OT: What I don't get is why people believe WoW classes follow the exact same construct in lore. It's not as if someone comes of age and they decide what class to live their life on, it's a medieval fantasy world that is far more flexible.
    Last edited by kail; 2017-11-05 at 06:49 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

If someone would have just auto attacked him, they could have easily stopped the mass rez he was casting.
    it wasnt mass rezz but mass heal.. aka pw:shield

Deleted
    Turalyon was named "paladin" with barely no martial training and a faith problem. So, accordingly Blizzard's own lore, Anduin is a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Divine Plea getting buffed confirmed.
    He didn't even grow wings like our priests, wtf blizz 0/10 cinematic team brb unsubbing.

7+ Year Old Account
    It wasnt a rez, he was healing them.

It was basically a massive holy word: sanctify

Formerly known as Arafal

Class restrictions are for gameplay reasons only.. In the lore there is nothing that forbids you from using plate gear and two hand sword as a mage or any other "clothie".

Paladin. Ugh typos in thread titles irritate me...in any case, I wouldn't read too much into the cinematic until Blizzard says something officially. He might be a paladin now that he has his father's sword; he might not. There is some basis for priest -> paladin in the lore (first paladins; Lady Liadrin).

The way he threw down his father's sword in order to cast a light-based spell makes me think that he's still a priest. Symbolic of filling his father's shoes, but in his own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Well that means he is the last King of Stormwind, priests are not allowed to have sex :P
    I bet he'll turn out to be gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Well that means he is the last King of Stormwind, priests are not allowed to have sex :P
    You think they'd let him become a priest if he got that kind of limitation? No, Priests of the Light do not have to abstain from procreation. Neither do priests of many real world religions.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You think they'd let him become a priest if he got that kind of limitation? No, Priests of the Light do not have to abstain from procreation. Neither do priests of many real world religions.
    He was joking.

Here's a better question. Didn't War Crimes say he was never going to fully recover from the Divine Bell incident?

Back to what we see, I get the feeling that Anduin didn't actually want to be there. He pauses for a second before dealing the final blow to the troll, and immediatly gives Shalamayne a look like he doesn't like it. I'd go as far as to say the only point he actually looks happy, if not confident, in what he's doing is when he goes priest. The fact that, in a series where nobody important has worn a helmet that covers their face since Arthas, Anduin not only does, but wears one that is deliberately designed to be a confident mask only reinforces that feeling.

In Thrall's case, my money is on the hammer. The elements might like him, but he wasn't champion of the arena at the tender age of 12 for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    who attacked human kingdoms first and why would they accept orcs in their world if they actually all the way till end of 3rd war just wanted to conquer azeroth even after they stopped drinking demon blood..
    1. Orcs invaded, that's the original Horde. It has nothing in common with the current Horde ressurected by Thrall, also known as the "New Horde". History of Thrall's Horde starts with liberation of orcish internment camps and exodus to Kalimdor. That doesn't strike me as "just wanted to conquer azeroth even after they stopped drinking demon blood".

2. As I seem to recall, Horde was doing its own thing in Kalimdor after Mount Hyall, until Lord Admiral Proudmoore came along and started making trouble. The Horde, with the help of his own daughter Jaina eliminated the threat, and peace ensued together with neutrality of Theramore. Neutrality that was upoheld until the moment Jaina sent Theramore forces to conquer South Barrens. Once again, the Horde retaliated, and this time it was Garrosh, not Thrall in charge so he obliterated the city from the map.

Honestly, I wish the story was better too, as it was back in the day. But these days it seems like Alliance does some stupid shit, and then get punished for doing it. At least if there was an opposite as well. Horde does stupid shit, and then gets punished for it. Then you could at least weave a story about blindness, and personal agendas that ruin the faction form within. That could be interesting.

What we have now, is just beyond stupid. Alliance for I don't know what reason invades Lordaeron, Horde retaliates and destroys Teldrassil. And for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Turalyon was named "paladin" with barely no martial training and a faith problem. So, accordingly Blizzard's own lore, Anduin is a paladin.
    That's what I've been saying all along. If the shoe fits...

It's one of those cases of the Horde and Alliance felt like the other side is an idiot... and both having a point.

In the Horde's favor, much of the original Forsaken were from Lordaeron. Te expect them to leave what was their home is insane.

In the Alliances favor, that's the original capital of the Alliance they've been squating in. To expect the Alliance to go 'Ok, you can have it' is equally insane, as is, of course, expecting every survivor of Lordaeron to give up their home.

It's something I've always wished Blizzard explored in depth. They could have made the rank and file Scarlet Crusade members sympathetic villains being manipulated by the higher ups.

I'd argue that things tipped more heavily towards the Alliance having the better point in Cata, as Sylvanas was now raising anyone she could...