Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    exactly

So alliance gained nothing and the entireity of Ashenvale went to the Horde
    We don't know that either, there could be another war front in Ashenvale similar to the Arathi one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    It's not like the horde are the only ones with toys to pull out, and they made it clear at blizzcont that Lordaeron/Undercity is in ruins and not occupied by either faction, kind of like post Cata Gilneas.
    I wonder what role Gilneas will play in all this. From what we heard so far the Alliance reclaims it but for some reason Arathi is the key point.
    Gilneas is closer to UC/Lordaeron and bigger than Stromgarde. Maybe because it's not entirely cleansed from the plague yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I wonder what role Gilneas will play in all this. From what we heard so far the Alliance reclaims it but for some reason Arathi is the key point.
    Gilneas is closer to UC/Lordaeron and bigger than Stromgarde. Maybe because it's not entirely cleansed from the plague yet?
    It could be the Alliance reclaims Gilneas too solidly for the Forsaken to be able to attack it. Or they may have strateic reasons to make their final stand in Arathi instead of Gilneas, Stromguard is afterall in turmoil likely after their princes was raised, took control and then was cut down by DK players in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    A plague?
    Some small cult with a plague managed to break a faction and destroy multiple Kingdoms.
    There is absolutely no reason other than plot-armour as to why the Forsaken shouldn't be able to use the plague to completely destroy the entire Alliance.

I like how you use Malfurion and Dalaran as an argument. A oerson and a city that wouldn't even be in the game if plot-armour didn't need them to get back into the lore.
    Please call me again when your leader becomes the neutral guy.

Bullshit. We already had them in WC3, that's when Blizzard didn't have to care about things like this.

Because the Alliance betrayed them? Again.

She was never affiliated with this new Alliance either, she was friends with Lordaeron. Which is now part of the Horde.
    But she did have an affiliation with Quel'thalas. Which she randomly decided to abandon because.. well.. let's be honest: Because Blizzard wants to suck up to Alliance cry-babies.
    The plague of undeath that brought about the scourge and the forsaken plague are two very different things. Forsaken plague is a chemical weapon that destroys things but doesn't raise them etc. It doesn't spread on its own, it doesn't reaise the fallen as more soldiers, and the forsaken aren't going to be able to take a kingdom at peace off guard like the scourge of lordaeron did. Saying the Forsaken can just plague everything is like saying the alliance can just carpetbomb everything from their air ships.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    We'd apologize for UC, but I think sacking it raised its real estate value, so ... you're welcome. On the same note thanks for burning down that Knife-ear Warren! shame were just getting more ..
    Okay I am really upset about the Undercity to be honest but this made me laugh because you are probably right, the place is a literal **** hole. I love it and it is my favorite city in the game, but you're not wrong XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    future warfront

Im pretty sure the Night Elves are thrilled to hear they lost their ancient homeland so the Alliance could retake a kingdom that they have no ancestry to and immediatly lost and withdrew from. You see the horde staging ground is still Lordaeron the lines are Gilnease and Stromguard after the battle.

nice one

- - - Updated - - -

You can't use the Val'kyr , Blight , Or the Blood Elven Magisters

Then the Alliance would of had no victory moment in the battle and suffered a humiliating defeat.

It's still humilitating though considering warfronts make it very obvious Lordaeron is Horde controlled after the battle since the Warfront Line in Stronguard
    The alliance control Lorderan, it's just not defensible with a ruin of walls...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Y'all ignoring the greatest loss the horde suffered.

The horde wickerman location has to change!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    It is kinda funny. We burn down the tree(an entire zone) right after it got blessed again, you guys sack some ruins that is filled with plague and death. And then we get Suramar and you get a few goth elves that were already in the alliance xD
    Lordaeron is more than just the capital city. It is all of the region except Elfland. This is the hotspot of Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 and WoW. Enjoy your burned tree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The Horde has the Nightwell, the Sunwell and the Well of Eternity. Just baste a mana bomb in each well for a week, it should soak up a lot of magic. Then drop it in Kul'tiras and create yet another wound in Azeroth. Or just have a bunch of Blood Elves and Nightborne channel a spell similar to the one Azshara used against Azsuna.

With the Focusing Iris. Admittedly the Horde used it to create that mana bomb too, but the Horde still has plenty of magical stuff left, while the Alliance lost the last bastion of crazy magic sources the moment they lost Hyjal.
    Let's be happy that you are not the president of the US. You sure like weapons of mass destruction.

Yes, she would. Slightly. Just a tiiiiiny bit.
    P.S.
    I am laughing at you people discussing who is more powerful and who could wipe out whom.
    Get this - Alliance and Horde will not destroy each other and will continue to exist, both. Plot devices will (and have) be made for that. Unless Blizzard changes whole idea and removes the old factions, which does not seem likely in the near future.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let's not mana bomb Kul'tiras.

Sylvanas needs more humans to raise, and a Forsaken Jaina..

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Let's plague it instead.
    This. Plague is far more likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Seeing as we still have the entire UC filled with the plague, and Sylvannas doesn't have to answer to brown Hitler anymore, Im wondering why this war is taking more then 20 minutes....
    A fair point. I guess for the same reason gnomes have not made radioactive bombs.

Deleted
    A plague?
    Some small cult with a plague managed to break a faction and destroy multiple Kingdoms.
    There is absolutely no reason other than plot-armour as to why the Forsaken shouldn't be able to use the plague to completely destroy the entire Alliance.
    Did you just call a "small cult" a plot orchestrated by the Burning Legion(read Kil'jaeden himself), and involving figures like Mal'Ganis, Tichondrius, Anetheron, Mephistroth, Balnazzar, Varimathras, Ner'zhul, Kel'Thuzad and numerous others?

And the whole point is, having such a plague, is a plot-armor of the highest order.

I like how you use Malfurion and Dalaran as an argument. A oerson and a city that wouldn't even be in the game if plot-armour didn't need them to get back into the lore.
    Please call me again when your leader becomes the neutral guy.
    Malfurion and Dalaran were in the Alliance long before WoW. Or do you want entire order - Knights of the Silver Hand? Or perhaps Khagdar? Or Tirion Fordring? Or maybe even Bolvar Fordragon? It doesn't get any thicker than that.

Bullshit. We already had them in WC3, that's when Blizzard didn't have to care about things like this.
    When we talk about Undead in WC3, we talk about the Scourge. Plus their mere existance doesn't make them any less ridiculous from lore standpoint of view.

Because the Alliance betrayed them? Again.
    Oh, so the Blood Elves pull out of the Alliance, then they don't get their help, and that makes them join the Orcs and Trolls that killed their ancestors(or considering their long lifespan their families perhaps?). That makes total sense. Not a plot-armor at all.

She was never affiliated with this new Alliance either, she was friends with Lordaeron. Which is now part of the Horde.
    But she did have an affiliation with Quel'thalas. Which she randomly decided to abandon because.. well.. let's be honest: Because Blizzard wants to suck up to Alliance cry-babies.
    What was that old Alliance you talk about? If Turalyon is affiliated with the current Alliance, it would only make sense that she is as well. About Quel'thalas - yes, they are her kin. Which both of her sisters left, without being absent for thousand years. And which is now allied with the already mentioned Orcs and Trolls and her deranged sister, that is following in the footsteps of Arthas, trying to create undead of her own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I am laughing at you people discussing who is more powerful and who could wipe out whom.
    Thats the whole idea behind the forums, isn't it? To discuss stuff we find interesting? If we wanted dry facts about the game, we would have stuck to the home page of mmochamp.

We Mana Bombed Kul'Tiras as retaliation?
    The salt is real. Dropping a brick on Lordaeron's head was already retaliation for burning Teldrassil. Go for it. I'd love to hear about the Alliance strolling into Orgrimmar (again) and turning it into a zoo.

"Come see the savages in their natural environment -- cages! This time we don't need to put them in camps! They've already built a large one for us!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Did you just call a "small cult" a plot orchestrated by the Burning Legion(read Kil'jaeden himself), and involving figures like Mal'Ganis, Tichondrius, Anetheron, Mephistroth, Balnazzar, Varimathras, Ner'zhul, Kel'Thuzad and numerous others?

And the whole point is, having such a plague, is a plot-armor of the highest order.

Malfurion and Dalaran were in the Alliance long before WoW. Or do you want entire order - Knights of the Silver Hand? Or perhaps Khagdar? Or Tirion Fordring? Or maybe even Bolvar Fordragon? It doesn't get any thicker than that.

When we talk about Undead in WC3, we talk about the Scourge. Plus their mere existance doesn't make them any less ridiculous from lore standpoint of view.

Oh, so the Blood Elves pull out of the Alliance, then they don't get their help, and that makes them join the Orcs and Trolls that killed their ancestors(or considering their long lifespan their families perhaps?). That makes total sense. Not a plot-armor at all.

What was that old Alliance you talk about? If Turalyon is affiliated with the current Alliance, it would only make sense that she is as well. About Quel'thalas - yes, they are her kin. Which both of her sisters left, without being absent for thousand years. And which is now allied with the already mentioned Orcs and Trolls and her deranged sister, that is following in the footsteps of Arthas, trying to create undead of her own.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the whole idea behind the forums, isn't it? To discuss stuff we find interesting? If we wanted dry facts about the game, we would have stuck to the home page of mmochamp.
    It's more Garithos set the blood elves up to get slaughtered and then when they turned to the naga for aid to keep from being killed by the scourge he captured and intended to execute them. And then the Purge of Dalaran thing. It's not just a matter of 'we left the alliance but they didn't help us anyway!'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DownGoesUndercityGGBoiz View Post
    The salt is real. Dropping a brick on Lordaeron's head was already retaliation for burning Teldrassil. Go for it. I'd love to hear about the Alliance strolling into Orgrimmar (again) and turning it into a zoo.

"Come see the savages in their natural environment -- cages! This time we don't need to put them in camps! They've already built a large one for us!"

Blizzcon didn't say Teldrassil happened first, in fact they left it ambiguous as to which capital is sacked first. It could well be that Teldrassil falls after Undercity.

So when are Gnomes gona use that radiation bomb they carry since wotlk?

they should kiss jainas ass for how much she has done for the horde. what did she get in exchage? bombed city! warchief garrosh, all muscle and no brain.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Blizzcon didn't say Teldrassil happened first, in fact they left it ambiguous as to which capital is sacked first. It could well be that Teldrassil falls after Undercity.
    Doesn't change much. The most powerful race in the Horde got stomped. It'll be glorious watching them continue to receive that boot to the neck.

Deleted
    Oh for fucks sake, not this forum faction animosity again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    So when are Gnomes gona use that radiation bomb they carry since wotlk?
    we are biding our time... then whent he horde least expect it. GNOMEMANIA SUCKERS! :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance