Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Raid release date bad sign

So does the fact that they seem to be pushing the release of the raid back as far as possible a harbinger that they know they need the patch to last as long as possible because they are not optimistic about being able to get BfA out in a timely manner?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    So does the fact that they seem to be pushing the release of the raid back as far as possible a harbinger that they know they need the patch to last as long as possible because they are not optimistic about being able to get BfA out in a timely manner?
    What are you talking about.... Its being released on the date that people have been speculating it would for months now.
    A majority of the player base on these forums had a feeling it would be the end of Nov before blizzard holiday.

No, but yes. It's already an incredibly short tier compared to almost every other tier in history.

I don't think it's a sign of anything, but BFA definitely won't be out until late 2018.

I feel like the fact they forgot to mention it was 3 weeks away at all during their time on stage at Blizzcon is a bigger bad sign.

The Tomb of Sargeras launched on June 20th, and Antorus the Burning Throne is launching a mere five months later. That is on schedule, if not a little early given Blizzard's expected lifespan of a raid tier.

I think thats a good sign, that people are done with Tomb a bit early.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

bad sign?... eh... i... I dont understand the people of "today"... they only look at stuff from the shittiest side possible!?

NO.. it's not a bad sign... jesus, it's a release date! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to finally sort out my alts. This game has given me no time to them with my work schedule xD
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

They want the beta to be out in the early 2018. Since they won't have to do so much class brainstorming, I guess the beta won't last more than 6 months.

I guess the expansion wil be out in at least 9 months from now.

Uh well they're releasing it after Thanksgiving (for the US, cause Blizz is a US based company, sorry Canadians I know yours was last month lol) and a little after Blizzcon, since ya know, Blizz employees have families and stuff too.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I wouldn't have wanted it any earlier. Having a little down time in between raid tiers to just chill, play alts, farm tmog/achievements is nice.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    bad sign?... eh... i... I dont understand the people of "today"... they only look at stuff from the shittiest side possible!?

NO.. it's not a bad sign... jesus, it's a release date! :P
    Doom is easier to market and requires less skill or knowledge of a subject to express.

Releases one week after expected release because of a US holiday "bad sign, they pushed it back as far as they could!" what? if they wanted to "push it back" they would have waited til january.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The Tomb of Sargeras launched on June 20th, and Antorus the Burning Throne is launching a mere five months later. That is on schedule, if not a little early given Blizzard's expected lifespan of a raid tier.
    Agreed, but the bad sign for me is with the release of the new expac in (at least) September 2018 where facing minimum 10 months of Antorus raiding...
    C'était mieux demain !

I guess "1 week later" is "pushing the release of the raid back as far as possible" now.

Yeah...

Blizzard wants raids to last around 6 months. With the release of Antorus on 28th/29th, thats about 5 months, which is less than average. This means (I hope) that they are on schedule for the next expac, and plan to have antorus last for 6-8 months. Im not really fine with only having 1 raid in a timespan of 1 year, but thats another topic.

On the other side, they did evade the question about when we can expect beta...

10+ Year Old Account
    The release date is exactly what most people had speculated it would be all along.

It's not a sign of anything with respect to BfA.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    the difference between the 7th of November and the 28th of November is literally nothing.

Your might have a point if it was the 28th of December, or January. But its not - its literally a few weeks away. That is nothing in WoW time.

Quote Originally Posted by Niight9 View Post
    Agreed, but the bad sign for me is with the release of the new expac in (at least) September 2018 where facing minimum 10 months of Antorus raiding...
    It's too early to say when the next expansion will release, or what might happen between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Niight9 View Post
    Has it been confirmed Antorus is last raid? Wonder if they will drop a filler raid on us.