Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Quite sick and tired of Legion and all its felyness. Not saying Legion is bad or anything, but its boring when its just demon, demon and more demons.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    I have always been more of a unite and fight, carebear kind of guy, but things are so stale at this point with Space Satan that I actually welcome the conflict. Bring it on.

Also, the "For The Horde" and "For the Alliance" shouts in the new cinematic both sounded amazing. That brings it to a total of 2 "For The Alliance" shouts (first one during Varian's death) that did not sound cringy. Perhaps this will become a trend? Still, screw you, pink skins. For the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it, the faction war has always been core to what makes Warcraft...well, War craft.

I could go without all the people who take it too far, though. It's really annoying.

5+ Year Old Account
    If anything, the first iteration of "full blown-out war" in Cataclysm was disappointing at best. I mean, there was a crazy, big ass dragon setting the world on fire (literally), and what did Horde and Alliance do? Bite each other in Ashenvale, Southern Barrens, Gilneas, etc... Stupid af imo.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2017-11-05 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted

Death to the Alliance.
    Only thing that makes me sad is that blizzard kinda confirmed that i will not kill Jaina the crazy B.

These
    Devs couldn't even make the burning legion seem like a credible threat , in fact made the legion seem inept and stupid. I have no faith in the pulling off a total faction war theme expansion.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I'm just disappointed in the entire thing, why do we need to fight for Azeroth anymore when we literally have spaceships and could easily just pack up, avoid needless conflicts and move to a planet not inhabited by the Old Gods or other horrible things. It also serves no purpose ultimately because I doubt they are going to disband either the Horde or Alliance so this entire thing feels wasted and worthless story wise.

The faction conflict is going to feel incredibly meaningless when the next non-filler expansion has us joining hands and fighting together against a bigger threat again. Happened with Illidan, Kil'jaeden, Arthas, Deathwing, Garrosh, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden again, Argus...

"Hey, I know we burned down your tree / destroyed your city, but uh... hey, let's work together to stop the Void/Old Gods/Naga/etc.!"

Not to mention the very nature of an MMO means that there can never really be a satisfying victory or crushing defeat for either faction because of the need to maintain playability for both factions and some level of equality between victories and losses. If the Alliance wins too many battles, the Horde will complain, and vice-versa.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Faction war is the only thing that matters to me in this franchise. I'll never understand people who play this looking for a World of Hugcraft.

Glory to the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not really it was always me least favorite thing about WoW.
    No need to be selfish.

I think of it more as my sacred duty to murder every Tauren Paladin for stinking up my order hall for an entire expansion.

Steak's on the menu in BFA, and I'm the butcher.

Im looking forward to it. Will be interesting to see how they solve the whole thing with "who will win". I mean, in the other xpacs we(Horde & alliance) fought a common enemy, he died and both factions won. WHat about now? Will this war just be a side thing while other villains come forth during the xpac?

5+ Year Old Account
    Stop saying it's pointless conflict. It's what this game was about in the first place. Red VS Blue. Lets GO!

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Anyone else enjoy the faction conflict?
    No because we have no influence over the course of the conflict. And arguing about Blizzards writing is kind of pointless.
    And besides, the Horde always turn out to be the baddies so there is nothing to discuss to begin with.

At one time, it made sense.

Now? No.

In a saner version of the game, the Orcs would return to the unbroken Draenor where there's a whole world waiting for them. The Tauren already get along with the Alliance, for the most part.

At this point, the Trolls would be the only ones actively seeking to war on the Alliance races. The Goblins certainly wouldn't. The Forsaken would likely relocate to Northrend, and the Belfs have the whole of their kingdom to themselves.

With the Forsaken gone, the Gilneans wouldn't have anything to fight over. The Dwarves will war on the Trolls, but the gnomes have little reason to get involved since it's one-on-one. The Humans have little reason to fight, aside from Troll incursions from STV. The Nelfs get along with the Tauren who are the default owners of Kalimdor aside from the Nelfs. The Draenei would either join the other Draenei on Draenor or they'd return to Argus to try and fix whatever could be fixed.

The conflict should, by any reasonable stretch of the imagination, should be over now.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

All it would take is for someone like Greymane to try and kill Sylvanas and Anduin not being willing to turn him over to the Horde despite whatever treaties he may have broken in trying to kill the Horde's Warchief. Just look at world we live in and how quickly things can escalate for seemingly small reasons when a few egos clash or the wrong toes are stepped on.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I know a number of Blood Elf Paladins who'd agree with you on that, and happily not help their 'allies' if you were to attack.
    Hey the good news is that Highmountain Tauren can't be Paladins so the problem at least won't be getting worse in BFA.

Well, if a conflict has a reason, I do like.

For instance, if Genn is playing Anduin to attack the horde, just to get Sylvannas killed in revenge for his Son, that would pleases me. If Sylvannas burned down Teldrassil in response for them to taking down Undercity, I think that is ok for me, or the way the tension between Varyan and Garrosh scaled up, it was the work of the Twilight's Hammer.

But when the Alliance is taking on the Horde because they THINK the Horde has betrayed them, when they had to flee to not be killed, that makes me feel an idiot. Somebody should have said "we used HS before wipe" so the alliance would say "oh ok then".