Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    What the developers have proposed, if done right, should be a WPvP fan's dream come true.
    I think they're going to hate it. Where is the fun in attacking people who are ready, willing and able to fight back in PvP?

More seriously, I think the biggest concern is that new players will most likely keep the PvP tag off...meaning they won't get to do PvP until end game, and then they won't be in the habit, won't have developed the skills and won't have gathered the equipment and inventory they need.

Even if their numbers take a huge dive, there should ALWAYS be enough flagged players to fill a few shards, so this is win-win for basically everyone.
    What do you mean..."IF" their numbers take a huge dive?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    As someone playing Alliance on a PvP server with 90% Horde, this will quite literally save the game for me.
    I don't see how it's relevant in CRZ world, I was playing on very high populated realm with 96% of Alliance and was constantly thrown to shards with nothing but Horde around me.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense-- otherwise everybody on (what used to be) PvE servers would just turn PvP on for the extra rewards and never attack anyone else. And if you wanted to PvP you'd be pretty much out of luck. Think about what happens at the "PvP" WQ areas in Legion. Everybody does the objectives as quickly as possible. I've never seen an opposite faction member there. Never got in a single PvP battle this entire expansion. Which is fine for me because that's what I want, but if I wanted to PvP it would be complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I don't see how it's relevant in CRZ world, I was playing on very high populated realm with 96% of Alliance and was constantly thrown to shards with nothing but Horde around me.
    I still see 5-15 horde players per alliance player depending on the time of day. CRZ on Broken Isles has done nothing to help my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    But you can still do that, you just do the world quests with people who also will pvp if the other faction is there rather than those who rather just leave them alone, seems like a win win situation to me. I am looking forward to it at least, means I can go pvp if I feel like it(or rather, if it's balanced and my class isn't garbage at it due to ramp up time in a world of burst) and go pve if I just want to quest without having to worry about other players attacking me.
    Not really, because usually I just toggle my PvP On - do PvP WQuests - they last about ~5-10 minutes at max - then I'd like to do normal WQuests with other people. I don't really want to go to my main hub, change my PvP toggle off and then come back.

@Gimlix can we not complain about shit we don't even know much about yet? None of us have seen the new sharding in action and so none of us have any reason to believe it will "ruin the world more."

Stop complaining for no reason. It's a good idea conceptually so stop crying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    "The new WPVP system will solve a lot of these issues as sharding technology will place you into shards with others who have opted into WPVP."

Other words, those who wanna pvp and those who not won't be seeing eachother? Or am i seeing this wrong?
    If so we are gonna see even less players then we already do.
    No, in actuality, since they're removing the silly distinctions that fractured the player base, you'll see more people per zone. Why? The pool of players from coalesced realms will be larger. For example, instead of having "x" number of RP-PvE realms and "x" number of RP-PvP realms, there will only be RP realms, and as a result, the entire community will be improved.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    It's amazing how many of you misunderstand OP. If there are 100 people on a server and 50 toggle PvP, your server population is sort of cut in half if each 50 is in their own phase.
    There aren't 100 people on a server, cause it will backfill from Cross-Realms to balance it out, especially on PVP.

It probably means more populated zones overall, on any server, but isn't that intended? a living world?

With the way they designed "rare" spawns in most of Legion it's no problem.

Old rare spawns however might get increased spawnrates (poseidus and sunhide gronn already did)

"You can choose if you want to opt in to PvP or not when you are in town." - What's Next WoW panel. /pvp might be going away in the open world. Town means major city to me, not any inn.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-05 at 09:07 PM.

Oh man this is just funny. Those l folks who just want to pvp their peers are ecstatic. (I'm happy for those people for getting more of what they want) The losers who only want to gank people who pose no challenge to them won't be able to do it any more. (haha!!! /points and laughs at them)

Pretty much, yeah. Many of those "world PvPers" are just gankers. Any solution that doesn't let them grief isn't a solution at all for them.

You guys are very black/white in this subject. It's about seeing less people in the open world now. I don't care if people can toggle it on and off but why can't we all see eachother? Why does 1 side of the playerbase not see the other side. Sorry but this just makes WoW look like a less active game then it already is.
    Because one side of the player base wants to ruin everyone else's fun, regardless of who it is, even if they are on the same side of the playerbase.

We call them assholes.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by flanYfran View Post
    Sharding? I dont need to worry about that thank God. < RP server (:
    You'll see plenty of people from other RP realms.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    I think they're going to hate it. Where is the fun in attacking people who are ready, willing and able to fight back in PvP?
    I guess that's the same feeling of achievement you get when you solo a Vanilla raid. /flex

15+ Year Old Account
    "The new WPVP system will solve a lot of these issues as sharding technology will place you into shards with others who have opted into WPVP."

Other words, those who wanna pvp and those who not won't be seeing eachother? Or am i seeing this wrong?
    All it takes is 1-2 players per server to build an entire zone of PVP opted in players. It's not like you have 300 players per shard, it's closer to less than 100.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

It means that PvP will be less about realms, and if anything more dynamic in who you see and interact with.
    It will mean the old prospect of server reputation etc going away, but it offers option should people actually give a damn about forming new friendships, alliances and new enemies.
    It will give you what you want to to get out of it, and so if it gives you nothing then that is not the fault of anyone but yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flanYfran View Post
    Sharding? I dont need to worry about that thank God. < RP server (:
    and i dont think you will be turning on pvp will you?

- - - Updated - - -

i think you missed the point.

If you are in an area so populated it needs to shard people, it will prefer to shard people into two groups "pve" and "pvp toggled" it will try to keep pvp toggled people togehter, and pve toggled people together.
    not that if you toggle pvp you wont see ANYONE
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

i look at it this way.

If there arent many people in the pvp on shard guess what...we've just learned how many people actually WANT to pvp. And if they find that the pvp shard is deserted..I guess that's just too bad for them.

Zero sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Oh man this is just funny. Those l folks who just want to pvp their peers are ecstatic. (I'm happy for those people for getting more of what they want) The losers who only want to gank people who pose no challenge to them won't be able to do it any more. (haha!!! /points and laughs at them)
    I think the real losers (and the target of the change) were the PvE players who enjoyed the nominally PvP WQs that didn't actually involve any PvP. These players will now be tossed onto shards with players from former PvP servers, and probably see more flagged players overall.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It doesnt even neccesarily mean you will see less players. People who toggle on PvP might just be hauled into the same shard from more different servers than what is the case now.
    I for one welcome this change wholeheartedly, as a player who has been playing on PvP servers forever because the best raiding guilds were there I can say that this is one of the best changes they have ever done.

If the point was that this will ruin what realm integrity that was left then I would agree, but this has already been the case since the release of Legion
    Last edited by Draenox; 2017-11-05 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    It doesnt even neccesarily mean you will see less players. People who toggle on PvP might just be hauled into the same shard from more different servers than what is the case now.
    I for one welcome this change wholeheartedly, as a player who has been playing on PvP servers forever because the best raiding guilds were there I can say that this is one of the best changes they have ever done.
    It may lead to one faction dominating all the shards, though. Perhaps they will have a balancing mechanism so excess from one faction go off to PvP shards with no opposing players.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It may lead to one faction dominating all the shards, though. Perhaps they will have a balancing mechanism so excess from one faction go off to PvP shards with no opposing players.
    That could be an issue yes, but I am sure that is part of their considerations to make the WPvP experience enjoyable, it does seem like the main intent of this change after all.