Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    He simply stated that they were allowed to attack Sylvanas if necessary. Instead of focusing on their original goal -- to get the Titan artifact -- they went out of their way to attack Sylvanas. So no, Anduin isn't responsible for that.
    To be fair though, if they'd not attacked Sylvanas, or tracked her down, they'd never have stopped her enslaving an entire race. But at least that would have got rid of the whole "she cares about free will argument." though the book also kind of does that so far with the whole "How dare they use free will by not being my willing slaves."
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Its just bad writing all around.

It's like the people who meme 'it's WARcraft, not PEACEcraft' all wrote a bunch of shitty fanfiction then had a circle jerk over it

The Allied Races? The ones who are literally just joining the Factions? They're cool with going to war for people they just met to settle grievances they have no stake in? That makes zero sense.

The Nightborne and the High Mountain have had Alliance help. The Dark Iron and the Lightforged have had Horde help.

Why is everyone on Azeroth such an asshole?

Horde Lieutenant: Welcome Nightborne recruit, I need you to stab RandomHuman#0834 in the face.

Nightborne: That human helped cure my people of an addiction that was killing them and freed them from the yolk of demonic oppression.

Horde Lieutenant: But what has she done for you LATELY?
    Exactly this. Most of the Allied Races are a joke and make no sense at all lore wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    They literally said it is unknown who did what first.
    In other words, if you play Alliance the Horde will attack first, and if you play Horde the Alliance will attack first.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you think it's more likely that both factions are being played by something greater?

As people say it's very out of character for the Horde to just burn Teldrassil, just like the Alliance especially with Andruin present would just attack Lordaeron for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Don't you think it's more likely that both factions are being played by something greater?

As people say it's very out of character for the Horde to just burn Teldrassil, just like the Alliance especially with Andruin present would just attack Lordaeron for nothing.
    Have you played WoW before? Horde attacking Teldrassil is completely in character for them. All they do is attack the Alliance, practically any chance they can.

Its just bad writing all around.

It's like the people who meme 'it's WARcraft, not PEACEcraft' all wrote a bunch of shitty fanfiction then had a circle jerk over it

The Allied Races? The ones who are literally just joining the Factions? They're cool with going to war for people they just met to settle grievances they have no stake in? That makes zero sense.

The Nightborne and the High Mountain have had Alliance help. The Dark Iron and the Lightforged have had Horde help.

Why is everyone on Azeroth such an asshole?

Horde Lieutenant: Welcome Nightborne recruit, I need you to stab RandomHuman#0834 in the face.

Nightborne: That human helped cure my people of an addiction that was killing them and freed them from the yolk of demonic oppression.

Horde Lieutenant: But what has she done for you LATELY?
    I largely agree with you but we don't know the context as to why they join yet. I'll withhold judgement until then, personally, but it's not the end of the world if the writing isn't perfect; it never really is, just a means to an end to justify the gameplay typically.

Yea, like I said, I have a feeling Jaina is pulling strings to set off a fight, and Genn, being as angry as he is against the forsaken, will take any fight he can against them. And Jaina may know this. Jaina may have even burnt the tree herself and planted evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I largely agree with you but we don't know the context as to why they join yet. I'll withhold judgement until then, personally, but it's not the end of the world if the writing isn't perfect; it never really is, just a means to an end to justify the gameplay typically.
    I understand and I agree completely but I hate the hypocrisy of using terms like 'immersion' to justify decisions when they can't make the major features or even the basis of an entire expansion believable

I understand and I agree completely but I hate the hypocrisy of using terms like 'immersion' to justify decisions when they can't make the major features or even the basis of an entire expansion believable
    Great point, I agree with that.

If I had to guess, Jaina will instigate by dealing a huge blow to the Horde. Whatever kind of terrorist attack she has been plotting since ragequitting from the Kirin Tor. Then the Horde will burn down Teldrassil in retaliation, and then the Alliance justifies their attack on the Undercity. So really it's Khadgar's fault. What a shitty wizard he is.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Our characters are just grunts in the Horde, nowhere is it stated we have to agree with what our leaders decide.
    I mean back in vanilla or TBC yeah, now we're Highlords and Archmages and such, we go to other planets and kick the ass of demon Lords and even Titans of Death. We're the fantasy Avengers now, not mere grunts who do what Sylvanas tells us to because Vol'jin said muh spirits. In a rational world at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean back in vanilla or TBC yeah, now we're Highlords and Archmages and such, we go to other planets and kick the ass of demon Lords and even Titans of Death. We're the fantasy Avengers now, not mere grunts who do what Sylvanas tells us to because Vol'jin said muh spirits. In a rational world at least.
    "Muh spirits Mon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemion Demento View Post
    So what becomes of Quel'thalas and Azuremyst Isle? And will this reshuffle mean they'll finally be properly folded into the mainland of the continents so that we can traverse between zones without having to deal with a TBC loading screen?
    Silvermoon and the Exodar will get out scot-free. They got the protection of the loading screen and are in the BC map.

Our characters are just grunts in the Horde, nowhere is it stated we have to agree with what our leaders decide.
    We're fucking battlelords, high priests, archmages, etc. (you get the idea) that fought the Legion - and defeated it. You'd think we can advise and step in when our warchief/high king are being senseless morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    We're fucking battlelords, high priests, archmages, etc. (you get the idea) that fought the Legion - and defeated it. You'd think we can advise and step in when our warchief/high king are being senseless morons.
    Thats not how MMOs work im afraid. The suspension of disbelief is... so heavily required here, not just in WoW. Basically if we would handle this all with logic we should all be Warchief by now. I mean... I killed Nefarian... kind of did it again when he was resurrected, Kel'Thuzad, Illidan, Kael, beat Kil'Jaeden back into his world, defeated Yogg-Saron as only the second of the old gods, brought the Lich King down, killed Neltharion after defeating the Old Gods a again - or at least their cult leader so it doesn't count, killed an Ancient Empire, killed an Ancient King, defeated a THIRD old god, ... you catch my drift. Oh yea, the Burning Legion is down too. ...did you see Varian, Sylvanas, Thrall or literally anyone of those guys in even half of those fights? ... Indeed.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

I'm Horde and even I don't think it's out of character for the Horde to attack.
    That has after all been our central role in the Warcraft franchise.

What I don't know is if that is what happened this time. The supposition that Sylvanas...for whatever reason, burnt down Teldrassil prompting Anduin to agree to attack Lordaeron and deal with the Forsaken once and for all seems very plausible and in character with both sides. Whether that is what happened, I don't know. I'd prefer an Alliance bad guy for a change...and if Genn was in charge, I might even suspect it. But he isn't in charge. Anduin is. Anduin isn't going to attack without a good reason...a very good reason.

Either he has been tricked by someone or he is possessed or, especially given the book preview where we see Sylvanas plotting to attack the Alliance yet again - then he is engaged in an Alliance response to a Horde attack and is fully justified. Assuming that is what happened

Wasn't teldrassil a pet project of Fandrall and pretty much happned against Malfurion's wishes and advice while he was asleep? Not sure the druids care that much about, Nordrasill would be a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

We have been commanders and generals for quite some time now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    They literally said it is unknown who did what first.
    Source? Besides that, there is clearly a chronological order here. Sylvanas is present at both events, unless the other one is a dreadlord in disguise there is no way it's happening at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Silvermoon and the Exodar will get out scot-free. They got the protection of the loading screen and are in the BC map.
    I kinda want to see the blood elves being displaced and as a last fuck you blow up the sunwell and the larger part of the northern side of the eastern kingdoms .
    I'm sure there are some fools out there, who will, if poked, start chanting "#theworldistoodamnbig" .

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Reading that the Horde burn down Teldrassil, that seems very, very out of character for the Horde.
    The Broken Front, Southshore, and Theramore say hello...

Don't know the answer, just wait. Our Warchief didn't like to see their own race condemned to disappear, not a big point (or yes?), but it's something .
    Btw, the new council that is ruling Undercity will have some words in that plot too, so I'm really excited to see what will happen and I'm a fun of this war between A&H again, tired of the ([A+H] vs [big bad guy]=85% of wow) formula.