Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Outlaw was great(SnD) until I got the BiS leggo bracers
    Don't use an then. Ring is almost as good and applicable to more situations. I pretty much feel the same way about it being clunky. Only reason I really have considered using them is because you can get way more vers on a 900 ring than on any 955 pair of bracers and having two crit haste rings (with jeweled signet) is rough on the ol versatility

I'm not sure why Blizz just doesn't give Outlaw a flat 5-10% damage buff so it's more in line with Sin or Sub. I'm not even an Outlaw player but it would be cool if that spec just wasn't a plain dps self nerf for those that do main it.

[QUOTE=Jyue88;47738481 And i disagree with Pistol Shot working with Blade Flurry... Ever seen a single Pistol Shot cleave? it sounds as stupid as applying rend with a Thunderclap.. ( but that used to be a thing)[/QUOTE]

It could work like McCree's ult in Overwatch, shoot all targets with in X yard cone. Something along those lines.

Outlaw was a ton of fun early in the expac when Fatebringer CP reduction was insane. With 15-energy RTs I could basically spam MfD-RT with Blade Flurry on AoE and it actually dealt respectable damage. Not as much as WWs and DHs at launch, but quite solid. Then they nerfed that trait into the ground, from 4 > 3 > 2 > 1.

Then Outlaw was actually a lot of fun again circa... early ToV or so. TB reduced Sprint, Cloak, and Evasion CD too, which meant that even if it wasn't the highest DPS spec, it still had a use. I played it on Mythic Odyn for the constant Cloaks every 30 seconds. Sure, it was random, but it averaged out to something pretty good and it was a nice change of pace from the glacially slow Agonizing Poison build that was the other way to play Rogue.

Then it was a lot of fun again right after Loaded Dice was introduced. The spec's RNG was actually VERY toned down with being able to guarantee almost 100% uptime on 2 buffs, and sometimes getting 3 or occasionally even 6. The spec was actually waaaaaay less random than people thought at the time, since TB + CoF + Loaded Dice smoothed out RtB randomness A LOT.

Then they made RtB boring as hell with the 1/2/5 buff rework and I haven't even looked at the class since.

----

As for what the class actually needs - for a start, Grappling Hook baseline. Cannonball Barrage and/or Killing Spree baseline. If you're gonna give us cool pirate-themed abilities ACTUALLY LET US USE THEM. The fact that 2 awesome, unique abilities get passed up for passive 20% Haste is an absolute travesty.

RtB can stay, but maybe rebalance it around 2/3/4 rolls, or something like that. 1/2/3/6 was too random, but 1/2/5 is too boring. You basically never see more than 2 rolls anymore.

A new Mastery. Seriously, Main Gauche is from Cataclysm, completely outdated in the current design.

Stop with the feast-or-famine design for energy. If you don't get procs, you're Saber Slashing for 50 Energy to get 1 CP. That's almost the cost of a Mutilate but gives half the CP. And then you pop AR and have infinite energy.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

yeah but when the good ks was around there was a glyph where you ended in the starting position to avoid stuff like that

What RTB would be better like: each dice has 6 sides every number is a buff, you have 5 dice:
    1 - 5% haste
    2 - 5% crit
    3 - 10% mastery
    4 - finisher reduces cds by 1 second
    5 - 10% extra chance to generate an extra combo point on sabre slash.
    6 - all of the above

Random roll:
    1 - 1 - 4 - 5 - 6 -> just add it up
    > 15% haste , 5% crit, 10% mastery, finishers reduce cds by 2 seconds, 20% extra chance to gen cb point on SS.

Way more consistent, just tune the numbers.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2017-11-02 at 03:07 PM.

Can't make thing "great again" if it wasn't ever great.

Deleted
    @Won7on: Very nice summary of outlaw imo.
    @Raqubor: Interesting idea. I wonder if blizzard ever played around with that idea internally.

I wonder how it would affect the spec if the roll buffs would not be flat bonuses, but instead multiplier.

For example, SiW would not be +25 crit, but base crit *1,7. That would let us scale very nice with stats, maybe too good though. Or Maybe a combination.

10+ Year Old Account
    The core problem I find for all specs for Rogue is Blizzard's absolutely terrible design of talents.

They basically have no ideas so they put anything remotely interesting thematically as talents, which would otherwise be baseline abilities associated with the the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilaw View Post
    Can't make thing "great again" if it wasn't ever great.
    Actually, prior to Emerald Nightmare, outlaw was shaping up to be one of the most op specs for the "tier," having great single target, burst, and cleave. Of course they nerfed it into the ground before the raid even went live and we had to play sin for the next 9 months.

Deleted
    Guys it's confirmed ! With WoW : Battle for Azeroth, the Rogue Outlaw is going to be GREAT AGAIN !

They just can't let that spec as it is now, because look at their effort into the outlaw fantasy !
    So excitedddddddd !

Edit :

Perfect music for this moment :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw
    Last edited by mmoce75d07e829; 2017-11-03 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Guys it's confirmed ! With WoW : Battle for Azeroth, the Rogue Outlaw is going to be GREAT AGAIN !

They just can't let that spec as it is now, because look at their effort into the outlaw fantasy !
    So excitedddddddd !

Edit :

What? what have they done?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    What? what have they done?
    IDK, but http://www.wowhead.com/news=275485/a...lator-now-live looks like RtB will still be a thing... so RIP outlaw 8.0... for if its staying
    Nothing and Everything

Hey,

We all know that : Outlaw is the worst spec of the rogue currently (in fact one of the worst spec of the game).

I played Outlaw from Legion pre-patch to Nighthold, thinking "don't matter if the overall DPS is average, at least i love the gameplay."

The problem is that since ToS has opened, the difference between Subtlety and Outlaw is too big. I mean : even if i'm not a hardcore raider (only 3/9M), i can't say this time "don't matter if the DPS is the lowest in almost all situations..."

Because it's from the outcome/performance of a spec that come the pleasure. And with a very low DPS in outcome, the gameplay don't create challenge of optimisation. Instead it creates frustration.

I hope there will be good change in 7.3.2 for Outlaw because i would like to play it again, without the frustration of performance.

What do you think about that ?

Daille.

(Sorry for bad english)

So you mean "Make Outlaw Combat again"

I would love to see Killing Spree as a baseline Outlaw ability again. I played Combat for years, and using AR + CD reduction mechanics (passives and trinkets) to get more KS felt like the core defining , enjoyable playstyle for me.

I want my “Combat“ Rogue to be about preparation, planning ahead, “charging up“ big killing moves. KS with Deep Insight fulfilled that fanatsy, every attack and move between 2 Killing Sprees felt like building up the next big move, which was really fun. Alhough the Insight mechanic was in need of improvement because hard to control (having it up when there is a dps downtime)

I dont understand why they moved it to be a talent, it was way more iconic as a big CD than just having a temporarily passive, boring energy regeneration buff, just to spam even more like a brainless fury warrior.

Deleted
    Allegedly, the only thing they have admitted/figured out is that Outlaw not have a baseline mobility ability unlike the other rogue specs was bad.. Only took them an entire fucking expansion to figure that out. Blinding powder CD reduction would be nice for PvP but otherwise "demo-wise" it looks like the direction of Outlaw is the same except its less dynamic and slower paced now Cotd is gone.
    Guess we'll have to see what it looks like in the beta (crossing fingers for removing alacrity) but was honestly expecting tier21 being the premise for a new RtB similar to demo locks during tier18 and into legion.

Kinda want to see Outlaw completely undertuned and dull at the release of BfA as its much easier to notice the spec when the entire expansion thematically fits but gameplay doesn't.

On a different note: Has Blizzcon always been about teasers? Bought a virtual ticket for once and granted I understand you don't want to give too much away immediately but even the "details" panel had very little to say... And they need to improve their speakers as well, It was rather uncomfortable to see & listen to the 2nd speaker who looked like he was about to piss himself and pass out.

So excitedddddddd !

Edit :

Yay!

But without legendaries, Loaded Dice now a talent, Curse of Dreadblades gone, etc...Outlaw will have be rebuilt from the ground up.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    But without legendaries, Loaded Dice now a talent, Curse of Dreadblades gone, etc...Outlaw will have be rebuilt from the ground up.
    That's true of every class. So much of the current power and things that would normally be traits or talents are instead built into the artifacts (and to some extent legendaries.) With those gone they're going to have to redesign pretty much everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yay!

I'm sure they have learnt from the current Outlaw experiment and they will make us a beautiful Outlaw spec. The spells in our Heart of Azeroth will be powerful and this is gonna be FUN and less frustrating to play than now.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they have learnt from the current Outlaw experiment and they will make us a beautiful Outlaw spec. The spells in our Heart of Azeroth will be powerful and this is gonna be FUN and less frustrating to play than now.
    We can only dream...