Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    The problem with that is that +1 or +5 items don't really help unless you can get a fuckton of them.

Maybe they should introduce profession boosts. For x amount of gold you can immediately go up to 800.
    The murloc (don't remember the name) drops fish when you use him, he throws out fish. Pick up the fish and use them, you get like 30-40 pts of fishing per murloc. people are selling 1-800 fishing for like 40k on my server even.

I'd be interested in a compromise. Let you level as it is for those with gold to burn or you can do a quest chain similar to Legion, but starting 1, which gets you larger skill ups and involves you going to zones and dungeons. That way you've got an incentive to level up a profession as you level and the items you'll make will actually be useful for you because you'll be making items from the level-relevant zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Are you playing Legion? And what is an average player to you? Average in what? Raid progression? Play time? Arena rating? And even so: what makes you think that you are above "average"? (Obv. you think you could have those elite skill recipes, but other "average" players shouldn't to make you a special snowflake.)

Sorry, but this attitude sounds offending to me and I won't understand how this can still exist in a game full of rng and lfr mode available.
    Talk about a blow up. Jesus.

Apparently, you must have misinterpreted what I wrote. Do you think I meant for profession recipes to be locked behind some kind of Mythic Raid progression? Or some crazy arena/RBG rating? You are crazy.

Right now, profession recipes are backed behind a progression system. Questing and Dungeons. Why even have skill points since they don't even matter anymore?

My post was to say move professions into that system, get rid of skill points, but make it funner all together. Professions are for the average player, ie ANYONE. Everyone has the recipes available to them as long as they put in the effort to complete the mission.

I mean, they did come up with a better system? Skill points are basically irrelevant in legion

plus yeah, catch up recipes make it super easy

Back then, you need to farm worthless outdated material before you can start getting useful material. Nowaday in Legion you can start making relevant items/gather useful material right away.

Plus, if you really want high skill level, level an alt to 60 then use boost, you get your profession boosted to 600 instantly. Fishing gets a boost in this expansion too with all those Queenfish. Cooking isn't hard either, material for leveling are easy to come by, a few thousand gold and you will be 600+ in no time.

First Aid has always been useless since Blizzard implemented so many self healing in all classes, so no comment on that.

yeah, it seems like they need a better catchup system in place to allow you to get there fast

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doner kek View Post
    yeah, it seems like they need a better catchup system in place to allow you to get there fast
    I hope with the 7.3.5 level scaling, they adress this as you will encounter different ore/herb if you don't follow the traditional zone levels.

Like Westfall for example 10-60 scaling or something, you still pick lowbie herbs and copper ores.

Outland/Northrend announced to be 60-80 in any order.

Then you go to Northrend at 60, icecrown maybe even, and want to mine Saronite.

Then at 78 you decide to go to Hellfire peninsula for some reason and mine Fel Iron.

Just an example that zone levels will vary up the level curve, and gathering skills need adjustments.

I know you get ore-fragments and herb-petals but only if your skill is below the intended level, but that's not enough for level-scaling-zones.

Same goes for flying in Northrend by the way, should be lowered to 60 as well.

I'll for sure be awaiting PTR.

Easiest solution would just be remove fragments/petals but they could also use brackets.

Vanilla : 1-300

Northrend/Outland: 300-450 or 1-450

Cata/Pandaria : 450-600 or 1-600

WoD : 600-700 or 1-700

Legion : 1-800

BfA ? : 1-900?
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-05 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Those work for crafting professions. I don't know much about Fishing, but to my knowledge there's no version of those for gathering professions. e.g. when I have 20 skill in mining I'd expect mining something from the current expansion to give +5 or +10 skill (at least until I'm 100 away from max skill) but they still give +1.
    Fine don't play that part of the game if you don't want to, I have 2 demon hunters one is at 800 skin\herb other is at 800 skin\mine it was easy but it is part of the game I spent time to max the skill.

How is that a hard concept to understand, the whole game is about spending time to do something. You may want to raid LOVELY go do that, you may want to PvP like a mother fucking robot.. you do you.

Professions are not required at all by any character so if you don't want to spend the time DON'T.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Professions are way to easy and boring to level these days. Should go back to older crafting/gathering system.

And since professions are now worthless to your character, you dont even need professions. No more sockets, extra haste, stamina etc as professionbonuses.
    Engineering can actually give you an edge in raiding. What you do is get gnomish engineering and then build yourself the gnomish xray specs. These are actually one of the most powerful raiding items in the game. It is a toy that makes everyone naked. So it turns off everyones armor and armor animations. That makes wow run a little bit better in raids which actually boosts your reaction time.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything except fishing is in a decent place right now (discounting the near uselessness of some professions)

Honestly, if they just made casting/reeling-in a button instead of clicking, it would be a billion times better
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Gathering professions can be a pain but in Legion at least it doesn't actually make a difference except for fishing which has a very strong catch up mechanic. Production professions are actually easier than ever with WoD's cheap materials that can be used from skill 1 to get up to legion levels.

I do think they could just remove skill points from gathering professions entirely and scrap that whole concept of getting part of an herb or ore when you're too low skill. At least the "core" gathering professions like mining, herb, etc. but honestly I wouldn't miss them from archaeology or first aid either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.