Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yeah, she was just there as a tourist, enjoying the landscape, when kablooey! the big tree caught in fire! Imagine! What are the chances of this happening?
    Don't have much of an imagination, huh?

Why couldn't she have been invited by her sisters to their reunion there, only for some third faction to ambush them and burn the tree, putting the blame on Sylvanas?

Remember, back before Cata tensions were inflamed between the factions by Twilight cultists ambushing a meeting of druids in Ashenvale dressed as Horde soldier's. I see no reason similar couldn't happen here.

Sylvanas' stance in the art looks more like she just regained consciousness, stood up, saw the tree and is thinking "well, shit."

The point is Blizzard specifically didn't say she did it
    Maybe she did - even most likely she did - but it's by no means confirmed. It could wind up being just about anyone else, and it wouldn't be contradictory to what we currently know.

Deleted
    What would Sylvanas be doing near Teldrassil, if not attacking the Night Elves? I doubt they would welcome her with open arms...

Besides, where do we see her near Teldrassil?
    As I said, it's logical to come to that conclusion and no one in that situation would be reasonably expected to ask questions.
    But if it is a 'false flag' thing, she'd have been lured there for it to work. It's a possible explanation.

The main thing is, the interview does not say 'she did it'. It says, she is standing there, watching.

Is Blizzard %100 honest with everything they say by the way? I remember them saying that Grommash was the final boss of WoD, that didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    When will Anduin lie to us? He still has 3 lies to tell as far as I understand it.
    Boy king could also refer to Wrathion.

Does this prove anything? Obviously the alliance does something 1st to cause the breaking point that leads to the tree burning.

- - - Updated - - -

What if...A group of alliance under corruption of the old gods does something to kill undead reproduction forever.( Like kill her remaining Valkyrie) This would not only leave the undead race effectively doomed to die, but also push her over the edge and attack teldressil for revenge. Makes sense the Horde would want revenge for this atrocity. Also the lack of Malfurion in the new SW district from what Red-Shirt Guy makes me assume he dies.

(What if the culprit is our new Garrosh Greymane? Him and Sylvanis have a big confrontation prior that leads to greymanes actions. Then the
    horde burn their precious tree. Obviously, Anduin and the alliance are never told by Greymane. )
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2017-11-06 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    From the two images we have, we can see one female night elf pieced by many arrows and on the other there's an elf female in blue armour lying down wounded.
    Where are these images? I just see the one that someone linked in here but I can't find the other.

Edit: I found the one with Sylvanis standing in front of Teldrassil and of course there is the one linked in this thread but when was this one https://i.redd.it/l7762gcai5wz.png shown?
    Last edited by Dopplegager; 2017-11-06 at 01:37 AM.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Bullshit propaganda by the Alliance scum, when are you going to realize Jaina is corrupt and Anduin is a old god puppet.
    Join the Banshee Queen and fight for what is right!

Also, if I were the Warchief of the Horde and I just turned Teldrassil, you know what I wouldn't be doing?

Standing, apparently alone, right across the bay admiring my handiwork as the home of a race known for having hippogryphs and druids was in flames. I'd be getting the hell out of there.

It doesn't make much sense for Sylvanas to be there if it's her doing, the more I think about it. She works in the shadows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Also, if I were the Warchief of the Horde and I just turned Teldrassil, you know what I wouldn't be doing?

Standing, apparently alone, right across the bay admiring my handiwork as the home of a race known for having hippogryphs and druids was in flames. I'd be getting the hell out of there.

It doesn't make much sense for Sylvanas to be there if it's her doing, the more I think about it. She works in the shadows.
    If it's the picture that was posted a few pages ago, then Sylvanas is not alone. You see an orc (probably Saurfang) and a human (that looks like Nathanos). Nearby, the body of a Night Elf archer with several arrows in her back. If Sylvanas did burn Teldrassil (if, yeah, right), that means she already cleared Ashenvale and Darkshore, and that there is not much danger for her, since her army is with her. Anyway, the Night Elves would have their hands full, trying to rescue as much survivors as possible and escape the holocaust. You bet she would be admiring her handiwork.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Wut?

First of all Shandris is kind of adopted by Tyrande, she found her long time ago. But really if blizzard decides to kill her off after she has been sitting idle for pretty much since classic, I will skip that expansion and focus on classic. Losing Teldrassil and pretty much every Nelf zone is enough, losing one of my favourit characters for nothing is just stupid beyond any good
    Agreed. Shandris is adopted by Tyrande, thats why I said "Tyrande can't have kids, Shandris is her only shot at having a daughter" because Shandris is basically her adopted daughter.

No more nelf deaths please. :x

the only rational end to this is ethnic cleansing.
    but sadly we wont get that, it makes too much sense for the alliance and it would mean no more wow lol

so there will be some goofy stalemate at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    As I said, it's logical to come to that conclusion and no one in that situation would be reasonably expected to ask questions.
    But if it is a 'false flag' thing, she'd have been lured there for it to work. It's a possible explanation.

The main thing is, the interview does not say 'she did it'. It says, she is standing there, watching.
    I agree with you here. Nowhere in the interview does it say "she started the war by doing this." The words in the interview seem somewhat vague in my opinion. Point being, we still really don't know what causes the war to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Hateboner for genn will never end.

I swear sometimes sylvanas fans will suggest some of the dumbest things just to get their way.

- - - Updated - - -

All orcs and undead should be systematically imprisoned and executed at this point tbh, those are the only horde races that keep screwing shit up beyond belief.

The others would require heavy rehabilitation.
    After watching that awesome trailer, both Sylvanas and Genn as well as Anduin has become 10x stronger in my opinion.

I would want the Zandalari Trolls to take command of the Horde with King Rastakhan as Warchief. The Orcs have their time and so have the Forsaken. Now it's time for the Trolls to shine! Mainly the Zandalari. Nightborne would be the second in command.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phealin View Post
    The problem with the article though is that it's not written by Blizzard it's written based upon what Blizzard actually said and they said it COULD be that the Horde burned the tree first and Alliance finally says that they've had enough but also it could be a response from the Horde when Lordaeron is lost and that we simply would have to find out for ourselves once the expansion is live.
    This. So much this.

Now can you clowns just shut up and wait for further information?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

All orcs and undead should be systematically imprisoned and executed at this point tbh, those are the only horde races that keep screwing shit up beyond belief.

The others would require heavy rehabilitation.
    yep, speaking from a purely objective standpoint. how many lives lost , or territory lost or treasure lost will be enough to put an end to this problem?
    "herp derp reasons reasons" is no excuse really.....you dont sympathize with an infestation, you exterminate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This. So much this.

Now can you clowns just shut up and wait for further information?
    It's a transcript, meaning, basically word from word, of what Blizzard said.

I'm leaning more towards Wraithion burning the place down while Sylv and crew are there on a meeting. We know he's active in this story and we know he wants there to be an open war between the Horde and Alliance so one side finally kills off the other so they can focus on greater threats. What better way to start a war than to make the already upset Alliance think their cities just got roasted by the new Warchief?

10+ Year Old Account
    My take on events is this. Sylvanas goes to attack stormwind, as suggested she will in the preview details of the coming book.

She withdraws, and the alliance come to take undercity from her in response. This leads to the forsaken and their allies to retreat to kalimdor.

Sylvanas's response to her city being taken, is wiping out the night elves home from kalimdor.

Seriously, why would she looks to burning down teldrassil first, when she's stationed in undercity, and looking to attack stormwind?
    #boycottchina

If it's the picture that was posted a few pages ago, then Sylvanas is not alone. You see an orc (probably Saurfang) and a human (that looks like Nathanos). Nearby, the body of a Night Elf archer with several arrows in her back. If Sylvanas did burn Teldrassil (if, yeah, right), that means she already cleared Ashenvale and Darkshore, and that there is not much danger for her, since her army is with her. Anyway, the Night Elves would have their hands full, trying to rescue as much survivors as possible and escape the holocaust. You bet she would be admiring her handiwork.
    I hadn't seen that image before. It supports the idea Sylvanas did it, but still doesn't confirm it.

Using my previous example, she could have arrived at the meeting spot with Nathanos and Saurfang to find dead elves, then gotten ambushed, woken up alone and found Teldrassil on fire.

Her stance in the first image is different from the other. The first looks like calm, collected Sylvanas to me, the on with the tree on fire looks like she's tense and surprised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    My take on events is this. Sylvanas goes to attack stormwind, as suggested she will in the preview details of the coming book.

She withdraws, and the alliance come to take undercity from her in response. This leads to the forsaken and their allies to retreat to kalimdor.

Sylvanas's response to her city being taken, is wiping out the night elves home from kalimdor.

Seriously, why would she looks to burning down teldrassil first, when she's stationed in undercity, and looking to attack stormwind?

I'm not saying you are wrong in all of this, but the whole point of that desolate council thingy is that she is, indeed, not in Undercity and has not been there since she became warchief. She is in Orgrimmar.