Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lordaeron isn't being retaken, it's being invaded and conquered, and it's rightful inhabitants driven out of their home.

In seriousness, I'd always assumed there were plenty of living Lordaeranian refugees living in exile in Stormwind, who probably do feel like they're retaking their home. I still feel like the Forsaken are the Lordaeraneans, and didn't loose their land rights when they became undead. But there's no way the Alliance would see it that way.

Undercity is one of my two favorite capitals, and I'm sad to see it go, but excited for the narrative possibilities. Incidentally, my other favorite capital is Darnassus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Sylvanas is plotting to attack Stormwind in that new novel, I assume she will launch a failed assault, or alliance intel will find out and they head north to take Lordaeron before she can lead the horde army south to attack Stormwind. Either way the first thing we know is that she is planning to attack the alliance. The attack on Lordaeron is probably a response to that, and Teldrassil is probably revenge for the alliance victory in Lordaeron (especially because, as someone already pointed out, that's where the Gilnean citizens currently are, and things are super personal between her and Greymane now). That's what makes the most sense to me given what we know.

Why she wants to attack Stormwind at all is currently a mystery. I could easily see Genn being the one to light the fuse by refusing to leave Sylvanas alone after Gilneas and the Broken Shore, but so far it doesn't seem like that is the case.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I wonder if the zones stay the same until level 120, when the siege happens and then phasing starts and all zones between Stromgarde and Silvermoon turn to warzones and the Undead / Bloodelves will lose their territory but gain a new one on the other continent?!?

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    They'll only be destroyed if you're 110+.

- - - Updated - - -

Just get rid of her character... please... for the love of God!
    Yea which means they are useless zones, the majority of people are already 110 and the real game starts from max level and after, what about all the upcoming expansions they ruined the zones basically

I hope they show this in the in game world somehow and revamped the starting areas to show it too, but i doubt they will though..

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I hope they show this in the in game world somehow and revamped the starting areas to show it too, but i doubt they will though..
    they must, I think. I can't imagine a way around that. If the front moves to another zone, they probably phase the zones from one state to the other. They basically need 2 states for each zone where Warfronts could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    You do realize sylvanas burnt down teldrassil first right?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6454665/
    Not really. You should read more properly:
    Quote from the article: "Some of the imagery that you'll see is the scene is with Sylvanas standing in front Teldrassil on fire."
    Of course it COULD be that Sylvanas is responsible for this, but it doesn't say that she really did it. Someone else could be responsible for this. Someone who is scheming in the background. Or maybe Genn himself? His worgen are in Darnassus, and the burning finally gives him the opportunitiy to convince Anduin to march on Undercitiy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Yea which means they are useless zones, the majority of people are already 110 and the real game starts from max level and after, what about all the upcoming expansions they ruined the zones basically
    I don't know when was the last time that either zone was used, other than undercity's halloween event to be honest and most likely we'll be able to go back in time for people to AFK anyway. The world changin in an MMO should only be regarded negatively in very extreme cases, stagnation is the worst we can get. My greatest "worry" is where the heirloom vendor for the horde will be now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    the Undercity itself has always been too cartoony for me to take it seriously
    WoW itself has always been too cartoony for me to take it seriously.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    One of the few things we know for sure about B4A is that the Horde burns Darnassus down, and the Alliance razes Undercity down in retaliation. What are your thoughts about losing those cities? In my case, I don't know about Darnassus, but UC was always fairly populated by low level players, due to its strategic placing. Still, it always struck me as a big Halloween pumpkin instead of the dark, terrific place it was always supposed to be, so I won't regret losing it. What do you think?
    Isn't that the exact thing we don't know? Didn't they ask the audience if they thought the alliance attacked first, or if the horde attacked first? I thought they left it as a cliff hanger.

Well I hope Blizzard will take this chance to do another revamp the expansion following B4A. Like: Night Elves settles in Lordaeron and heals the land from the scars (think of the WC3 ending). Or at least help to heal since NE maybe settles down in Gilneas?. Dunno...

My understanding is the Alliance razes Undercity in retaliation for Teldrassil, and the Horde burns Teldrassil in retaliation for Undercity. How could both be true? N'zoth only knows.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that it will remain phased and functional for lower levels. The cataclysm revamp of Tirisfal Glades was well polished and well-received so I don't think they will remove it since they have the tech in place to have the cake and eat it.

The Alliance will cause millions of gold worth of.... improvements!!

Talk about a Pyrrhic victory!

While the Alliance has won a bunch of slime, plague filled boulders the Horde has taken Mount Hyjal and the world tree!!

God the Alliance is fucking dumb and this victory is just symbolic and i hope all the causalities was worth it cause it has gained nothing!! except a bunch of rubble, a plagued land and lost pride!!

I'm more interested to see if alliance re build lordaeron again and make it a hub in future.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    I'm more interested to see if alliance re build lordaeron again and make it a hub in future.
    Something tells me they wont something tells me things will go back to the status quo when the xpac is done!

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    Something tells me they wont something tells me things will go back to the status quo when the xpac is done!
    That would be worst xpac plot. Even blizzard cant be that clueless. I can see UC being in ruins for a while but undead taking it back after all the trouble both side went through kinda seems pointless.

I actually hope undead make their own captial from scratch somewhere...something not underground but an actual castle .

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    I actually hope undead make their own captial from scratch somewhere...something not underground but an actual castle .
    You really think blizz will want to remake the undead starting zone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    One of the few things we know for sure about B4A is that the Horde burns Darnassus down, and the Alliance razes Undercity down in retaliation. What are your thoughts about losing those cities? In my case, I don't know about Darnassus, but UC was always fairly populated by low level players, due to its strategic placing. Still, it always struck me as a big Halloween pumpkin instead of the dark, terrific place it was always supposed to be, so I won't regret losing it. What do you think?
    As a Nelf player I'm kinda sad about losing Darnassus, but honestly for the story and expansion to feel important, it was needed to lose a big city and not some random crap down in STV. The majority of the Alliance seems to be made up of Humans now, so it makes sense to take out Darnassus since it's cut off from the rest of the races. Also, new stuff is refreshing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    You really think blizz will want to remake the undead starting zone?
    They already stated you will level as a Nelf in Teldrassil, but once you get to 110ish the tree will burn down, so no they wont change starting zones for now.

I prefer Undercity to Org by a lot. Better layout, more history, less Orcs, AH closer to mailbox and you can stay mounted. I will forgive destroying it if they upgrade Silvermoon for flying.