View Poll Results: Will you Install the Authenticatoir Just ot Increase Your Bag Size?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

176 77.19%
  • No

52 22.81%
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If you're really that tight and don't have a smartphone, budget an extra $5 into saving for the cost of BfA, and you're good. You have like 12 months to save up.
    Many people here have their mobile subscription paid for by the company they work for. And WoW things showing up there isn't something all are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's weird, because it says that your key expires in a week.

What if you don't need to increase the security of your account because you are not exposing it? It's extra work for no benefit. Now it's extra work for benefit, so blizzard made a good call here, a lot of people will download authenticator and start using it. They realize that free shitty pet is not enough and did a great job at making players want to have an authenticator
    Maybe that's how the phone app works- I've had a physical one since like WotLK and have never bothered to change it. I only have to use it when I switch devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Admittedly, not having a smartphone or being able to pay shipping only on the cost of a physical authenticatior is probably a non-issue for 99% of the people who pay to have internet, pay to have a monthly subscription, or pay to purchase a new Warcraft expansion. If you're really that tight and don't have a smartphone, budget an extra $5 into saving for the cost of BfA, and you're good. You have like 12 months to save up.
    Cost me over $50 to buy my physical Authenticator way back and it was a struggle at the time. I took a few months off I think to pay for it.

I'm better off now financially. So I have a smart phone + the software one.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Tough luck, can't blame Blizzard for your paranoia.
    to be fair, its not paranoia not to have personal stuff on your work provided device. some places can even fire you for using work equipment inappropriately. installing personal gaming apps does qualify as inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Many people here have their mobile subscription paid for by the company they work for. And WoW things showing up there isn't something all are comfortable with.
    Which is solved by my suggestion to budget an extra $5 into the cost of BfA to purchase the free physical one that only costs shipping and handling, yes? That one doens't interact with your phone in any way.

No, not interested.

I am sure at some point they will open it up for all accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You reboot your router that often? And anyway even if you reboot your router, the Authenticator still remembers your device.
    No, but i do reboot my computer regularly and its ip changes every time. Also i often log in from different devices and it used to require to use the key each and every time, after news about bag space i just installed, synced and exported winauth to all my pcs and i will need to enter the key just 4 times every week or so (i hope that it doesn't forget previous device IP, because if it still does - shit)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Tough luck, can't blame Blizzard for your paranoia.
    What paranoia is that? Nothing I said is 'conjecture' or 'paranoia'.

Deleted
    You guys really whine about anything don't you? It's damn FREE security?! You don't have to use it everytime you log, i don't even remember when i had to type in the numbers.

*HURRDURR*

What if you have a physical authenticator?

Even when the authenticator does ask you to confirm a longin - for me that's typically 1 or 2 a year - it's just a pop up notice on your phone saying "Do you approve this?" Tap the approve button and go one with your game, takes 2 seconds.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I can't even find an authenticator for EU on the Blizzard store (no, I'm not going to install WoW stuff on my work provided phone account)
    You have to order from the US site or download the app. Perhaps its time to get your own phone instead of relying on a work one? If you are that paranoid to install a WoW app on a work provided phone, but more than likely use it for personal use at some point then that's a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I haven't opened my authenticator for the past 2 months. You don't have to use it to log in every time, just when you swap computer/IP address, or every few months to make sure you're still you.

No, I think this is fine. It's free for a phone, or like $6 for the little key-chain device. 0 fucks here, thanks for the free extra bag space.
    The emulated version for Windows is also free.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the SC2 authenticator when it came out. It looked interesting and I got it along with my WoW Coffee Mugs.

So yay, free bag slot increase.

Also, that little dongle I got has greatly increased security of my account.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    You only have to authenticate once a month if you toggle the option and it's MUCH easier than it was in the past. If you need to authenticate you just log in normally, your authenticator is automatically notified and you just swipe on the app to accept the authentication. So yeah, maybe educate yourself and while you're at it secure your account like the rest of us "geniuses".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    What if you have a physical authenticator?
    I have physical one, and it's the same. No need to type it everytime to log. Only if you log on different computer. Or log to bnet from website. And if the price of the physical is an issue for ppl.. Well.. Don't know what to say..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Perhaps its time to get your own phone instead of relying on a work one?
    Yeah - because carrying around two phones is so awesome
    Having said that - I'd have no issues installing light weight things like the authenticator on a work phone.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

i wanted a physical one after my phone got haxxed, but they seem to have vanished from teh EU.

i have had a authenticator for years i instantly bough the key fob when it was first announced i now use it on my phone.
    it was a little bit annoying having to enter the code each time you login since my ip address is dynamic and changes every time i reboot.

But ever since the battle.net launcher became i thing i haven't had to enter my authentication code in ages.
    Basically just once on first install and then it remembers the pc you signed in from and wont ask you again unless you login from a new location or pc.

Im still surprised people don't use a authenticator even with the mild inconvenience of having to put in a 8 digit code or press the approve button in the app.
    with the trade off being that its nearly impossible for anyone to gain unauthorized accesses to your account.
    Like how freaking lazy can you get considering how much time and money most of us have invested in there blizzard accounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    No not really. I play from two different locations, and everytime I login I had to refresh the code. It was highly annoying, and so I disabled it a few years ago. Casually asking around in our guild it seems nobody is using it.

But it clearly shows that account theft and the effort for Blizzard fixing those is still a big thing.
    Bought the physical token back when it first released in 2009(?), switched to the app when it was released.

I log in at work and home semi-regularly and barely ever need my authenticator (I haven't even enabled auto login at work).

I don't understand how anyone could complain about the FREE SERVICE Blizzard provides to protect their accounts... probably the same who complain it takes Blizzard too long to fix things if they get hacked. :|
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED