View Poll Results: Will you Install the Authenticatoir Just ot Increase Your Bag Size?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

176 77.19%
  • No

52 22.81%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think it's necessary, I mean do WoW accounts even get "hacked" any more?

I mean I have the app, and I very rarely have to use it to login, it's not really intrusive, but if I didn't have the app I wouldn't get the app for a little extra bag space. I mean my bags are pretty much empty these days. Some consumables and a couple gear pieces for specific situations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    If you have money therefor you have a smartphone... you will get it for sure.
    BUT 90% of East-European players cannot even afford a smartphone so rip bonus bag space for us.
    Hmm, it feels like targeted discrimination, gg Blizzard.
    this is as pointed out bullshit. you got a pc hence you can install an android emu for windows (http://techapple.net/2014/12/top-7-f...indows-78-110/) and then install the authenticator app.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    So what are its setting options? Can you set it to not ask anything at all?
    MY time is too precious to fuck around with that shit unlike some people here.
    Hahaha ffs REALLY? Lol

yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    awwww you don't get how it works, adorable. you use it to log into blizzard app, then you hit play and it launches the game, then if you restart or something when you launch the app it logs you in automatically. the last time i entered the code to log in to the app was maybe 3 months ago because i accidentally logged out.

anyways, dope sarcastic comment, uhhh you're an idiot, and yea, the guy you were trying(and failing) to talk shit to actually is smarter than you since he probably never uses the app yet it keeps his account secure... sooo uhhh, did i mention you're an idiot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Zero dollars is too expensive? Winauth, you don't need a phone or tablet.
    ha that makes it even EASIER https://winauth.github.io/winauth/index.html
    no need for an android emu anymore, so everyone who complains is just silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Ofc we use our phones for personal stuff. It isn't against the 'rules'. However, some activities are 'controversial' in some circles, and gaming is one of them. I already hate carrying around one phone. Don't want to have to add a second one. I'm fine with a physical authenticator if it only means reconfirming when you have a new 'device' added.
    Two-factor authentication is not controversial in any professional circles. C'mon now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    A free app for what ? Do you get to download a smart phone with it ?

I'm not saying you shouldn't get the authentictor - but it isn't free for everyone.
    Text authentication is still free, I can assume as you're on the internet you have some form of mobile telephone device?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly surprised that they still need to offer incentive to use an authenticator. If you don't already use it, you're an idiot.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    What the hell are you talking about? I have the old school physical authenticator and I almost never have to look at it unless I'm logging in from another computer or network because it remembers my computer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    they are not getting shipped everywhere tho, i really wanted to get one, but blizzard don't want to deal with russian fucked up customs
    Download the app for free from anywhere, then use it with an emulator = profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That's not true at all. At least until dual stack is discontinued and IPv6 is the norm. I have cable dsl, my IP changes AT LEAST once a day, more often if i manually restart the router. A friend of mine has a static IP, and he pays three times as much for his connection. Static IP is the exception, not the rule. IPv4 are VERY limited and are assigned dynamically, otherwise the Internet would have been "full" years ago.
    I had xDSL for 15 years, and the IP changed 6 times, including 3 physical address changes.
    Now I have cable for 22 months and it haven't a single time.

There are not a single ISP in Denmark that have dynamic IP..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Didn't vote, got one for years. A Smartphone is a very convenient tool for everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm not saying you shouldn't get the authentictor - but it isn't free for everyone.
    Oh really silly?

WinAuth is a free portable, open-source Authenticator for Windows that provides counter or time-based RFC 6238 authenticators and common implementations, such as the Google Authenticator. WinAuth can be used with many Bitcoin trading websites as well as games, supporting Battle.net (World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo), Guild Wars 2, Glyph (Rift and ArcheAge), WildStar, RuneScape, SWTOR and Steam.
    https://winauth.github.io/winauth/index.html

its 100% free. so you got any more excuses?

Deleted
    So what are its setting options? Can you set it to not ask anything at all?
    MY time is too precious to fuck around with that shit unlike some people here.
    Heh omg irony overload. If your time is so fucking precious, why do you waste it playing WoW? lol

It gives you a push notice on your phone. You click the "Yes" button. That's it.
    It only asks you once.
    It never asks you again unless your IP-geolocation changes, which is.. never if you play from home.

Deleted
    You clearly have no idea how the Mobile authenticator works then.

First time you use it, hit button to accept the log in. Then after that it only ever asks for Authentication if there is a change to the way you connect. I maybe have to use the authenticator 4 times a year, if that.

Maybe you should grow a brain and understand there it a legitimate reason to want to encourage as many people as possible to have the authenticator on the account, and maybe, just maybe, stop looking for reasons to whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ha that makes it even EASIER https://winauth.github.io/winauth/index.html
    no need for an android emu anymore, so everyone who complains is just silly.
    Well, to be fair, you do need an emulator to bind an authenticator to your account and to get the recovery codes to plug in into the WinAuth.

this poll needs an option for "i already have an authenticator because i dont want my account getting hacked"

it helps more that you use 1 email only for wow games and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I had xDSL for 15 years, and the IP changed 6 times, including 3 physical address changes.
    Now I have cable for 22 months and it haven't a single time.

There are not a single ISP in Denmark that have dynamic IP..
    Good for you i guess? Your anecdotal experience has no bearing on the matter, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Good for you i guess? Your anecdotal experience has no bearing on the matter, though.
    Neither does your..

Demand your ISP conform to standard, or switch to someone who does..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/