View Poll Results: Will you Install the Authenticatoir Just ot Increase Your Bag Size?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

176 77.19%
  • No

52 22.81%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Not sure where you get that from. You can disable that the authenticator will challenge every login from the same device in your account management. It'll still challenge new devices but this will make it so you don't have to do exactly what you are describing.

I've had the authenticator app from day 1 and I can't remember ever thinking "this is a nuisance". I can count the amount of times I actually had to physically enter the code on one hand. The app has push notifications where you simply tap "Approve" and you're done. It literally takes less than 2 seconds. No "constantly looking at your damn phone" involved.
    If you switch mobile phones, do you need to switch authenticator prior to that in some form?

i want to dl the authenticator but im affraid what happens if i break my phone, is there a way to remove it ?

Honestly I never used one, I got hacked once in TBC but since then I haven't had any issues. I probably should just get the free app, question though.. Is the account linked to the specific device I get the app on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Who doesn't already have an authenticator?

I'm seriously asking those without one - why they don't have one? Do you also not get vaccines? Exact same principle.
    you dont need a fucking phone for that ?

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    If I don't reply to you, one of the reasons below automatically applies:
    A) You are right, and what you said is accurate
    B) you are wrong, and not worth replying to (possibly even an idiot)
    To determine which category you fall into, look at whether I agree with you generally.
    If Yes --> Category A
    If No --> Category B

CORRECTION: YOU DEFINITELY ARE MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT IDIOTS XD
    Wow.. Someone definitely confused sugar with sodium this morning.

the poll needs an aditional entry for those who alrdy have an authentiactor like me

10+ Year Old Account
    if you value your account just a little bit you should already have it, not to mention its a free phone app
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I've been meaning to get it, just not got around to doing it yet with my On/Off playing at the moment. Steam authenticator though is the worst with every login.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeme View Post
    i want to dl the authenticator but im affraid what happens if i break my phone, is there a way to remove it ?
    when you first install authentiacor you get 2 codes that are used for restoring/instaling it on another device, i am using an authenticator on 2 different devices atm (phone and tablet) and they are perfectly in sync

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Good for you i guess? Your anecdotal experience has no bearing on the matter, though.
    Authenticator doesn't prompt you for /24 address changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    you dont need a ... phone for that ?
    No, you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    That's not True though. I only ever need to type in the code every once in a while, unless I open the game from Battle.net App which doesn't require a code to log in once you've done it once already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeme View Post
    You have backup codes you can use to unregister the autheticator if you lose your phone.

Hmm.. there is only one solution:

Step 1: Make the bag space increase free

Step 2 (Optional): go fuck the authenticator

Step 3: Profit!!!

Deleted
    So what are its setting options? Can you set it to not ask anything at all?
    MY time is too precious to fuck around with that shit unlike some people here.
    This is funny. You don't have time to typ in a code or swipe on an app for a few seconds every few weeks, but you have PLENTY of time to rant about it. How precious can it be?

Deleted

But that's not the solution Blizzard implemented, so fuck off with your pointless spam and rage. You're wasting my precious time.

I've had the physical authenticator since it came.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't sure initially how to respond to this poll. I won't install the authenticator to increase bag size because I've had an authenticator on my account since around the time they became available. I ended up voting yes, because 1) I already have an authenticator on my account, and 2) because I support this decision by Blizzard.

This is a smart tactic by Blizzard. Everyone should have an authenticator anyway to deter account theft. And anything Blizzard does to encourage more players to enable secondary authentication can only decrease the account recovery burden for their customer service staff, improving the quality of customer service, and preserving the sanity of their GMs.

I could sympathize with the OP's rant if he/she didn't have a smart phone and couldn't afford a physical authenticator, and Blizzard was simply mandating the use of authenticators rather than incentivizing it.

Well, this thread is going to result in a ban. Have a nice day!

is it rly such an issue for you to install 1 phone app that helps you protect your account??