Deleted

Vanilla servers raise some serious questions

From what I've gathered we know very little of them, but I'd like to know if any of these were answered somewhere:

What version of Vanilla are we talking about here?

Will talent trees be the same as they were at launch? Will balance druids have oomkin form or is the ultimate talent going to be hurricane?

Will there be diminishing returns or are warlocks able to fear you untill the very end of days? Will all the class changes come in waves like they did in vanilla or what?

Will the honor system be in place? Is it going to be like it was for the most part of the xpack (as in the worst and unhealthy system imaginable) or will it be like it was during the tbc prepatch? Will you have to walk to the battleground entrances to queue or will there be battlemasters? Maybe there is no honor system or battlegrounds?

Will all the raids be available straight away or will there be tiers? If they are all available straight off the bat, then there's really no use going for MC or or tiers like that. All the encounters are too familiar and simple to modern players.

15+ Year Old Account
    At best guess it will be 1.12.2 with some minor additional server-breaking bug fixes.

That provides the most balanced and content-rich experience which can legitimately be labelled "Classic".

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Will all the raids be available straight away or will there be tiers? If they are all available straight off the bat, then there's really no use going for MC or or tiers like that. All the encounters are too familiar and simple to modern players.
    This is simply untrue. Even if Naxx 40 was open on day one, you'd still have to gear up through all the other tiers to get even a fighting chance at killing anything.
    This natural gear progression was one of the best, and worse, parts of vanilla:
    - the best because content was never obsolete, there were still "MC Guilds" forming when Naxx 40 came out.
    - the worst because catching up if you were behind the curve with no one to boost you was extremely painful.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2017-11-06 at 12:45 PM.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Naxx will require gear, but we aready learned from fresh servers that opened up later that Mc, Bwl, Ony and Zg are perfectly skippable.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Naxx will require gear, but we aready learned from fresh servers that opened up later that Mc, Bwl, Ony and Zg are perfectly skippable.
    Errr really? i don't recall too many people rolling into AQ or Naxx with T0 gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping that they run with 1.12.1, but open things up incrementally on a schedule that mimics the original. That includes all dungeons as well as raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    I'm hoping that they run with 1.12.1, but open things up incrementally on a schedule that mimics the original. That includes all dungeons as well as raids.
    Apart from Dire Maul. they might as well make that available on release, and that was the only 'later' dungeon in classic wasn' it. (ZG/AQ20 don't count)

Edit: Maradoun too it seems, it was a long time ago.....
    Last edited by Solitare-sp; 2017-11-06 at 01:27 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Most likely just 1.12 with some essential bugfixes and battle.net integration.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Apart from Dire Maul. they might as well make that available on release, and that was the only 'later' dungeon in classic wasn' it. (ZG/AQ20 don't count)

Edit: Maradoun too it seems, it was a long time ago.....
    Yes. Mara and Dire Maul.
    I think that releasing them on the same schedule as they were originally is the way to go. It gives people something to look forward to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Errr really? i don't recall too many people rolling into AQ or Naxx with T0 gear.
    Yes. To be fair though, it was in 2006 and I think already had buffed dungeon gear slightly by then.