Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    He will be there regarding the "Learn Vol'jin's story" part of the Blizzcon.

I hope that's all. A storyteller, this twoll wus my fren blablabla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Obviously about Silithus/Azeroth wound, about healing the world thing. Horde vs Alliance matters has not been his priority since Cata.
    Well nobody likes neutral Thrall tho.

I rather have Horde Thrall killing some Alliance.
    What i dont need is pussy Thrall telling for two years that war is bad and we need to stop fighting.
    If blizzard is going with the neutral Thrall then i hope he dies early in the exp pack.

This image featuring him, Sylvanas, Anduin and Jaina makes me wonder if he'll get another model revamp. The rest of the cast are using their latest models (including Vol'jin xD), but Thrall's is the one he got in Cataclysm even though it changed for WoD. Smells like a placeholder.

Dare I hope he's turned into a hardliner as well... Anduin and Jaina, Alliance's two primary hippies from yesteryear, did exactly that.

What's the deal with Vol'jin's urn in that picture anyway? Did they say anything about it in the stream?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    This image featuring him, Sylvanas, Anduin and Jaina makes me wonder if he'll get another model revamp. The rest of the cast are using their latest models (including Vol'jin xD), but Thrall's is the one he got in Cataclysm even though it changed for WoD. Smells like a placeholder.

Dare I hope he's turned into a hardliner as well... Anduin and Jaina, Alliance's two primary hippies from yesteryear, did exactly that.

What's the deal with Vol'jin's urn in that picture anyway? Did they say anything about it in the stream?
    I would love if new thrall was wearing potato sack of repentance to show his inner crisis and journey to find himself again.

As for vol'jin, urn is a great way to prevent him from being scattered by wind, while they bring him to zandalar. Maybe they will throw him into loawell and turn him into jin'thuzad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would love if new thrall was wearing potato sack of repentance to show his inner crisis and journey to find himself again.

As for vol'jin, urn is a great way to prevent him from being scattered by wind, while they bring him to zandalar. Maybe they will throw him into loawell and turn him into jin'thuzad.
    Then we will have to protect Jin'thuzad as he takes half an hour summoning Loarchimonde
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

A corpse in the ground if I had anything to do with it, So sick of him, Yes he is Iconic, Yes he "IS" the Horde, but after Cata, I can do without him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    A corpse in the ground if I had anything to do with it, So sick of him, Yes he is Iconic, Yes he "IS" the Horde, but after Cata, I can do without him.
    I admit I didn't really hate him but if he had to die, he should've died on the Broken Shore.
    I REALLY started hating him in Legion.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think that he might actually be fully revived as opposed to coming back as a Loa. It would be the best way I can't think of for blizzard to change horde leadership yet again without killing Sylvanas, while potentially justifying an end to the conflict AND giving Vol'jin some freaking chance to prove himself as warchief.

He will deal the final blow to N'zoth

I bet Metzen comes back on BFA launch - he is THE man who can incite the most conflict and a great story-teller. Even though he retired, I dont understand why not use him for promotional materials, like opening Blizzcon, announcements, etc. Yes, he is not directly involved in the projects, but he bleeds Wacraft!

Am I the only one who thinks the Thrall hate is a little ridiculous at this point? He featured as a major player in ONE expansion. Sure he assisted Vol'jin, accompanied Khadgar to Draenor and fought on the Broken Shore but he hasn't played much of a major role, especially compared to characters like Khadgar, Anduin, even Genn.

I don't care for the Go'el Thrall, but if he does come back and manages to play a big role in this expansion, I honestly might go Horde this expansion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully he takes the role of Tirion and dies in the opening scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the Thrall hate is a little ridiculous at this point? He featured as a major player in ONE expansion. Sure he assisted Vol'jin, accompanied Khadgar to Draenor and fought on the Broken Shore but he hasn't played much of a major role, especially compared to characters like Khadgar, Anduin, even Genn.

I don't care for the Go'el Thrall, but if he does come back and manages to play a big role in this expansion, I honestly might go Horde this expansion.
    Honestly no because he's been awful for quite some time. In Pandaria he had a throbbing rageboner for Garrosh, which was a problem that he himself had created. So his poor decision making goes back even further than that. Hey I know, lets take this Orc with a chip on his shoulder from a much harsher world than our own, fill him with grand ideas about his father, and then make him warchief. That ended about as well as you'd have expected.

He was a total coward in SoO. Challenged Garrosh, got slapped around, ran away while we did our thing, and then sneaked back in to try to steal the killing blow. Then in Warlords he got absolutely trucked by an injured Garrosh until he abused the elements and killed him, causing the elements to abandon him.

Why would anyone want him back again??
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2017-11-06 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I REALLY started hating him in Legion.
    Cause he gave you his hammer and peace’d out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Obviously about Silithus/Azeroth wound, about healing the world thing. Horde vs Alliance matters has not been his priority since Cata.
    Things changed quite a bit from MoP on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Honestly no because he's been awful for quite some time. In Pandaria he had a throbbing rageboner for Garrosh, which was a problem that he himself had created. So his poor decision making goes back even further than that.
    Are you saying he's a bad character.for trying to fix his mistake?

Hey I know, lets take this Orc with a chip on his shoulder from a much harsher world than our own, fill him with grand ideas about his father, and then make him warchief. That ended about as well as you'd have expected.
    Thrall wanted a leader the orcs could rally behind and a Warchief that could handle the effects of the Cataclysm on Durotar. Again, Thrall fucked up, but he ultimately spent two expansions attempting to unfuck the problem that he created.

He was a total coward in SoO. Challenged Garrosh, got slapped around, ran away while we did our thing, and then sneaked back in to try to steal the killing blow. Then in Warlords he got absolutely trucked by an injured Garrosh until he abused the elements and killed him, causing the elements to abandon him.
    The elements abandoning him was a pretty dumb subplot tbh. Thrall used the elements against Garrosh before during their mok’gora pre-Wrath with no effects. The fact that the elements on Draenor somehow carried over to Azeroth didn't make much sense either. Just seemed like a contrived way for doomhammer to make it into the hands of the shaman player.

Why would anyone want him back again??
    Aside from Vol’jin who practically did nothing, he is literally the only Warchief (from Blackhand to Sylvanas) to keep the Horde relatively stable.

Not to mention the fact that he not only liberated his entire race from internment camps, but carried them across the sea and founded a new state. He is responsible for saving the Darkspears, for fighting off the centaur and helping the tauren bounce back from the brink of extinction and travel to Mulgore.

It might sense for Go'el to ally with Brann Bronzebeard in an attempt to help heal Azeroth. It would be safe to assume the elements will be in a tizzy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    He'll stay in that awkward state of you know he's being held back by the writers because of all that backlash they got for him being... him.(Him being, the Orc who works with the alliance and saves the day)

He was sidelined for most of MoP, people bitch about where he is, he comes back. People bitch he's back and doesn't want him taking our kill! He goes to Draenor and is doing his thang, but then kills Garrosh and people bitch, so he oddly disappears for the rest of the expansion. He comes back in Legion, loses his hammer cause he's not worthy(Thor) and does nothing the whole expansion, but Alliance heroes do...

Basically Thrall is, or was the main Horde Hero. But Blizzard made the mistake of putting him in stuff that both the Horde and Alliance get to do, so naturally the Alliance bitches and he gets removed. This is because the Alliance feels like any Horde character in the spotlight is horde content, while any alliance character in the spotlight is just neutral and fair. So we'll be following humans around a lot for the rest of this game's life.

Maybe as long as the Alliance doesn't get to see Thrall, he can go back to being the badass hero of 50% of the playerbase who don't whine and complain.
    I think for many it went too far when...

Thrall was the focal point of holding the world together.
    Thrall was the focal point of the trailer for the raid that focused on Malfurion (after Malfurion's long promised "big deal" return was in a book and he did nothing in-game til said patch)
    Thrall was chosen as Ysera's representative.
    Thrall single handedly rescued Nozdormu from being trapped in time.
    Thrall single handedly pulled Alexstrasza from depression.
    Thrall helped choose Kalec as the new leader of the Dragonflight.
    Thrall's engagement to his mate completely overshadowed and caused everyone to just simply forget the entire reason they all gathered at Hyjal.

Thrall basically became the center piece to every conflict that needed to be resolved. He kind of wore thin on a lot of players due to that reason. Heck, he wore thin on a lot of Horde players by that point.

My disappointment was how much they sidelined Malfurion, who is "the night elf who would work with the Horde to save the day" counterbalance to exactly what Thrall does. I mean, seriously, how Blizzard didn't have Thrall and Malfurion as the duo in Cataclysm pulling everything together with Thrall calling on elements & guiding the Earthen Ring and Malfurion calling on nature & guiding the Cenarion Circle (both neutral factions) is beyond me. They're basically two sides of the same coin, both would take a neutral stance for greater good, both would urge their faction to look at the bigger picture. Malfurion has just been.....utterly butchered since they brought him back.

Honestly, I would have loved seeing Malfurion and Thrall becoming allies and working together outside of faction politics.

Thrall needs to die. Raid boss for alliance where his head can be severed from his shoulders and forcefully shoved up his holier than thou rectum.

Deleted
    I want fury thrall from the Elemental Bonds Quest

Thrall says: KING VARIAN... YOU WISH TO MAKE WAR UPON MY PEOPLE? YOU SHALL HAVE YOUR WAR, HUMAN!
    Thrall says: YOU WILL SEE THE FURY OF THE HORDE RAGE THROUGH YOUR CITIES! YOU WILL SEE YOUR THRONE SPLIT IN TWO! THIS I SWEAR!!!

Burying the lich bitch.