Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Ermm, flagship alliance class, based on the church of holy light, that embodies military core of the faction, driven by the strict rules and code of honour, given to a tribal race of nomads that previously had no connection to the church, light or paladin virtues, suddenly gets access to the class with a scarce explanation of "we kinda worship the sun, and it's similar to the Light, so we can be paladins too" is what I call pulled out of ass lore.
    Wrong kind of paladin. WarCraft Paladins are first and foremost warriors that learned to utilise the Light, or priests that learned how to wield arms, none of that rules and honour crap.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wrong kind of paladin. WarCraft Paladins are first and foremost warriors that learned to utilise the Light, or priests that learned how to wield arms, none of that rules and honour crap.
    Yeah right. Let's see how Blizzard describes the class:
    This is the call of the paladin: to protect the weak, to bring justice to the unjust, and to vanquish evil from the darkest corners of the world.
    "Bring justice to unjust" - oh yeah, none of the honour and rules crap. What did you say?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I think the Forsaken who force undeath onto people are a bit worse in a Draenei's eyes.
    I mean, why, why the effort. No one mentioned undead, are you fucking obsessed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Seriously? Blood Knights' lore raped the most basic Paladin principles in the ass by harnessing the Light as leeches without any mention about faith and virtue. On the other hand, the Sunwalkers' order is strongly reliant on faith and came up during a pretty dark moment in Tauren's history (the death of Cairne coupled with the hardships of the Cataclysm) where an order inspiring hope and justice among their kin was needed more than ever.
    Not really. And the Blood Knights simply had more and better story to them. They came in a time when we still had the Class Quests, so just like with the Paladins on Alliance Side, you got a Quest Chain for Blood Knights where you learn about what they are, their philosophy and the identity of this interpretation of your class.

Sunwalkers on the other hand absolutely came off as asspull, have no real identity on their own and the whole Style of the Paladin simply doesn't fits the Tauren in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioRGc1 View Post
    I do find it strange that void elves are Alliance and Nightborne are Horde; seems it should be the other way around. I'm curious what the plot reasoning for this is.

Also, it bugs me a little because the Horde already have Highmountain Tauren (which makes sense), but also having Nightborne effectively means the Horde gets pretty much all of the Broken Isles. Not sure how I feel about that.
    Why would void elves be Horde? Alleria kinda hates the horde you know...

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    I wasn't familiar with their lore when I said that. Folks in this thread made good reasonable points that make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioRGc1 View Post
    I wasn't familiar with their lore when I said that. Folks in this thread made good reasonable points that make sense.
    Okok, ye the lore is kinda huge, can't really be familiar with it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    I mean, the Alliance started out pretty light and the Horde pretty Shadow. After all, Humans and Dwarfs follow the Light as their religion and Elune seems to be more connected to light as wenn. On the Horde side on the other Hand, Forsaken followed the forgotten Shadow while the Trolls seem to be more leaning towards the Shadow as well, after all both races had more shadowlike race abillities and most of the Alliance ones more light-like, so it was pretty much more Allianz=Light and Horde=Shadow in terms of this cosmic duality at the beginning.

Void is not innately evil, same as the light is not innately good as we saw with the whole trying to force Illidan to accept the light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Void is not innately evil, same as the light is not innately good as we saw with the whole trying to force Illidan to accept the light.
    This was about trying to force him to acceot the Light? I always thought it was an intervention to make Illidan stop lusting after his brothers wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that very dialogue is the only explanation for Sunwalkers we were given. There might be some minor quests when you level tauren through Mulgore, but I don't even remember if that's a case. I wouldn't call that a "massive effort", considering it was a pretty bold decision to give out paladin class to tribal, almost savage race. I still think it was a lore made to justify more paladin races for the Horde and what you are saying isn't really convincing that it was the contrary.
    It was quite the big effort, given the length and amount of lore thrust in that dialogue. Surely more effort than the one shown for 90% of all the other Cataclysm's combos.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Not really. And the Blood Knights simply had more and better story to them. They came in a time when we still had the Class Quests, so just like with the Paladins on Alliance Side, you got a Quest Chain for Blood Knights where you learn about what they are, their philosophy and the identity of this interpretation of your class.
    Pretty invalid argument since it boils down to "Tauren joined the fray by the time Blizzard decided homogenization is great".

On the end of the day a Blood Knight is your standard Paladin but edgier. Draenei are just the same shit as Humans but with some Naaru worship.

Sunwalkers on the other hand absolutely came off as asspull, have no real identity on their own and the whole Style of the Paladin simply doesn't fits the Tauren in the slightest.
    Except they had lore justifying it pretty well, so this whole "asspull" blabbering is bullshit no matter how many times is repeated. In comparison Dwarves are a far greater asspull, since they had no lore nor prior established background whatsoever, they were justified simply because "meh, they're friends of humans so you should guess they learned from them" and of course, the Alliance needed at least another Paladin race back in Classic that wasn't just Humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    As the title says it, having those two races in the same faction. Well it kind of feels stupid. Would those races not literally try to kill each other on sight? At the very least the Lightforged would try to take down the Void Elves.
    So you're essentially implying that Turalyon and Alleria would try to take eachothers down? :P

Void Elves are just High Elves (not to confuse with Blood Elves, ofc) trained in the void environment under the guidance of Alleria.
    High Elves pledged allegiance to the Alliance. I can't see anything wrong in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    Void Elves are just High Elves (not to confuse with Blood Elves, ofc)
    You're free to confuse them insteasd since they're more or less the same. In fact, it's confirmed that Void Elves aren't the "High Elves" people believe but Blood Elves expelled from Quel'Thalas for messing with the Void. Alleria picked them up and saved them from the abyss in which they were sinking.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    You're free to confuse them insteasd since they're more or less the same. In fact, it's confirmed that Void Elves aren't the "High Elves" people believe but Blood Elves expelled from Quel'Thalas for messing with the Void. Alleria picked them up and saved them from the abyss in which they were sinking.
    I understand :-)
    Would you mind procuring a source for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    I understand :-)
    Would you mind procuring a source for this?
    RedShirtGuy confirmed it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Hordes Forsaken subrace can be Banshees AKA Dark Rangers. The pale red eyed horrors

Limit the new Dark Ranger Hero Class to Void Elves and Forsaken Banshees

Perfrect leaders too

Alleria for Alliance

Nathanos Marris for Horde
    I like where this is going. Blizzard can further expand on this with sub-race specific classes altogether. Highmountain and Dark Iron Runecasters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Pretty invalid argument since it boils down to "Tauren joined the fray by the time Blizzard decided homogenization is great".

On the end of the day a Blood Knight is your standard Paladin but edgier. Draenei are just the same shit as Humans but with some Naaru worship.
    Not really. The Blood Elves had some Story on their Blood Knights that showed the Players what they represent. The Tauren never did. They represent nothing. They are simply Tauren pushed into a Concent that doesn't fits them, as the whole knightly orholy Setting simply had never anything to do with the Tauren. They were the simple, primitive, tribalistic and shamanistic race, more than anyone else.

I greatly would've preferred Void Elf on the horde, then use Alleria/Turalyon (and perhaps eventually Arator) with the Army of Light as the ultimate binding force that brings the alliance and horde together.

Deleted
    RedShirtGuy confirmed it.
    Thank you!
    I'm sorry for misinformation, I just used my logic instead of basing myself to real sources :x

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I greatly would've preferred Void Elf on the horde, then use Alleria/Turalyon (and perhaps eventually Arator) with the Army of Light as the ultimate binding force that brings the alliance and horde together.
    I understand, maybe the concept of duality between void and light could have been distributed charmingly between horde and alliance, but I guess the main goal was to give a playable blood elf model to Alliance players (as horde players get to play a nightelf one with the Nightborne )

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I mean, the Alliance started out pretty light and the Horde pretty Shadow. After all, Humans and Dwarfs follow the Light as their religion and Elune seems to be more connected to light as wenn. On the Horde side on the other Hand, Forsaken followed the forgotten Shadow while the Trolls seem to be more leaning towards the Shadow as well, after all both races had more shadowlike race abillities and most of the Alliance ones more light-like, so it was pretty much more Allianz=Light and Horde=Shadow in terms of this cosmic duality at the beginning.
    So? Void elves are exiled blood elves and personally trained by Alleria. Why would they go back to the Horde? They were exiled and Alleria is alliance, there is literally no reason at all for void elves to be Horde. That you think alliance = light and Horde = shadow means nothing.