Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post

Why would they incentivise you to play it? The incentive is that it's vanilla. You either want to play live, classic or not at all.
    Why can't I play both and have a little bonus thrown in? There's already tons of crossgame promotion if you play most blizzard games. It is going to be an official game mode now, and I expect them to promote it atleast a little bit.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Inb4 [Cutting Edge: Naxxramas 40]

Unless they significantly change the UI, the classic servers are going to have their stuff on them exclusively. At best, it will be a one-way trip, where the old mounts can possibly be used, but that may still not happen, as many of those items are popular based on their exclusivity.

Retail is the main game and classic is a perk for people who want to try it/re-live it. They shouldnt be connected in any way as it would ruin the vanilla experience of players, but all exclusive rewards which were later on removed from retail should also not be in classic - T3, unique weapons, mounts, etc., as they can no longer be obtained by players on live realms.

ps. the system "kill KT on classic and get a token for live" doesnt work, because taking down KT and keeping up with retail at the same time is not possible. Killing KT means going through leveling, clearing each raid while farming fire, then nature then frost resistance gear, which was mostly a few green items that you got lucky to drop with +Frost resistance as it takes months to gear up people with marks of frost gear.
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2017-11-06 at 02:53 PM.

No. Classic servers should not be connected to the main game in any way.
    No mounts, transmogs, achivements or anything. These things are not part of vanilla, they did not exists and they should not exist on a classic server.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Why do people think classic and live are going to be connected in any way aside from possibly your live subscription granting you access to the classic server?

Pretty comical how you claim people who want some exclusivity are "edgy" though. 10/10 that'll surely get people to take you seriously.
    You misunderstand me. I don't want classic and standard to be connected, I only care about the mounts and other vanity rewards. Personally, I would much rather have them added back to standard, but I can entertain other options.

I respect the fact that Classic never had a collection tab, and I wouldn't push for one to be added just to suit my own gameplay preferences. However, it shows a great lack of foresight to think this will never become an issue in the future. There is a 50-50 chance that Vanilla servers will evolve to BC and WotLK, or at least carry over characters to the newly created expansion realms. Once the Legacy game reaches the WotLK pre-patch where collection tabs and achievements were added, a crossover will become perfectly viable without affecting the integrity of that expansion, and many people will want it, old mounts acquired in Classic included.

Surely you aren't arrogant enough to say it shouldn't happen just because that's what YOU want? Because I absolutely wouldn't take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheRock View Post
    To me it just makes the OP sound like an entitled child. Those things (and many others) are gone OP. Deal with it and start afresh in a Classic server, that is the whole point of it.

If they were to transfer something between games (wich they won't) it would make 10x more sense to transfer Vanilla achievs and FoSs from live to Classic.
    I can only LOL. You know what used to be gone? Oh, nothing much, just Classic as a whole! Now that they're planning to bring it back (and possibly other expansions), you bet that people can feel free to bring up the issue of obtaining previously retired items. The main counter-argument was always that, even though scaling is possible, the combination of class abilities and mechanics would never be the same. The second was to allow people who earned them at the right time in the game's history to have a keepsake and feel special. Now both these arguments are moot.

Gotta say, thought, how hypocritical is it to believe YOU are entitled to the entire Classic experience, but if someone wants some old recolors of 60% run speed racial mounts, they are "entitled children" and should just "deal with it"? Amazing! Never grow up, pal!

Yep. I was 1 achievement away from the Black Proto-Drake. The day my guild did it, I was away because of irl stuff. I'm salty about it now and probably will be if I think of it in 10 years, but that's that.
    What about the people who will earn their Black Proto Drakes in lvl 80 Naxx 2023? They can replicate that whole experience, but they can't take the mount with them to standard servers? Why is one fine and not the other?

How about we stop being proud that we can stay salty for two decades and just accept that it's ok to let other people play with our toys a few years down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    As to discoveries on classic unlocking things on live (transmog/mounts) I can see there are two sides to this. On the one side, it would be a kick in the teeth for those who collected things that are no longer available to suddenly see everyone with these. A counter argument would be that these people need to be less of a special snowflake - I'm not commenting either way - but both arguments will be made. However the other side to this could be that Blizzard knows there are a lot of people who are very much into transmog gear and allowing classic gear to unlock transmogs on live may actually bring some people back to the game.
    The thing is, the mere existence of Legacy servers already devalues past experiences and rewards, because new people can once again go and get them on an official server. Even if the server is progressive, people will know what and when will get removed, and they can focus on getting them (in 1.4 people were actually encouraged to trade away their original epic mounts for an armored version, and they did it, because there was no concept of mount collection or long term rarity back then). People can go and beat the old raid clear records, etc. So the cat is already out of the bag. I think the naysayers are more about not giving Standard players what they want than about protecting the memories of veteran players, because in their heart their main motivation is hating Standard, and they want to feel superior by having something we don't have.

In my eyes, the best solution is to reintroduce ways to obtain these items in Standard and keep the two versions of the game entirely separate. That's how you prevent the argument from being made in the first place, and everyone is happy. I think the ability of obtaining the Amani Battle Bear in a timewalking ZA, farming mounts in a TW ZG and doing Immortal in TW Naxx for the two proto-drakes wouldn't be unreasonable, especially given the limited availability of timewalking events.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2017-11-06 at 03:12 PM.

well, if they wont give us the possibility to get the transmog sets for our mains, i see no reason to play those classic servers for a lot of players, many of us wont get past lvl 30 before we drop it xd.

Obviusly there will be players that will only play the classic server as they were, maybe less if they charge monthly subscripcion (And if they want to charge ppl for "classic expansion" will be even lower) but i feel that a majority of us wont even touch it if they wont be connected to standard servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    While i fully support adding back all removed content from the live game i expect the only thing getting added to vanilla to be the btag system of some kind. Most of the vanilla crowd wants the old game as it was, untampered.

I see one of 2 different "vanilla" servers going up.

1: Completely vanilla with only the btag system in place.

2: The old vanilla game but with quality of life changes like class balance, achievements, btag and possibly dungeon finder.

Either one will work for me (playing on top of the live game) but i expect them to initially go with the first one.
    @Bolded, haha that would make for a surprise. I can already see the forum posts popping up
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I think the second option seems somewhat possible. Blizzard loves cross-game promotions and I'm sure they would try to allure people playing Classic to try the current version and vice versa. However, I think the old stuff should remain exclusive, as long as the Classic realms are not struggling with low population. They could maybe reward a recolor or something else, for certain achievements (some of them already have their recolors, though). So everyone would be incentivized to play what they may not would like to play.

Nope.

Classic servers need to be completely sequestered from the rest.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post

What about the people who will earn their Black Proto Drakes in lvl 80 Naxx 2023? They can replicate that whole experience, but they can't take the mount with them to standard servers? Why is one fine and not the other?

How about we stop being proud that we can stay salty for two decades and just accept that it's ok to let other people play with our toys a few years down the line?
    They can enjoy their Black Proto Drake at level 80 on the level 80 servers along with any realm first titles. Aside from the fact that there's nothing wrong with being proud with something you deem an accomplishment (realm first titles ect), why can't you accept that something was available and now it's not in the same context, but it might be in another i.e Naxx 2023. Why does everyone deserve everything just because other people have it and attained it when it was available?

Sorry Coco, come to classic servers if you want classic rewards

They can enjoy their Black Proto Drake at level 80 on the level 80 servers along with any realm first titles. Aside from the fact that there's nothing wrong with being proud with something you deem an accomplishment (realm first titles ect), why can't you accept that something was available and now it's not in the same context, but it might be in another i.e Naxx 2023. Why does everyone deserve everything just because other people have it and attained it when it was available?
    I find absolutely no value in removing content. It's never consistent, and lately it serves more to push people into doing a particular piece of content while it is current more than anything else. I never feel happy when I use one of my many retired mounts and people whisper to me saying "Aww, wish I could still get that Too bad I didn't play back then". It actually makes me feel shitty about using some of my favorite mounts, the Pandaren Phoenixes. I think you need to be a particularly horrible person to enjoy the sadness of people who can't get the thing you're showing off, and that negates any respect I may have for your achievement.

It's even worse for things that were removed randomly, such as ZG and the racial mounts, or things where Blizzard clearly realized removing rewards for that kind of content was a mistake, but kept them removed anyway because they felt guilty they forced players to push themselves to get them, such as the Glory proto-drakes.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Sorry Coco, come to classic servers if you want classic rewards
    I main a Troll... do you think Classic has anything cooler to offer than freaking Zandalar? Sure, I'd level a character to 60 for the right reward, but let's be serious here, BFA is 100 times more promising.

I main a Troll... do you think Classic has anything cooler to offer than freaking Zandalar? Sure, I'd level a character to 60 for the right reward, but let's be serious here, BFA is 100 times more promising.
    That's amazing then ! Stick to BFA and bathe in 100 times more promising rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's amazing then ! Stick to BFA and bathe in 100 times more promising rewards.
    Doesn't mean I can't want the extra racial mounts though! After all, the kodos and horses are now new models, and kodo mounts are sorely lacking. It doesn't hurt you in any way if you play on the Classic realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic and Live will obviously be kept completely separate. The difference in gold economies alone is enough to demonstrate that they cannot be mixed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

If they make Classic, then simply add all removed content from retail back to retail. People who play retail get everything they want, people who play Classic can enjoy it on their own servers.

One of the major hurdles of progressing in vanilla were consumables and materials - access to retail Auction and such connections obviously makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account

P.S. To edgy Vanilla lovers who think Vanilla mounts and mogs should remain exclusive to Vanilla servers, don't be hypocrites. You wanted access to retired content in a way you could enjoy, and Blizzard listened to you. There is no reason why collectors shouldn't have the same expectations - only we don't want the gameplay, just the vanity items.
    Quoting this since it pretty much sums up your post.

You can dream all you want but I can't imagine there will be any crossover at all. They don't need to give incentives to bring players to classic realms. It isn't some new form of gameplay they want to drive people to. It is honoring a longstanding request from an existing playerbase. By allowing folks (like yourself) who actually aren't interested in the experience itself, brings an unwanted demographic to the server for no other purpose than to exploit it.

Furthermore, it detracts from the few players that still have said items when they are made available to the masses.

I'm sure the Black Qiraji Battle Tank will have enough people racing for it as it is, that ACTUALLY want to play on Classic servers, with the classic experience. By allowing crossover from standard and live, it would/will taint the experience for those who just want to play.

IF they allowed crossover you would no doubt find a single guild spread out among all available classic servers (assuming there is more than one) each power leveling and gearing, so they can all take turns on each server being first to open AQ and get the mount. That won't be fun for ANYONE who is on classic servers for the "classic" experience.

Doesn't mean I can't want the extra racial mounts though! After all, the kodos and horses are now new models, and kodo mounts are sorely lacking. It doesn't hurt you in any way if you play on the Classic realm.
    Those mounts are gone. So is my black proto drake that you will never have. Do you also want my exclusive s6 and s9 gladiator mounts? What about my Immortal title?

Stick to what you deserve coco

It better have no fucking connection to the Live servers.

At most, bnet integration for friends list, bnet app, etc. Anything else would be bad.