Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I like snowy mountains in direction behind Brill

Oh, wait.
    Well Lordaeron is obviously bigger than represented in game.. We know that since W3 intro human cinematic.

The technical site of the cinematic is incredible.
    PvP story site just sucks imho.

Made me a bit emotional honestly. My favorite cinematic to date, even better than wod and wrath.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    If the vanilla tbc wotlk ones never existed , yes best cinematic ever
    Nah, this one was way better than the WOTLK one, and that has for long been seen as the best cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    If the vanilla tbc wotlk ones never existed , yes best cinematic ever
    WotLK cinematic can never be topped.

Personally I found this one bad, but I dislike this theme immensely, so hardly surprising.

The horde part was cringe, but I liked Anduin in this one, especially his armor looked great.

WotLK will never be topped.

I think there are two factors to consider here.
    1- the obvious barrier.
    2- The horde is (supposed to be) all about honor, I don't think Sylvanas would have gotten rep points by killing an unarmed Anduin. Same reason I suspect that Saurfang just tackled the young prince into the ground and moved on. The orcs, tauren and trolls would simply have rather died there than dishonored themselves by killing an unarmed and unfocused foe, no matter how dangerous it is in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by PLS View Post
    Lol, also for the record one tauren warrior took out like half the alliance troops so that's lol.

Did you ever play WC3? One tauren unit could kill 8-10 human knights without issue( if fighting 1v1 in succession). If he was upgraded or had bloodlust... it was even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Except, Anduin is a priest, he was doing a massive barrier/ heal - so any kind of charge or arrow at that moment would be useless
    It reminded me more of the Resurrection spell from Warcraft 3. The Paladin ultimate.

Yet it was amazing. Sylvanas got my testosterone levels up to the max. And Anduin finally has a set of balls. Was a brilliant cinematic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You have to remember, Sylvanas is a seasoned fighter. She’s been leading/fighting battles for many years. Anduin hasn’t. This was his first battle and he was trying so hard to be his father; the warrior. That’s why he looked down at his fathers’ sword and dropped it. He realized he needed to be who he was; the Priest.
    For his first battle, he did great imo. He managed to take down two orcs and literally buried a troll in the ground. And let's not forget that the orc who hit him was Saurfang, the legend. Considering his inexperience on the battlefield and his young age, I think he did fine. Obviously, he will never become the warrior his father was, but still.

Deleted
    Not at all. This is one the best cinematics ever. Sylvanas was just epic

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    I liked it, only thing that made me cringe is Sylvanas shouting for the Horde. MoP cinematic was comical, not this one.
    Cringe? It was the best part of Blizzcon. A Sylvanas that never gave a fuck about the Horde in general, finally feeling the weight on her shoulder left by Vol'Jin and inspiring the entire troops when they are getting pushed back.
    What is cringe is Anduin's "For the Alliance" only a few seconds after Sylvana's "For the Horde". "For the Alliance" always felt like a rip off of "For the Horde" which Horde players started saying much earlier in WoW. "For the Alliance" feels "gay" as fuck too. "Glory to the Alliance" for example sounds much better and it's not a rip off.

And before you attack me, I play WoW since 2008 and my time playing was pretty much 50/50 in each faction, I try to absorve as much from both story lines each expansion and both factions have their pros and cons.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    Yeah I agree. I mean whenever a belf or forsaken say that in fact. We all know they're only part of the Horde because of convenience. Sylvanas especially.
    Isn't that the point though? Sylvanas' FOR THE HORDE doesn't carry the low grit that we're accustomed to seeing from an Orc, but it shows a level of unity that we haven't seen, since we tend to share your impression of how the Forsaken feel about joining the Horde.

Deleted
    Like if Sylvanas gravity defiying anime leaps and running down the colapsing tower cringe was anything better...

Yea, going to have to disagree with you. This was the most amazing cinematic to date.

As far as the "For the Horde" and "For the Alliance" shouts this round, I guess I think both were good. Sylvie finally appears to say it with real meaning to it, everyone just stares at her like who are you and what did you do with the real sylvie?? and realize that she is finally fighting for their cause. It looked like she was just using the other members of the horde as fodder before that.

With Manduin, that's the first time I've never cringed when someone shouted "For the Alliance". It for once actually sounded good and on par with the ever catchy "For the Horde". His mass rez/heal is the most goosebump worthy wow thing I've ever seen.

The only thing that gave me a slight irritation was that Greymane looks like that stupid ass wolf from the wow movie. But even that was easily ignored.

This game was labeled as fantasy the last time I checked

Blizzard are ought to hire some war experts for the future. It seems we have plenty of seasoned spec ops members posting great suggestions here, sign them up asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Cringe? It was the best part of Blizzcon. A Sylvanas that never gave a fuck about the Horde in general, finally feeling the weight on her shoulder left by Vol'Jin and inspiring the entire troops when they are getting pushed back.
    What is cringe is Anduin's "For the Alliance" only a few seconds after Sylvana's "For the Horde". "For the Alliance" always felt like a rip off of "For the Horde" which Horde players started saying much earlier in WoW. "For the Alliance" feels "gay" as fuck too. "Glory to the Alliance" for example sounds much better and it's not a rip off.

And before you attack me, I play WoW since 2008 and my time playing was pretty much 50/50 in each faction, I try to absorve as much from both story lines each expansion and both factions have their pros and cons.
    I wonder how many Alliance players at Blizzcon decided to reroll Horde after that cause they made them look lame as shit

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    "Wait a moment. Lets wait till he resses those 15 guys that we have surrounded then kill them all again. At least he isnt cryng anymore"

The animation itself was quite good of course. Its one thing that Blizzard has always excelled at. But the script was obviously written by people who dont seem to have the slightest idea how battle actually works.
    If i just saw the clouds part and a beam of blinding energy shot down and started raising fallen enemies? I'd be pretty stunned too. In cannon, hero characters are some of the only characters that can do that stuff, and advanced magic of that level is rarely ever seen.

For everyone on about whose was better? I play ally, and i was more impressed with Sylvanas' banshee screaming "For the Horde!" Anduins was pretty good, but I suppose we didn't get a chance to see the alliance fully rallied and pushing back like the horde was.
    Last edited by Soulfighter101; 2017-11-06 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.