Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PLS View Post
    It reminded me of the abortion that was, Avatar:The Last Airbender. The scene where they are trying kill the moon spirit and the huge water elemental rises from the sea. Everyone just stops and stares at it for like 30 sec, the hole time any person with a sense of preservation would be stabbing all the people staring like idiots distracted. "and your dead, and your dead, and your dead"

Three times in the cinematic I was like "shoot him, shoot him shoot him in the face" wtf? Like you want to instill a sense of sacrifice/pride have her shoot at that little &^%^& Anduin and have a soldier dive in front to take the arrow. Not stand there like "hrm wonder what hes doing? guess I'll let him channel that 8sec spell that looks really bad new bears". Like not even a counter shot, she could have sneezed and killed him, just completely immersion shattering.
    You must hate movies and tv shows a lot then with suspense. This is not a new concept, by this reasoning many people would have just been dead by now

dear lord
    #TeamSylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    These kinds of cinematics are more for hype than for realism. I usually turn off my brain while watching them, because there are so many continuity errors that I wouldn't enjoy anything if I was searching them.

For instance: Saurfang falls after being hit by arrows. Sylvanas, who has no healing powers, cries "For the Horde" and Saurfang is back like he was never hit. Saurfang charges Anduin, is stopped by Genn, falls to the ground. Next time we see Saurfang, he's back near Sylvanas and the wall, as if he had never charged in the first place.

So, either turn off your brain and enjoy it, or make whole "Everything wrong with..." video about it and have fun with that.
    Everyone says that's Varok Saurfang... but is there actually any confirmation? Or is it just an old orc? Not all old orcs are Saurfang.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Everyone says that's Varok Saurfang... but is there actually any confirmation? Or is it just an old orc? Not all old orcs are Saurfang.
    It's obvious if you have eyes and.. logic. Why would they throw in a random old Orc leading the charge when they could have an established and loved character doing it. I mean, come on.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2017-11-06 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly if Anduin should've died during his epic moment then so should Sylvanas, no way she wouldn't have been gunned down if the cinematic had been realistic.

Yes she was swooping and flying around, but the Alliance had regiments of dwarven riflemen, night elven archers, mages and so on, bombarding Lordaeron, enough of them would definitely hit her to bring her down. Especially since it was after her banshee move that the Horde charged, meaning the Alliance wouldn't be preoccupied dealing with rampaging savages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This game was labeled as fantasy the last time I checked
    Nono. People take this game Very Very serious! Its a Very big part og their life on the line here

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Yes. Varok has a new model, and it matches that orc.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-11-06 at 03:55 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by PLS View Post
    It reminded me of the abortion that was, Avatar:The Last Airbender. The scene where they are trying kill the moon spirit and the huge water elemental rises from the sea. Everyone just stops and stares at it for like 30 sec, the hole time any person with a sense of preservation would be stabbing all the people staring like idiots distracted. "and your dead, and your dead, and your dead"

Three times in the cinematic I was like "shoot him, shoot him shoot him in the face" wtf? Like you want to instill a sense of sacrifice/pride have her shoot at that little &^%^& Anduin and have a soldier dive in front to take the arrow. Not stand there like "hrm wonder what hes doing? guess I'll let him channel that 8sec spell that looks really bad new bears". Like not even a counter shot, she could have sneezed and killed him, just completely immersion shattering.
    It's called forced bullshit. Where writers actually have no idea how things work in real life so they force their bullshit on viewers, tying to make them believe improbable stuff to make flashy images instead of logical narrative.

So yeah, it looks good but the events portrayed are ridiculous just like the rest of the game, so it fits and fans are served.

Wrath of the lich king's Cinematic is still my all time favorite. This one was nice though.

Ya'll are aware that WoW is just a giant playable cartoon right

Considering they made Sylvannas into a 15 year old's idea of a bad ass, it's easy to see who's who in these forums now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be fair here. You mean to tell me, if you saw something like that, you wouldn't stop and stare at it in awe? Because I certainly would.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    it was great even tho i dont understand why sylvannas is so pink and not blue
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    I liked it, only thing that made me cringe is Sylvanas shouting for the Horde. MoP cinematic was comical, not this one.
    Both of them shouting looked weird to me. I think its the way they animated their mouths...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    I liked it, only thing that made me cringe is Sylvanas shouting for the Horde. MoP cinematic was comical, not this one.
    That was the absolute pinnacle of that cinematic. You are awarded with negative 5 points, sir.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

The only part I liked of it was when Sylvanas transformed into Banshee and did her Banshee scream. And also the iconic "FOR THE HORDE!" That was pretty neat :>

Deleted
    Yes, move on

I found Sylvanas going all Legolas funny, I swear I'm gonna make a video mock-up for that at some point.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Why use catapults and wooden seige engines when we have Warframes, space ships, and cannons that fire either Fel or Light . Hell the Warframe alone can almost 1 shot raid bosses

- - - Updated - - -

Anduins armor is looking a little Warhammer 40k Emperor of Mankind-ish
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Why use catapults and wooden seige engines when we have Warframes, space ships, and cannons that fire either Fel or Light . Hell the Warframe alone can almost 1 shot raid bosses
    In game I'm absolutely willing to suspend belief, it's necessitated to have a functional game.

But when you spend millions on a 4 and a half minute short, there are so many amazing war scenes to draw inspiration from to make a more realistic battle scene. Have some bullets/arrows rip through her cloak, or have a priest bubble her and see them hitting it. Have her shoot at Anduin and have a warrior intervene in front and shield block it, a moonkin push them away and Anduin then use his shield.

When the expansion is supposed to focus on the conflict between horde and alliance and tie into the "roots" of the game, if you want people to get pumped show the classes you can play taking part in the battle. I enjoyed the leaders going god mode, but everything shouldn't just stop their magic wouldn't be that impressive to everyone, think about the magnitude of foes we have fought and killed.

What was so amazing about some of the other trailers was seeing your class "on the big screen", yes we saw a shaman use earthquake/lightning but you had a lot of screen time. Lets see some iconic weapons, or a class in T20 connect it to the game...

I'd be way more invested going..."thats me"
    Last edited by PLS; 2017-11-06 at 04:53 PM.

To be honest I didn't like the cinematic as well. I found it rather bland.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again