Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Damn, just started steam and got my hopes up since it patches Divinity (stopped playing after missing crossbow). In meantime while it patches I visit here and read your post :[

/edit seems there were two patches, guess it's all fixed now

By the time i got back to playing it yesterday, nothing seemed out of order and I was noticing a few improvements here and there. I'm hoping to devote some more time to it later this week and actually finish the damn thing. I have started over so many times that not I am just going back to my original game. I just turned level 18 and am still working on cleaning up quests in Act 2. I can tell from the leveled loot I'm picking up that I am a little bit overleveled at this point! =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I fucking hate armor system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I fucking hate armor system.
    QFT I started as normal party with warrior, ranger, healer/control and wizard powerhouse - same comp as in DS:O1 but it was completely ineffective. Restarted with pure physical party and it's so much better. Will replay with magic party after this (I guess it will be even easier).

QFT I started as normal party with warrior, ranger, healer/control and wizard powerhouse - same comp as in DS:O1 but it was completely ineffective. Restarted with pure physical party and it's so much better. Will replay with magic party after this (I guess it will be even easier).
    I like to play with MC being the only mage in the group for the sake of being snowflake. My mc is just trash right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both have their strengths I think. The Physical team can just keep the entire group knocked down via Battering Ram and Battle Stomp (especially if 3-4 people in the group have these abilities). And with the Magical team there is so much CC it can make your head spin. Its just a matter of getting your team to go first.

Deleted
    Doesn't that only really matter on higher difficulty leves though? I'm playing a mixed group (main character summoner, then a ranged, a rogue and a 2h melee). With the incarnate I can summon it's a very heavy melee group, but my main character can dish out magic damage too and so can the ranged, a bit. Most encounters go fine as I usually melee focus down targets one by one and sprinkle CC in. If there is a character with no or low magic armour I'll solo it with my main. It's nice that the incarnate can damage through shields though and can do physical or magical damage depending on what environment you summon it on, same goes for totems.

Most encounters haven't been a problem so far, some I need to retry a few times to get the gimmicks understood and get positioning correct etc but usually now I run through most groups with 0 or 1 deaths. Level 15 atm.

First I wasn't sure about summoner but it's a great class now I see. So versatile and can do physical or magical damage depending on the summons/totems. Good with a 1h + shield for more survivability. Put secondary points into pyrokinetic to add some burst damage to my arsenal. Also since it's not so focused on you for damage you can easily spend AP on resurrections, healing, teleportation etc.

- - - Updated - - -

My rogue (Fane) feels a bit weak to me. What abilities do you guys usually do? I have him dw daggers and usually backstab teleport and then to the weapon attack with 3 attacks (that's 4 AP total) and then efter that I do the throw daggers and sawtooth. When low armour I can use rupture tendons and chicken polymorph. Am I missing anything special?

My knowledge of the ability names is lacking out of game.

You can easily go 3 physical ( archer, 2h/dualwield, shield tank ) and have a summoner/pyro or geo.

The Incarnate with an infusion + the mage will be enough to deal with low MR enemies.

The 3 physical will deal with physical armor ( most enemies in the game ).

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Tried it, and honestly... the most pointless thing you can do =/
    I use them as CC/Armor/MR support. Shield Toss still does decent damage. Also pump them full of grenades to cause Stun/Frozen/Shocked.

The difference on the amount of CC & armor doesn’t really justify the damage you lose by not using a 2h or dual-wield, plus warriors are already often ignored by enemies due the high amount of HP and armors… I would love a retribution sword and board warrior if that taunt wasn’t such utter crap =/
    That's why you take the Stench talent on your non-warriors.

The difference on the amount of CC & armor doesn’t really justify the damage you lose by not using a 2h or dual-wield,
    You don't lose THAT much. Dual wield offhand takes a 50% damage hit so it's not like it is massively better.

Shield Throw is a very good skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You don't lose THAT much. Dual wield offhand takes a 50% damage hit so it's not like it is massively better.

Shield Throw is a very good skill.
    Shield Throw is an AMAZING skill. If you are running a party that relies on Physical damage, then anyone who is not actively attacking with their weapons (like a Battle Cleric or Summoner or even if you have a Wizard in the group) should have this skill. It does a stupid amount of Physical damage with the bonus of being a ranged attack that can hit a secondary target. My group has two Shield users and oh man is this a Round 1 Priority move on both.

Don't forget that the extra weapon will also give you 10% extra crit chance.
    But yeah, I do agree that shield throw is pretty awesome...

Also, yeah I never tried doing a full stench group, that might indeed help a lot... hum, do you know if stench nullifies persuasion though?
    I have stench on everyone bar my 2h warrior ( main char with Persuasion ) and Red Prince ( my tank/support )

If you somehow end in a persuasion check with your Stench chars just use Presence of Mind on them or the Civil Skills Auras mod that lets you pass Thievery/Persuasion/Lucky Charm/Bartering around

Deleted
    I'll place my bet on... warfare, believe it or not, seems to be the most important thing on a dw rogue.
    Thanks! Respecced my rogue and increased my damage by like 100% lol. Feels like a proper damage dealer now!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was able to dive back into the game last night and completed the Nameless Isle area. I think at this point in the game my party might be slightly OP. My Battle Cleric doesn't have much to do even though over half of her spells are geared towards healing and restoring armor. Usually during or after the first round I've broken most of the enemies' physical armor and then its just a game of keeping them knocked down.

I also swapped Fane from a Wizard build to a Rogue one. This is the first time I've played Rogue in DOS2 and its pretty damn effective. Although, I'm not finding a ton of use from the actual Scoundrel skills outside of the mobility ones. Damage from basic backstabs seems just as effective, and once armor is down then I prefer to use the Warfare abilities to Knockdown instead of inflicting Bleeds or whatnot.

Deleted
    Next time I replay I will be sure to kill Saheila at Fort Joy - annoying fanatic.

If you do all the quests and fights you end up overscaling. I've been level 17 since ACT II and the mobs on Nameless Isle are still lvl 16, it's a faceroll.

I am confident my warrior could take on fights solo without Lone Wolf, he hits for 1K damage with basic attacks where most mobs would die in 3K damage.

Deleted
    Did you complete Sebille quest?
    Just freed Saheila from the wolves and had her declare Sebille as new messiah. My cute Sebille that didn't care for any god or destiny seems to now have a "holy mission".

All after "my god" offered me a dialogue option to distrust my allies.

Sebille's questline can easily result in... heartbreak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    If you do all the quests and fights you end up overscaling. I've been level 17 since ACT II and the mobs on Nameless Isle are still lvl 16, it's a faceroll.

I am confident my warrior could take on fights solo without Lone Wolf, he hits for 1K damage with basic attacks where most mobs would die in 3K damage.
    I was in the same boat (pun intended). It normalizes in the final Act though. Personally I cruised through Nameless Isle and expected to do the same in the final area. But some of those fights end up being a little tough due to BS and/or dramatic changes in power with the level (enemies are 18-20 in the area, mainly 19-20 though).

I did finally finish the game last night. As with the previous Divinity I was not pleased with the finale or the final encounter. One of the things that I hated the most about the first DOS was the BS mechanics in the boss fights. DOS 2 avoided a lot of of what bugged me up until the very end. Spoilers incoming...

There is a couple of things that bugged me about the final encounter. The trio of reveals lacked any weight for me because none of it was foreshadowed at all (unless I missed key elements). Lucian being alive, Dallis being Fane's daughter, and the masked man being Braccus Rex...it just seemed so lame and unnecessary. Any one of those would have been fine, but together they just seemed utterly ridiculous. So the end started off with a big eye roll.

The epilogue was also REALLY weird. I felt like they were trying to do the thing where you get some closure and see how your actions affected the world...except that that wasn't really an aspect of this game, and the epilogue cards were 2-3 seconds long and were ultra vague. It seemed like a half-baked idea that wasn't fully thought through.

As for the fight itself. I got very upset when the second phase started after all of my characters had gone, leaving me to take 2 rounds worth of assault from the Braccus Rex Fan Club (who went at the end of the round on the current round and then beginning of the round on the next). I did not side with Lucian, so I already had 1 man down and mostly no armor left. Since the fight didn't reset with Braccus Phase, I was literally caught with my pants down and had the remaining forces all attacking me.

Even after restarting and forcing the Braccus Phase to trigger at the beginning of the round so my characters could all act in the Braccus Phase, it was still a HUGE pain in the ass. Dallis turns into a dragon and goes AoE crazy. The Kraken goes AoE crazy. Braccus goes AoE crazy. And all the NPC's have abilities that hit everyone in the area...so they go AoE crazy too! By the time I finished the fight I didn't feel I had accomplished anything, I felt like I got lucky and cheesed out a victory (basically half the team bumrushed Dallis before she could turn and the other half bumrushed Braccus and kept him knocked down). I was literally 1 round from losing with half my team dead and all the NPC's closing in around me. Thankfully all you need to do was kill Braccus because I could not have killed them all.

Overall, DOS2 was a fun game at the start, but for me I started to lose interest the more I played it. I still recommend it, but playing made me really just want to play other games like XCOM or Pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I was in the same boat (pun intended). It normalizes in the final Act though. Personally I cruised through Nameless Isle and expected to do the same in the final area. But some of those fights end up being a little tough due to BS and/or dramatic changes in power with the level (enemies are 18-20 in the area, mainly 19-20 though).

I did finally finish the game last night. As with the previous Divinity I was not pleased with the finale or the final encounter. One of the things that I hated the most about the first DOS was the BS mechanics in the boss fights. DOS 2 avoided a lot of of what bugged me up until the very end. Spoilers incoming...

There is a couple of things that bugged me about the final encounter. The trio of reveals lacked any weight for me because none of it was foreshadowed at all (unless I missed key elements). Lucian being alive, Dallis being Fane's daughter, and the masked man being Braccus Rex...it just seemed so lame and unnecessary. Any one of those would have been fine, but together they just seemed utterly ridiculous. So the end started off with a big eye roll.

The epilogue was also REALLY weird. I felt like they were trying to do the thing where you get some closure and see how your actions affected the world...except that that wasn't really an aspect of this game, and the epilogue cards were 2-3 seconds long and were ultra vague. It seemed like a half-baked idea that wasn't fully thought through.

As for the fight itself. I got very upset when the second phase started after all of my characters had gone, leaving me to take 2 rounds worth of assault from the Braccus Rex Fan Club (who went at the end of the round on the current round and then beginning of the round on the next). I did not side with Lucian, so I already had 1 man down and mostly no armor left. Since the fight didn't reset with Braccus Phase, I was literally caught with my pants down and had the remaining forces all attacking me.

Even after restarting and forcing the Braccus Phase to trigger at the beginning of the round so my characters could all act in the Braccus Phase, it was still a HUGE pain in the ass. Dallis turns into a dragon and goes AoE crazy. The Kraken goes AoE crazy. Braccus goes AoE crazy. And all the NPC's have abilities that hit everyone in the area...so they go AoE crazy too! By the time I finished the fight I didn't feel I had accomplished anything, I felt like I got lucky and cheesed out a victory (basically half the team bumrushed Dallis before she could turn and the other half bumrushed Braccus and kept him knocked down). I was literally 1 round from losing with half my team dead and all the NPC's closing in around me. Thankfully all you need to do was kill Braccus because I could not have killed them all.

Overall, DOS2 was a fun game at the start, but for me I started to lose interest the more I played it. I still recommend it, but playing made me really just want to play other games like XCOM or Pillars.

Braccus was foreshadowed by Tarquin, who gave you a subtle hint when he tells you how important Anathema is and that it could even kill Braccus Rex.

You'd think.. why mention this? He's been dead for ages.

Also Dallis having a mysterious mage who seems to know how to turn people into Source monsters is also eyebrow raising.

I did NOT expect Dallis and Lucian, though. I'm running a game as Fane just to see how that goes.

My first game was with a sniper/archer and it was pretty fun but goddamn, my Warfare 2h Fane is absolutely amazing.

I basically killed the Sallow Man in one turn, the damage I do is insane. I waited till the end of ACT II to claim my hammer from Lohar ( it scales to your level ) and it now deals 1K ish damage and knocks down people passively. It also has Onslaught which is a very solid skill that does around 2.5K damage if NO HIT CRITS. ( and my Crit is like 50% )

At the end of ACT III I'm gonna sell it to the Fletcher and buy it back in ACT IV ( the fletcher levels up all your sold gear at the start of ACT IV )

Actually, when you finish anathema quest, Tarquin tells you about resurrecting Bracus, and that he is the reason why he wanted to restore anathema in the first place.
    Does he? I can't recall the exact moment when it is revealed.