Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I guess you can find some comedy in watching young Brad Pitt punch a hearthstone card into the ground or in Sylvanas pretending to be horde.

I loved the cinematic though, amazing how much development they managed to cram into such short scenes with Anduin and still made it feel amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Why use catapults and wooden seige engines when we have Warframes, space ships, and cannons that fire either Fel or Light . Hell the Warframe alone can almost 1 shot raid bosses

- - - Updated - - -

Anduins armor is looking a little Warhammer 40k Emperor of Mankind-ish
    The army of the light is not remotely interested or biased in the war between the alliance & the horde or the battle for Lordaeron (at the moment at least) and it's not like they have a battalion of Warframes to station all over the galaxy.

Good graphics and animations, the rest is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Yeah, but Silence Shot goes through barriers
    It was probably on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    The army of the light is not remotely interested or biased in the war between the alliance & the horde or the battle for Lordaeron (at the moment at least) and it's not like they have a battalion of Warframes to station all over the galaxy.
    How do you know? Even with out the Army we still have cannons, ships and mechanized armor units. Wooden catapults and siege engines are stupid considering the tech that is available . The cinematic looked good, didnt look like Warcraft except for Sylvanas . Othe rthen that it was a generic battle scene thought could have been from any number of games
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Best cinematic ever in my opinion. Also, maybe the first effect the light had was stunning enemies? Or silencing them or something so that's why they didn't attack?

15+ Year Old Account
    I assume they wanted to try and hard push the Warfront so, it essentially was Warcraft 2 with four faction leaders injected into it. It probably stemmed from a lack of perspective on there part. The thing is no ones played Warcraft 2 in decades and no one has played a warfront yet either so it doesn't really connect to the player base.

You're forgetting this is a fantasy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Thanks to Legion its a scifi game . Fantasy flew out the window and took the RPG element with it
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Yah but when it severely breaks immersion it ruins the fantasy. You're telling me if you were an alliance archer the second you saw the enemy faction leader, you wouldn't turn and fire everything you had at them. Its like going into a raid and just standing there and only attacking adds when they spawn, the rest of the time you just stand there and go "wow KJ's attack animation is so cool!" Or fighting on in world war two and Hitler showing up on the battlefield and just standing there going "wow that's one bad dude"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to Legion its a scifi game . Fantasy flew out the window and took the RPG element with it
    It's still a Fantasy game. If anything Anduin's protective barrier almost looks like something out of a sci-fi thing but it's still Fantasy based. So calm thy tits.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You should look at every war/fight/battle scene in every game/movie ever and realise that there's plenty of times the main characters could easily be killed. We don't depict war perfectly in any media. It gets glorified to make the main characters look amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know? Even with out the Army we still have cannons, ships and mechanized armor units. Wooden catapults and siege engines are stupid considering the tech that is available . The cinematic looked good, didnt look like Warcraft except for Sylvanas . Othe rthen that it was a generic battle scene thought could have been from any number of games
    It's a fantasy game with bows, arrows & magic and you are complaining about technology.

Why use the Night Elf rangers when the dwarves have guns?

Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by PLS View Post
    Yah but when it severely breaks immersion it ruins the fantasy. You're telling me if you were an alliance archer the second you saw the enemy faction leader, you wouldn't turn and fire everything you had at them. Its like going into a raid and just standing there and only attacking adds when they spawn, the rest of the time you just stand there and go "wow KJ's attack animation is so cool!" Or fighting on in world war two and Hitler showing up on the battlefield and just standing there going "wow that's one bad dude"....
    Yeah just ignore the dudes trying to kill you and Leeroy it to his faction leader, that'll work

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Yeah just ignore the dudes trying to kill you and Leeroy it to his faction leader, that'll work
    No one was trying to kill anyone, thats the point LOL

And turning your bow/gun from behind the front lines is really hard?

The whole "Let's patiently wait for the enemy to do some ultra super duper move and not interfere" (earliest memory is DBZ) is silly all around, but it's been around so long that I just accept it these days.

I found the cinematic to be quite badass, personally. I hate Sylvannas with a passion, but liked the way they portrayed her there.

Arguably their worst work yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Isn't that the point though? Sylvanas' FOR THE HORDE doesn't carry the low grit that we're accustomed to seeing from an Orc, but it shows a level of unity that we haven't seen, since we tend to share your impression of how the Forsaken feel about joining the Horde.
    Possibly, yeah. But I'll never trust the Forsaken (especially not Sylvanas) to be particularly loyal to the Horde.