Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Class Raid Buffs in Battle for Azeroth

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275398/c...le-for-azeroth

DPS ones relevant to us so far:

Demon Hunter:
    Demon Speed Party and raid members within 40 yards are infused with demonic speed, increasing haste by 3%.

Druid:
    Mark of the Wild 200 Mana, 40 Yard Range, Instant Infuses a friendly target with the power of the wild, increasing their Versatility by 3% for 1 hour. If target is in your party or raid, all party and raid members will be affected.

Mage:
    Arcane Intellect 200 Mana, 30 Yard Range, Instant Infuses the target with brilliance, increasing their intellect by 5% for 1 hour. If target is in your party or raid, all party and raid members will be affected.

Monk:
    Legacy of the Emperor 20 Energy, 40 Yard Range, Instant You extol the words of the last emperor, increasing mastery by 54. If target is in your party or raid, all party and raid member will be affected.

Warlock:
    Curse of the Elements Your damage curses the target, increasing magic damage taken by 5% for 1 min.

Shaman?
    Not listed/known yet. May or may not affect mage dps
    Love the idea of raid buffs. The sucky thing, however, is there's a lot of raids we do where is is no warlock in the raid. And losing +5% magic damage taken is going to suck

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275398/c...le-for-azeroth

DPS ones relevant to us so far:

Love the idea of raid buffs. The sucky thing, however, is theres a lot of raids we do where is is no warlock in the raid. And losing +5% magic damage taken is going to suck
    when you gotta recruit one asap, healthstone and 5% magic damage is going to be too good to miss.

really any raid without the 12 classes is going to be gimped and very punishing for mythic.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Shaman one turns out be Bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    shaman one is probably crit, it's not represented in any of the other classes

I'm guessing the shaman buff will be +crit based.

I'm glad, this expansion had far to many world firsts of 10x boomkin 10x hunter 10x rogue garbage

Except mages and hunter already provide that, unless they take it away?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Except mages and hunter already provide that, unless they take it away?
    Which could obviously happen.

While Crit is currently missing, it seems odd that Shaman is the only one missing a Support buff / Aura, the one class that had Bloodlust as their unique ability for some time.

Would explain why it's missing, because Shaman gained nothing new.

It could turn out just to be a crit aura, but i think they might also change some of them, DK & Pally seem awfully weak compared to something like 5% on your Main Stat.

Which could obviously happen.

While Crit is currently missing, it seems odd that Shaman is the only one missing a Support buff / Aura, the one class that had Bloodlust as their unique ability for some time.

Would explain why it's missing, because Shaman gained nothing new.

It could turn out just to be a crit aura, but i think they might also change some of them, DK & Pally seem awfully weak compared to something like 5% on your Main Stat.
    nah paladin is weak 10% armour is literally only useful for tanks, no-one else should get melee hits and armour doesn't do shit vs raid damage, hasn't for years.

but 5% leech? whole raid healing for 5% of their damage? it's not amazing but those fights where raid damage is constantly going on ticking it'll feel amazing for the healers, against burst raid damage of course it's rather useless

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    but 5% leech? whole raid healing for 5% of their damage? it's not amazing but those fights where raid damage is constantly going on ticking it'll feel amazing for the healers, against burst raid damage of course it's rather useless
    It's not terrible, but doesn't hold a candle to 5% STR / Agi or 5% Int.

It's the kind of bonus you might pass over if you don't have a DH, but you probably won't do any mythic raid without a Warrior or Mage.

I think it's still a good concept, there should be most certainly an incentive to bring every class at least once.

It's not terrible, but doesn't hold a candle to 5% STR / Agi or 5% Int.

It's the kind of bonus you might pass over if you don't have a DH, but you probably won't do any mythic raid without a Warrior or Mage.
    If you remember the world first of cenarius and how inspiring presence at 3% each contributed for a total of 9% back then when it used to stack and how sizable that contributed to healing, I think then you might change your viewpoint and agree that 5% leech is not a buff that will be easily passed over if you can help it at all.

What also comes to mind is how powerful the leech providing trinket of hfc was for fights (say gorefiend or velhari) or how blood dks currently also provide reliable temporary group wide leech in 5-mans and m+. Team wide leech is really big and you underestimate it.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2017-11-06 at 01:50 PM.

Before I clicked on this thread, I said to myself the warlock one would be OP.

I believe the reason is that if warlocks weren't extremely adept and necessary a lot less people would play them(for whatever reason, I personally think they are cool). Even now, some people look at them as a pet class in a negative way.

Mained on in MoP and anecdotally, it was very strong relative to other classes at the time for soloing, raiding, and PvP. They took dot snapshotting away, but not execute sniping and multidotting will always be strong because they can't balance around most people being able to target and multi-dot every mob(which good players can).

edit: nvm, warlock one looks strong, assuming any damage curses for the full 1 min interval and it keeps refreshing as long as you apply damage.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-11-06 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    If you remember the world first of cenarius and how inspiring presence at 3% each contributed for a total of 9% back then when it used to stack and how sizable that contributed to healing
    Were Prot Warriors mandatory in ToS? Guess not, i'm not saying it's bad, but it's not on the same level as Battle shout / Arcane Intellect.

I really don't understand why they are back-tracking and putting in specific class buffs again, especially when they aren't balanced. This is going to hurt smaller pug raids / mythic+ if you play a class that brings a useless buff (DK for example). Or you will be denied a spot because "we already have one of your class".

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    when you gotta recruit one asap, healthstone and 5% magic damage is going to be too good to miss.

really any raid without the 12 classes is going to be gimped and very punishing for mythic.
    Removing class stacking or at least making it less desirable is a good thing
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    yup 1 of each, 3 more rogues 3 more mages 2 more hunters.

balanced...in blizzLUL's eyes.

The idea of raid buffs is pointless if all encounters are designed with the raid having them. It just wastes time before each pull (But keeps players playing longer so more $ for Activision)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I think it's a cool idea. Lock buff seems really good to me for some reason.. I'm sure it's in line but damn.

God this is the worst. I really came to like that my own performance was determined by me. By my skills and gear and execution.

Now my ability to do my goddamn job is gonna come down to how many of each class are around at the time?

And oh man, all that time-wasting between pulls, getting every buff up... and anyone Brez'd in the middle of the fight is gonna just do 10-20% less damage than they normally would?
    Christ. The buffs were removed for good reason.

Deleted
    rogues and warlocks >> all
    but obviously you will need all of these buffs to have a good performing team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    God this is the worst. I really came to like that my own performance was determined by me. By my skills and gear and execution.

Now my ability to do my goddamn job is gonna come down to how many of each class are around at the time?

And oh man, all that time-wasting between pulls, getting every buff up... and anyone Brez'd in the middle of the fight is gonna just do 10-20% less damage than they normally would?
    Christ. The buffs were removed for good reason.
    It is something we used to do before they removed it.
    It's no big deal to push a button.