7+ Year Old Account
    So what are embassies and how do they differ from a capital city?
    #TeamSylvanas

I don't think Ogres are ever going to be an Allied Race. They are either a "normal" race or never playabale at all.

The gimmick with Allied Races is that they are a somewhat twisted version of already existing races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    So what are embassies and how do they differ from a capital city?
    So far we know very little about them. Only that they exist, where they are and who visits them. If they offer any gameplay value at all is still unclear.

Burning of Teldrassil makes me wonder about something..
    Legion's release and marketing was marketed with "Kingdoms will burn" subtext.

Would it be possible that Sylvanas gets hold of fragment of Sargeras' sword before 8.0 AND burns down Teldrassil also before 8.0 then leading up to pre-patch Loardeon siege?

Embassies apparently are just small areas in Org and Stormwind where they threw in some buildings which may or may not do anything where the racial leaders hang around. What part of the story Org and SW are “frozen” in time for the demo I don’t think is known yet. I believe all this info came from Red Shirt Guy who made level 1s on the demo servers to explore around SW and Org. So it’s hard to pinpoint what patch this happens in.

7.3.5, 8.0 prepatch, 8.0 launch, cant tell as I don’t think they expected people to try that.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie422 View Post
    Burning of Teldrassil makes me wonder about something..
    Legion's release and marketing was marketed with "Kingdoms will burn" subtext.

Would it be possible that Sylvanas gets hold of fragment of Sargeras' sword before 8.0 AND burns down Teldrassil also before 8.0 then leading up to pre-patch Loardeon siege?
    Very possible.
    Unlikely, but very possible nevertheless

My personal speculation is there are 2 seperate scenarios. 1 for the Horde to burn down Teldrassil and 1 for the Alliance to attack Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Personally the thing I'm worried about most in the new expansion is the Nightborne models. They just don't seem like they have nearly as much facial detail as the other allied races do. Their faces look completely emotionless compared to Orcs, Tauren etc.
    I was worried about that as well but you can see the male face is already different from the ones on the NPCs. It's a work in progress and no doubt the end product will be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I don't think Ogres are ever going to be an Allied Race. They are either a "normal" race or never playabale at all.
    I think there won't be "normal" races anymore. Allied races is what they are doing now because it's easier and costs less work time / money.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I know people say they would fit as Alliance races but wouldn’t they more likely be Horde races? They are on zandalar and we (very likely the Horde) befriend them.
    "The vulpera (pronounced "VUHL-peh-ruh)[1] are a race of fox people living in Vol'dun on Zandalar. Some of them however can be found on Kul Tiras."

They could apparently add them to be neutral (allied with both Horde and Alliance) sub-race and further develop them from there based on what I saw above.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post

The gimmick with Allied Races is that they are a somewhat twisted version of already existing races.
    Why should Anet limit themselves?

To me it seems that they give us races that make sense for the current content - lorewise. I don't know about all the new races, but Alleria's story has a strong story-connection with the Voidelves, Zandalar with the new trolls, the Legion campaign already built towards Nightborne, the same with the Lightforged. I don't know how they will bring the Highmountain Tauren and the Dark Iron Dwarfs in this, but I assume it's also through a connected storyline.

Oh wow I just saw a dungeon video from BfA and they pruned the numbers by 1000. Skills doing 150 damage instead of 150.000. It seems necessary but it looks really weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    So cuuuute! Allied race now blizz, do it!
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh wow I just saw a dungeon video from BfA and they pruned the numbers by 1000. Skills doing 150 damage instead of 150.000. It seems necessary but it looks really weird.
    I'm sure it will feel weird for a while. I will have to get used to not critting into the millions with my Aimed Shot on a Vulnerable target...
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

7+ Year Old Account
    So happy. One feature that cant come soon enough
    #TeamSylvanas

lol yeah but you'll have abilities that deal 20 or 30 damage (at level 110). That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    So cuuuute! Allied race now blizz, do it!

We've had a prune before and we got used to it. We'll get used to this one quickly enough.

I welcome any and all prunes. Frankly, I'd prune it further optimally so those numbers are the 120 numbers rather than the 110 numbers but I'll take it as is.

could someone link me the red shirt guy's talk about changes that weren't mentioned? like the new models and shit.

i wanted to read it for myself, but i can't remember where it was posted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I'm sure it will feel weird for a while. I will have to get used to not critting into the millions with my Aimed Shot on a Vulnerable target...
    I wonder how far will mythic Antorus players get with Aimed crits. My best so far was a bit over 5M, discounting extra vulnerabilities/boosts like Maiden's orbs (HC ToS gear)
    Also, nice avatar! All hail king Anduin!

10+ Year Old Account
    lol yeah but you'll have abilities that deal 20 or 30 damage (at level 110). That's ridiculous.
    I've seen that the characters created in BfA had an ilvl of 185? yet the journal showed that the antorus raid ilvl was about 200+ (I cant remember the exact numbers).
    [/URL]