Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Ugh I am really upset over the whole idea of having to level these new races from 20.

Maybe I'm just being petty but it feels like a loooooong way to 120 from 20. And I don't quite know how it's going to feel leveling a Nightborne through Suramar. That's gonna be a bit odd.
    You can do that in a week..
    Doesn't seem like an issue to me. I rerolled Draenei Shaman in TBC. And Heirlooms weren't even a thing. Nowadays you just slap on some looms and you level up like crazy. With the new scaling zones leveling with looms will be nice since you don't need to haul ass every few quests to another zone.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    That's it for me tonight guys, tomorrow the exams start! Talk to you later, keep that train moving. Tchoooootchoooooo!

You left us with a fucking HP train, and not Pantupino's hype train? You're a very dead man indeed, Fahrad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Just gonna leave this here.

https://i.imgur.com/7OA5481.jpg

They are updating the entire zone for the Warfront. My theory of them using this upcoming expansion's war as an in-game excuse to do a huge and total revamp of EK and Kalimdor in 2 expansions is gaining steam. Plus the Horde fricking burns down Teldrassil. Lore-wise, it's completely gone next expansion. They can't just phase it back in after the expansion is over. There's just no way.

They are preparing for a world revamp.
    Think they already mentioned that they are doing zone revamps where it max sense as a max level phase.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Ok. Ships are confirmed to be a major feature point of the expansion. Home bases if you will.

Want more than that?

Undermine, confirmed to be the (MASSIVE) neutral city hub of the expansion with zone control wars in the middle of the city for a raid boss and other vendors through the life of the expansion.
    Yeah I'd love more information on this!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Ugh I am really upset over the whole idea of having to level these new races from 20.

Maybe I'm just being petty but it feels like a loooooong way to 120 from 20. And I don't quite know how it's going to feel leveling a Nightborne through Suramar. That's gonna be a bit odd.
    I always considered my Priest Dark Iron and was a bit annoyed I couldn't make him look like one in vanilla, I liked the appearance better for him. I'm not going to give them money for a race change though. They get enough from the subscription. variations of the base races should really have been cosmetic. Something new like Nightborne I can understand those being proper races.

I also think Alliance got the short end of the stick with 2 races that are basically just cosmetic changes to races currently in the alliance.

Leveling is easy but really think it may be a bit much for me to get 6 new races. (only race I don't have high level of is Forsaken and that's because I can't stand them - maybe San'lyn, but I'd prefer one that was just a skeleton.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2017-11-06 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    You left us with a fucking HP train, and not Pantupino's hype train? You're a very dead man indeed, Fahrad.
    I can't hear you, I'm already in bed in Ravenclaw's Tower dormitories, looking at the enchanted ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    For someone who is more technically savvy: how much of the preview was smoke and mirrors? Art wise I believe BfA had the most “complete” of any previous xpac reveal.

Every zone was shown I believe, felt like all the new models were in for the zones (minus a possible Zandalari ship upgrade). Plus 2 dungeons completely finished with no placeholders.

So was all that stuff done or did they just very carefully make it look as good as possible?
    You know, I'm actually not sure this time around.

While a lot of the zones seem pretty far along, and 2 subraces being in a playable yet unfinished state they were still showing UI concepts and such for stuff like Azerite armor which is promised to be a pretty big thing during the expansion. I think after the team was done with Legion they immediately started on art and stuff for the new expansion while the other teams were still working on Legion and are now far behind the art teams.

Then again, level scaling, the new BG and some of the performance improvements are at a point where they can ship it 7.3.5 with subraces at one point (or still) being planned on being shipped before 8.0 as well. It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    You can do that in a week..
    Doesn't seem like an issue to me. I rerolled Draenei Shaman in TBC. And Heirlooms weren't even a thing. Nowadays you just slap on some looms and you level up like crazy. With the new scaling zones leveling with looms will be nice since you don't need to haul ass every few quests to another zone.
    I'm well aware I can do it...pretty quickly too. My problem is that I've already got a lot of characters at or near max level. If I decide I want to make a Void Elf priest do I even bother with my current priest? It feels kinda weird. Not to mention I have to figure this out for 6 different characters.

Obviously that's a silly problem to have but I love story content and leveling so I'll be trying at least to get all 6 up there.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Just gonna leave this here.

https://i.imgur.com/7OA5481.jpg

They are updating the entire zone for the Warfront. My theory of them using this upcoming expansion's war as an in-game excuse to do a huge and total revamp of EK and Kalimdor in 2 expansions is gaining steam. Plus the Horde fricking burns down Teldrassil. Lore-wise, it's completely gone next expansion. They can't just phase it back in after the expansion is over. There's just no way.

They are preparing for a world revamp.
    Well, they said they will revamp relevant zones. If they end up revamping most of the zones in time they might just throw in the remaining ones, but I don’t expect it to happen.

One thing I think that will make this beta, whenever it starts, feel unique is it feels like, judging by what we’ve seen in the demo, that the amount of class changes feels more like another patch instead of an xpac. There’s so few changes outside of reducing the power of some utility (imo because they don’t find mass aoe stubs in M+ uninteresting) and adding back some pruned utility. That’s it.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I can't hear you, I'm already in bed in Ravenclaw's Tower dormitories, looking at the enchanted ceiling.

Suuuuure you are

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I think that will make this beta, whenever it starts, feel unique is it feels like, judging by what we’ve seen in the demo, that the amount of class changes feels more like another patch instead of an xpac. There’s so few changes outside of reducing the power of some utility (imo because they don’t find mass aoe stubs in M+ uninteresting) and adding back some pruned utility. That’s it.
    Either they hid most changes or they feel things are fine in Legion which I don't know HOW they can think that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Either they hid most changes or they feel things are fine in Legion which I don't know HOW they can think that.
    Ironic.
    /tenchars

So, with HOTS and Overwatch patching in it's BlizzCon content to their PTRs today, is there any hope WoW launches it's 7.3.5 PTR too?

Pretty please?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Random Thought™

Anyone else notice how Tiragarde Sound and Zuldazar are huge compared to the other zones? Like double the size.

Is a lot of that taken up by the faction capital? Or are we basically getting 4 zones advertised as 3?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    So, with HOTS and Overwatch patching in it's BlizzCon content to their PTRs today, is there any hope WoW launches it's 7.3.5 PTR too?

Pretty please?
    While possible and fitting in with the extremely small breaks they've been having between PTRs I'm assuming that the WoW team is taking a bit of a break right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Don’t you play a ret pally? /pity

How they could think that: Blizzard always has a tendency to swing the complete other way on their pendulum to fix things and over correct. Legion essentially had as a main feature massive class changes. I don’t know how large the demographic is but I’d say there’s a fair amount of people who do not like the constant class and spec revamps and want things to be stable. Maybe they took it to the other extreme this time and are going to for the first time let things just settle with classes and not touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    While possible and fitting in with the extremely small breaks they've been having between PTRs I'm assuming that the WoW team is taking a bit of a break right now.
    I think they said a few weeks at Blizzcon but might be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post

Pretty please?
    Personally I don’t think there’s a chance they launch ptr until Antorus hits on the 28th since 7.3.5 will spoil the ending of the raid. With at minimum the Silithus BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don’t you play a ret pally? /pity

How they could think that: Blizzard always has a tendency to swing the complete other way on their pendulum to fix things and over correct. Legion essentially had as a main feature massive class changes. I don’t know how large the demographic is but I’d say there’s a fair amount of people who do not like the constant class and spec revamps and want things to be stable. Maybe they took it to the other extreme this time and are going to for the first time let things just settle with classes and not touch them.
    I play...many things. I get people not wanting changing so much when things aren't good, things should be changed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi