Poll: Will you Pick Underrated Specs in Vanilla PvE

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will You Pick Underrated Specs in Vanilla for PvE?

Will you go against the norm and try to make them work?
    Or you gonna play it safe and pick the most successful specs?
    Don't you fear not being invited to raids and groups?

For some reason i really want to play an Enh Shaman in Vanilla but i fear not getting picked for anything since i will be playing with strangers and without a friendly guild.

Unusual Specs:
    Druid
    Blance
    Feral (DPS)
    Feral (Tank)
    Hunter
    Beast Mastery
    Survival
    Paladin
    Retribution
    Protection
    Priest
    Discipline
    Shadow
    Shaman
    Elemental
    Enhancement
    Warlock
    Affliction
    Demonology

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747736615

10+ Year Old Account
    For Raids you won't get invited unless you're :

Tank: Warrior
    Healer: Priest or Shaman/Paladin
    Caster: Mage or Warlock
    Melee: Rogue or geared Warrior

So there's essentially 2 choices per role, and only 1 for tank. Good luck rolling a Druid of any spec, I believe only 2 are taken per raid.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    So there's essentially 2 choices per role, and only 1 for tank. Good luck rolling a Druid of any spec, I believe only 2 are taken per raid.
    Min/Maxing wont be such a thing as it was 10 years ago. Not millions of players will play classic, it will most likely be 500k across all regions.

1. There is a lot less choice among "available" players.
    2. The rotation of every spec is trivial nowadays. Every "decent" player from today will be able to play every classic spec at its former "pro" level 'cause of the 2 buttons rotations.
    3. Every "outsider" spec brings something unique and useful. The point is that the raid must be willing to utilize that, and since the new classic is "for fun" and not "for the most fame", they'll be much more willing to do so.

I would love to see guilds that try to tackle content using non-optimal specs. Especially since we're we all know most of these encounters, how to gear, questlines, etc. Would provide an additional challenge and would be less obsessed about progression and more about challenges and re-experience the WoW of old, while having a social atmosphere.

Would love to join a guild like that, for the fun.

Deleted
    I'll definitely level up with what I find the most enjoyable, but I'm not expecting to get a raid spot with a garbage spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilux View Post
    I would love to see guilds that try to tackle content using non-optimal specs. Especially since we're we all know most of these encounters, how to gear, questlines, etc. Would provide an additional challenge and would be less obsessed about progression and more about challenges and re-experience the WoW of old, while having a social atmosphere.

Would love to join a guild like that, for the fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    3. Every "outsider" spec brings something unique and useful. The point is that the raid must be willing to utilize that, and since the new classic is "for fun" and not "for the most fame", they'll be much more willing to do so.
    You guys have too much faith in the WoW community I lost all faith
    With that said, i really hope you are right and that this specs will be accepted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    Min/Maxing wont be such a thing as it was 10 years ago. Not millions of players will play classic, it will most likely be 500k across all regions.

1. There is a lot less choice among "available" players.
    2. The rotation of every spec is trivial nowadays. Every "decent" player from today will be able to play every classic spec at its former "pro" level 'cause of the 2 buttons rotations.
    I wish this was the case, I really do. I wanna play an enhancement shaman, but how am I supposed to keep up in raids without tier bonuses? There is no DPS tier for hybrids AFAIK. Before patch 1.12, enhancement shamans couldn't even use Stormstrike because of the boss debuff limit. There's a lot of stupid limitations in vanilla like this that make many specs near useless
    Last edited by Trollfat; 2017-11-06 at 10:10 PM.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

7+ Year Old Account
    I will go undead rogue
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

people will play what they deem fun, and make their own experience in a true rpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    I will go undead rogue
    That was my initial thought...it will be a easy mode experience.

I will only pick shaman if i'm feeling adventurous because i really don't want to heal :S
    Will people even look at me if i pick Enh Shaman?

I wish this was the case, I really do. I wanna play an enhancement shaman, but how am I supposed to keep up in raids without tier bonuses? There is no DPS tier for hybrids AFAIK. Before patch 1.12, enhancement shamans couldn't even use Stormstrike because of the boss debuff limit. There's a lot of stupid limitations in vanilla like this that make many specs near useless
    I'll try feral tank. I'll just do it and if a raid doesn't find a geared warrior off-tank, and they say thay won't take me as a feral, then it's their problem, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

I will only pick shaman if i'm feeling adventurous because i really don't want to heal :S
    Depends were you will place yourself.

The private-server crowd, the "I have done this 10 times before" will just min-max, what the second poster posted is how WoW vanilla is played, every other class is considered useless apart from being buff bots, Druids to Innervate , Paladins for Blessings, etc etc.

You can totally play Enh Shaman with some random guild for fun to kill MC/ZG etc.

7+ Year Old Account

Enh was good in pvp. Especially with sulfuras. Imo you wont have problems in group content.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

You guys have too much faith in the WoW community I lost all faith
    With that said, i really hope you are right and that this specs will be accepted.
    It won't be the community as a whole, but I'm pretty sure there's a lot of more relaxed players, looking for slightly slower progression and mostly a good social environment, that'll form guilds together. Since it's "done" content, the competitive aspect won't be as valued and for a lot of people they're just seeking the feelings of nostalgia and the tighter focus on being social.

There are many solutions, like creating a guild like that, either in the realm or organizing from the forums, or to search among the guilds for a guild of that sorts (talking with their leaders). I doubt it'll be wide, but there's certainly enough people who aren't hellbent to min/max or rush content and who just want to enjoy a good social environment, to create a couple of guilds. Also, some would probably like the challenge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Depends were you will place yourself.

The private-server crowd, the "I have done this 10 times before" will just min-max, what the second poster posted is how WoW vanilla is played, every other class is considered useless apart from being buff bots, Druids to Innervate , Paladins for Blessings, etc etc.

You can totally play Enh Shaman with some random guild for fun to kill MC/ZG etc.
    those private server only players wont make it into top guilds. the top top top guilds are going to want current raid progression on retail, not "i beat bwl on nost lolz"

For Raids you won't get invited unless you're :

Tank: Warrior
    Healer: Priest or Shaman/Paladin
    Caster: Mage or Warlock
    Melee: Rogue or geared Warrior

There was room in raids for all classes just not all speccs.

Druids were used, atleast 2-3 each raid. Combat ress ftw.
    You had an SP to buff warlocks if u had enough to make it worth.
    2-3 Hunters needed for Tranq, kiting etc
    Fury warriors did amazing dps also needed for extra tanks on trash.

So sure, you might have a hard time joining a guild if you want to be a suboptimal specc but there's always one optimal specc for raiding, just like in current wow. Where you've FOTM speccs and classes but in vanilla they lasted for the entire game.

In instances you could pretty much play whatever u wanted. Prot paladins and Druids were great for the bigger aoe pulls were most warriors would struggle with aggro etc. Just in a raid enviroment where the most useful spec of each class were expected.
    Last edited by Drefan; 2017-11-06 at 11:04 PM.

Deleted
    Is BM hunter an unusual spec? I remember it being pretty good, at least for leveling. Or was that later vanilla / TBc?

I'd be leveling a Rogue anyway. Would prefer to go Subtlety, think that's a spec of choice. Didn't play Vanilla for very long ;o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Is BM hunter an unusual spec? I remember it being pretty good, at least for leveling. Or was that later vanilla / TBc?
    From what i read yes it was good for leveling. Not for raiding.