Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because he doesn't know what's coming next. None of us actually know about the Void Lords yet.
    No one on Azeroth checks wowpedia.
    Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because he doesn't know what's coming next. None of us actually know about the Void Lords yet.
    And what does backup your theory that he doesn't know what is coming next? Did he knew the Legion 2 expansions before us and now he doesn't have a clue of what is coming next?

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea. It's either Wrathion or the Desolate Council that's scheming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post

It is covered in Azunite before it burns so its more like Nelfs covered it to make it stronger and give them immortality perhaps, horde did not like that and burned it.
    Did Blizz say they covered it in Azurite? That pic doesn't really look special compared to how Teldrassil normally looks in the canon.

Nice find OP, this seems a lot more plausible then the 'war over silithus wound resources' theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernobyll View Post
    And what does backup your theory that he doesn't know what is coming next? Did he knew the Legion 2 expansions before us and now he doesn't have a clue of what is coming next?
    Because we all knew about the Legion...?

There's actual evidence that they were still trying to find us, we knew of their existence, we've seen them before.

We've never seen a Void Lord in game. No one's ever talked about them except vaguely saying "Hey the Void is pretty dangerous guys". As far as we know, the biggest threat is Old Gods. In game, we have no idea about their origins.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    at this point, nerds would have sylv burn down their houses and will still be defending her, it's that pathetic really

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's certaintly a more plausible explanation than Sylvanus doing it.
    Is it?

We've seen the prologue of the new novel, she's talking about attacking Stormwind before the army has had a chance to rest after the fight against the Legion. And all because Genn stopped her from enslaving Eyir for her own selfish reasons? (Yes, I'm calling bullshit on her wanting more Val'kyr to raise more Forsaken, she wants them to keep taking her place in hell.)

I like this theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Is it?

We've seen the prologue of the new novel, she's talking about attacking Stormwind before the army has had a chance to rest after the fight against the Legion. And all because Genn stopped her from enslaving Eyir for her own selfish reasons? (Yes, I'm calling bullshit on her wanting more Val'kyr to raise more Forsaken, she wants them to keep taking her place in hell.)
    You just wrote something that back my theory. All you're saying is that she is somehow benefiting herself from her acts. Burning down Teldrassil is not going to give her anything but an Alliance army on her doors next morning. There is no gain in destroying Teldrassil for NOTHING. Attacking Stormwind after the army is tired etc, that gives her some advantage and that is even strategic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I'm fairly certain it's gonna be Nomi...
    After the war with the Legion, Nomi went to Teladrassil to cook a celebratory feast.... yeah... I could see that fat dumbass burning down a entire city trying to cook...

15+ Year Old Account
    You just wrote something that back my theory. All you're saying is that she is somehow benefiting herself from her acts. Burning down Teldrassil is not going to give her anything but an Alliance army on her doors next morning. There is no gain in destroying Teldrassil for NOTHING. Attacking Stormwind after the army is tired etc, that gives her some advantage and that is even strategic.
    So very wrong how can she fight a war on Stormwind when the night elf capitol is that close to Org burning down Teldrassil would take a huge toll on the Nightelf forces and at the same time protect Org from being attacked by it while she fights a war on Stormwind.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Wonder, as a black dragon and the self appointed Aspect of the Earth, what his knowledge and plans for azerite is?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Is it?

Yup...and sadly all she has to do is yell "For the Horde" and everyone is lining up to pretend she is some innocent flower that would never hurt a fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Burning down Teldrassil would be robbing Gilneans of a second home, she is that petty. Genn stole her immortality remember?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    After the war with the Legion, Nomi went to Teladrassil to cook a celebratory feast.... yeah... I could see that fat dumbass burning down a entire city trying to cook...
    This has my vote, he is still burning my food after over a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    This has my vote, he is still burning my food after over a year.
    What if Nomi is N'zoth in disguise.
    Hey

7+ Year Old Account
    I have reconsidered my position. I stood that the alliance hit the Horde first in BfA (or previously) and caused the battle, but the truth is: the Alliance didn't hit first the Horde this time. Neither the Horde hit the Alliance.

It wouldn't make sense to Anduin to attack Lordaeron, even with Genn influence. He would be above that.
    It wouldn't make any sense for the Horde to simply retaliate and burn down Teldrassil. I would expect them to hit hard back at Stormwind if that was the case.

And why the Horde didn't burn Teldrassil at first? Some said it would be strategic to not have an Alliance capital closer to Orgrimmar. But Sylvannas is not in Orgrimmar. She shits in Undercity. Why would she mess with the Alliance in Kallimdor just to have the entire Alliance marching to get her? She is way too clever to do this.
    It is not even strategic to hit Teldrassil. It is too far away from both Thunder Bluff and Orgrimmar.

Why would Wrathion then burn down Teldrassil?

Well, here is how it starts.

He wanted Varian to destroy the Horde and "unite" the world under the banner of the alliance (probably he wanted the horde dead anyway).

Wrathion lured Sylvanas and setup things to make look like the Horde burned down Teldrassil, among other things. He has enough power to incinerate Teldrassil, no doubt. She may even try to stop him, knowing what that will lead. How can she explain herself to the Alliance? They still think she betrayed them at Broken Shore. Would anyone listen to her? Genn? Her sisters?

Further evidences: In the demo played at Blizzcon, Wrathion is in Stormwind along with the Alliance leaders.
    Is he also in Orgrimmar? Answer is short: no.

Remember Wrathion words: "Next time, I will leave nothing to chance".
    What would make a war escalation without causing much problems to the alliance? Maybe burn down Teldrassil, why not? Wouldn't be reasonable to hit back the Horde HARD after they burned Teldrassil down?

Wrathion is, after all, a Black Dragon, and has manipulated both Alliance and Horde before. Why not do it again?

Given the facts, this is very acceptable.
    I think is more credible the idea that was the Desolate Council who wants to overthrow Sylvanas and thwart her plans... I think is more credible Nobble speculation about that:
    https://twitter.com/Nobbel87/status/927317038950961152

maybe Wrathion will play a role in that, pushing Anduin at war... but I think will se the Desolate Council acting like Putress did...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Burning down Teldrassil would be robbing Gilneans of a second home, she is that petty. Genn stole her immortality remember?
    She could have killed Genn in Stormhein, he walked away while she was angry at her lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    What if Nomi is N'zoth in disguise.
    Nah, Nomi is the new firelord forget whoever the guy the shamans made firelord. Nomi is the true firelord.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I've said it since we heard about the burning, it's either going to set up Undead's allied race with Sylvanas doing this to raise the dead elves as her own (Dead elves were the most popular choice for a undead subrace) OR it's a setup to paint her as the villain when in reality it's someone else who's behind it. My bet is Azshara or the new council but it could just as well be Wrathion too as it would be the only way for Anduin to make a move against the horde, you have to remember that Wrathion leans towards the alliance side.

It is weird that (possibly) Vereesa is lying there right next to Sylvanas as she's looking at it though, when you zoomed in on the elf she was dressed in blue clothing, the same blue clothing she use in-game.

It sucks that we have to wait 6 months to find out.