Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    never understand anyway why real pvp gamers come in warcraft to do pvp things, the game is like 90% pve and pvp at 10% is just there to fill the bowl ;p but if blizzard try to force us pve gamers to do fucking pvp things, there will be a legion of raging post on the forum, you can count on that lol !

I guess their is two sorts of wPvP player:

- the ones longing for epic faction conflics, bitt like a 10.000 vs 10.000 world sized BG. These players should be thrilled by the announcements
    - the ones that want for whatever reason inflict misery on others, the girefers, the gankers, the corpse campers, the bullies. These are the ones crying out at the announcement as their hapless torture victims are allowed to escape

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Well, yeah, that's the idea of sharding. What I meant is if you don't see anyone, it means absolutely no one gives a damn about world PvP
    You see people enjoying battle grounds. They are now basically handed a battleground on a truly epic scale, thousands against thousands in a battle sprawling many continents.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I guess their is two sorts of wPvP player:

- the ones longing for epic faction conflics, bitt like a 10.000 vs 10.000 world sized BG. These players should be thrilled by the announcements
    - the ones that want for whatever reason inflict misery on others, the girefers, the gankers, the corpse campers, the bullies. These are the ones crying out at the announcement as their hapless torture victims are allowed to escape

- - - Updated - - -

You see people enjoying battle grounds. They are now basically handed a battleground on a truly epic scale, thousands against thousands in a battle sprawling many continents.
    Well the truly epic scale is something like 40v40 or whatever the shard player limit is. Unless they really amped up the server tech.
    I remember in WoD the 40 man raid multiboxer going against a 40 man normal raid give or take couple more players not in the raid and it lagged the server unplayable, might have been few more than that.
    At least maximum of 200 in one zone at one given time, i think some streamer got banned for gathering multiple raids around 200 players in to 1 zone location and it crashed the server.
    So 10k v 10k probably isn't happening unless the servers are running on superconductors..

Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    Well the truly epic scale is something like 40v40 or whatever the shard player limit is. Unless they really amped up the server tech.
    I remember in WoD the 40 man raid multiboxer going against a 40 man normal raid give or take couple more players not in the raid and it lagged the server unplayable, might have been few more than that.
    At least maximum of 200 in one zone at one given time, i think some streamer got banned for gathering multiple raids around 200 players in to 1 zone location and it crashed the server.
    So 10k v 10k probably isn't happening unless the servers are running on superconductors..
    Good point. They never said what the next xpac server would be able to support in terms of concurrent player numbers in a shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You are the pure aids of a MMORPG gamer. You basically said, you rather see a few people then a crowded town? Sorry but what? Seriously what the fuck are you doing in a MMORPG?
    Then I guess you're super aids?

You'll still see an equal amount of people, they'll just be ready to deal with you. Doesn't that sound fun? It does to me.

Oh, wait, but you want a world where everyone is PvP enabled so you can stroke your own ego by attacking people who are low on health without dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Not a PC problem, a fantasy problem. Why would the world need heroes and champion if there are 50 of them picking up flowers for some farmer NPC? It's fucking ridiculous. I can see the point of having 50 people charging at a giant demon threatening a village, but for shitty quests that NPCs should do by themselves, it looks very bad when there's a lot of people. The game feels alive enough as it is right now, I see some people here and there while questing, actually quite a lot on argus, I don't feel the need to see more and I wouldn't feel bad if there was a little less.
    There's a few quest (that the RPer in my dislikes) that implies the Adventurers are incapable of sitting still for long periods of time, so if they don't get something to deal with, they'll go looking for something to do. The text for the Once More With Eeling quest from Cata essentially consists of your character killing an ell and then using circular logic to justify killing more eels
    Last edited by ThatOnePsycho; 2017-11-06 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    And see alot less then you usually do? its about seeing ur realm split up in 2 different kinda playerbase with the sharding and if we are even more unlucky, there is gonna be sharding inside sharding.
    so you cry that you cant gank anymore? rofl

People, for years, have complained that there are so few venues to viably do World PvP in WoW. They also talked a big game about how it's a popular activity for PvP. Now that people will have the option to viably do that with other like-minded people, it's suddenly going to kill WoW and the servers will be "dead"? Can't have it both ways.

The only people that get the shit end of the stick in this decision are people that don't actually want to PvP because their idea of "player versus player" is going to Northshire and one-shotting people. They can literally get the same thrill by killing boars in Elwynn, as far as mechanics.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If they ignore you, and you aren't flagged PvP+ by NPCs, that leads to orcs /dancing in Stormwind, right in front of the guards, which is a bit of cognitive dissonance. I don't think that would fly.

Insta-kill guards, and you lose city raids and killing opposite faction leaders. That's a no-go too. Maybe make them only one-shot players who aren't flagged?
    It's the best of all solutions.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Well, depending on the area, yes. Is southshore were still a thing we could possibly have relived some of the old days, without the need of a battleground. With this you could organise something really cool, but I think the world pvp while questing, especially in the older zones, may be fairly lackluster.

We shall see though, I used to enjoy it a decade ago, so if the implementation is good, I may just give it a try again

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The only people that get the shit end of the stick in this decision are people that don't actually want to PvP because their idea of "player versus player" is going to Northshire and one-shotting people. They can literally get the same thrill by killing boars in Elwynn, as far as mechanics.
    This^
    I've been playing on a heavily populated PvP server for years and the only 'PvP' I've seen is getting 1-shot in Thrallmar. Leveling through MoP? No issue. Leveling through WoD? No soul in sight. Leveling in Legion? Everyone's grinding AP, no time to kill peeps
    Last edited by Detheavn; 2017-11-06 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    so you cry that you cant gank anymore? rofl
    Do you even read? Where did ganking come on to mind?
    I am talking about how a shard will be probably be inside shard. And not only that, how does seeing less people, even if they are lower level instantly means i am ganking?
    I don't mind pple have the turn on and off option, but atleast let us see eachother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOnePsycho View Post
    Then I guess you're super aids?

You'll still see an equal amount of people, they'll just be ready to deal with you. Doesn't that sound fun? It does to me.

Oh, wait, but you want a world where everyone is PvP enabled so you can stroke your own ego by attacking people who are low on health without dying.
    What? I never said i want everyone to have pvp enabled, are you putting words in my mouth that aren't there?
    As i said before, i wanna see EVERYONE. PVP on and off players. This is my server i demand to see all the activity. I don't want a more dead realm then it actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I don't PVP, but....Here's what I hope they do with it.

1) PVP Shard-only events. Let's say you're leveling up through STV. You suddenly get a /yell saying that the Alliance is attacking Grom'gar. You get a little thing saying "Do you wish to join in the defense of Grom'gar?", with a small listing of rewards if you do. Gold, xp, piece of gear, whatever. If you click yes, then you get teleported to the center of Grom'gar. Meanwhile, the Alliance get a /yell saying that the Stormwind Army is invading Grom'gar. The Alliance players get a box asking if they want to participate in the assault on Grom'gar, again with the listed rewards. Everyone who clicks 'yes' gets ported to a specific Grom'gar shard with the Horde inside, the Alliance outside and an old fashion PVP-battle commences. No resources, no real 'winning' or 'losing', both sides rez after 15 seconds, and after 15-20 mins of killing each other, the assault ends, everyone gets their rewards and gets ported back to where they were when they clicked the box.

2) World PVP challenges in each zone, similar to Zangar Marsh or the EPL towers.

3) World PVP questlines. Kill x number of opposite faction(within your level range.) Kill the enemy Flight Master to stop reinforcements from coming in. Whatever.

4) Ashran style 'kill the enemy commander', with rewards for both defenders and attackers.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

You guys are very black/white in this subject. It's about seeing less people in the open world now. I don't care if people can toggle it on and off but why can't we all see eachother? Why does 1 side of the playerbase not see the other side. Sorry but this just makes WoW look like a less active game then it already is.
    You just want to gank PvE'ers admit it

This is my server i demand to see all the activity. I don't want a more dead realm then it actually is.
    What about other people on "your" server if they disagree? Or does only your point matter?

"The new WPVP system will solve a lot of these issues as sharding technology will place you into shards with others who have opted into WPVP."

Other words, those who wanna pvp and those who not won't be seeing eachother? Or am i seeing this wrong?
    If so we are gonna see even less players then we already do.
    I'm sorry, are you complaining that you're gonna get phased ONLY with all the other people who want to do wpvp instead of phasing being padded with those who don't? Seriously?

Sharding isn't just your server. If anything, it would improve the state of wpvp...
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-11-06 at 08:56 PM.

"The new WPVP system will solve a lot of these issues as sharding technology will place you into shards with others who have opted into WPVP."

Other words, those who wanna pvp and those who not won't be seeing eachother? Or am i seeing this wrong?
    If so we are gonna see even less players then we already do.
    Your reading comprehension is pretty low isn't it.
    World PvP is already pretty much dead, and those who want to PvP and those who don't are already split across different types of realms anyways.
    For those who want to PvP, this sharding now focuses them into the same phases.

So you will actually see more players than before, since they are now being thrown together on the same shards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I think this change is great, a shame I already spent buttloads of money to transfer my characters off of a pvp realm. If my knowledge of sharding is correct, there won't be a population issue since everyone from different realms is put into a shard to fill up zones.

I'm surprised Blizzard is doing this though. I would think they liked getting the realm transfer money from people who hate wPvP. It's nice to see them give these players a free out. And while I don't particularly like wPvP, I think they could do some really cool things with it now. They could have more wPvP world quests, or events revolving around wPvP.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

What? I never said i want everyone to have pvp enabled, are you putting words in my mouth that aren't there?
    As i said before, i wanna see EVERYONE. PVP on and off players. This is my server i demand to see all the activity. I don't want a more dead realm then it actually is.
    In case you haven't noticed it hasn't worked like that in a long time anymore.. Outside of major cities and current expac continent. The rest of the world has been sharded for a while, where the point is exactly that you're not actually in a dead zone anymore, until this change essentially removes the need for realms entirely, there's no more realms just in game zones and they will not be empty as long as someone somewhere in the world is in that zone. The zones are filled by players in then from every realm, outside of high traffic areas like Goldshire, where your own servers shard might have been full, but during low hours it has been filled by players from other realms to keep it full.
    That's what sharding is.

Essentially what this new change does, it removes the concept of realms entirely from the world. There's no more Outland or whatever the realm is player used to be.
    There's like 2 realms NA PVE and NA PVP or if you live in europe it's EU PVP and EU PVE. But because the game cannot handle a million players being at Goldshire at the same time, the players need to be sharded. 1 shard takes x amount of people, if there's a 100 players shard in Goldshire, it fills that shard with all the players in Goldshire that have pvp toggled on to that same shard until it's full. If more emerge, they go to the next shard as overflow and so on. So essentially you're never again in a dead realm (except there are practically no more realm) it's just the zone you're in. You will see as much if not more people there than now. As long as they are toggled to the same pvp or pve. Only thing really different is you don't have to pay 25 bucks to realm transfer if you don't want to be on pvp realm, you just toggle a button and voila and you can change back too.
    If you want to see 100 people in Goldshire, you will. Only difference is they will all will be pvp on or off, well that's not even difference cause if they are there now they're on the realm of pvp or pve. Difference is that they are in a mode (read as ex-realm) where they want to be. You will see the same amount of people up to the shard capacity as you would now. So basically what happened Blizzard merged about 50 realms to Outland, you now have something like 500k new people to make friends with, instead of the old 100 that dropped to 10. The feature brings more people in to your view since it includes people previously on pve realm if you were on pvp realm now, since you can now play with those also. The concept of realm is nothing more than game system like auction house etc anymore. There's no limitations how many people there's in Goldshire except how many players the servers can handle having there without crashing. Cause there's not really an option to see everyone, there has NEVER been that option. Before this tech came in if you put your entire server pop to one Goldshire inn the server would crash in vanilla and those days, this is supposed to also not make that happen again. The limit is still the same how much the realm or shard or whatever you want to call it can at max handle people in the same location, except now it's probably always going to be at full capacity for most players. If it was 2x 40 man raids back in the day in Goldshire before the server crashed, it's still going to be that possibly more since servers are a little more powerful than back then. You won't be seeing 10k people in Goldshire, no matter what, that's just the game, but you'll see the max amount that is possible by the game. It's up to you then to pretend that that hunter is a pve and that lock is pvp from the olden days even though they will now all be the same either pvp or pve if it's really that important to see every single person ever.

If you want that precise (e)rp partner to be seen in Goldshire, make sure you have pvp toggled to the same, it's not anymore complicated than that.
    If you want to be interracting with same old people, be on the same toggle as they are. Why do you need to see people who you don't interract with?
    Their spots will be filled by other in the same toggle. So you see Jack the rogue in GS every week now, but you've never talked to him. He's a pvp rogue, you're a pve player for example, In the future you will not see Jack, but his "spot" is taken by Peter the Warrior who's also pve player, the amount of players hasn't changed, you'll see the same amount of people you have not spoken to. So what's the difference that makes Jack so important that he has to be seen? He plays the game completely for different purposes than you maybe. Instead you can now perhaps make friends with Peter who's there for the same reason as you are. Just think that Jack went off and paid 25 bucks and server transferred and at the same time Peter did the same and came you your "realm". Except if you must see Jack, you yourself go and switch pvp on and there you go, you can now see Jack, but not Peter. Want to see both, tell Peter to turn his pvp on, but then you won't see Lisa the pve priest cause his spot on the server has now been taken by Peter. This is if the server maximum number of people is 3, which it is not, so you might aswell tell Lisa to go pvp too and 30 others you've never before spoken to but must see in the upstairs room of that inn.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-11-06 at 10:36 PM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And see alot less then you usually do? its about seeing ur realm split up in 2 different kinda playerbase with the sharding and if we are even more unlucky, there is gonna be sharding inside sharding.

Which means, you gonna see what? Daily a few people tops? Happy MMO ur playing.
    They'd be people I wouldn't be able to attack anyway under this system. If there really are only a few people flagging themselves for PvP, that's a new problem to solve.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the worst thing people keep telling Blizzard. Ever played on an actually OVERCROWDED realm? They fucking ruin them with sharding because the realm gets less active then it used to be, because the zone is too crowded.

Sorry that your realm is a shitty dead one, but actual alive ones suffer hard from it.
    But i guess you dont care since you probably want no lag in ur area and no people bothering you while questing.
    I have. It's a pain between players on flying mounts sniping and 1 shotting mobs. Sharding isn't perfect (want to see the limit go up and prefer guildmates to be on my shard) by any means, but it's preferable to dead or overcongested realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    "Pvp is no fun, if the other players are capable and enjoys it as well"
    I like to jump onto PvP servers, knowing full well what that entails, and change it to accommodate my PvE playstyle. People who don't like this change are crybabies!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reffan View Post
    I am more than happy with that system.
    Yeah, because it doesn't negatively effect you. You already had this system on the PvE servers you seem to prefer, so tell me you were playing on one of those instead of a PvP server like I played on.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    Yeah, because it doesn't negatively effect you. You already had this system on the PvE servers you seem to prefer, so tell me you were playing on one of those instead of a PvP server like I played on.
    It would seem that Burning Legion EU is and always was a PVP server.
    Last edited by randomnamegenerator16; 2017-11-07 at 12:01 AM.