Poll: Will you Pick Underrated Specs in Vanilla PvE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That was my initial thought...it will be a easy mode experience.

I will only pick shaman if i'm feeling adventurous because i really don't want to heal :S
    Will people even look at me if i pick Enh Shaman?
    horde had one token enhance who gave the tanks imp windfury totem for threat generation and tremor

Vanilla could play out a lot differently just because the game is completely figured out now. If I recall, warriors were basically the only tanking characters in the game until late vanilla when people realized you could use druids in bear form. It should be pretty interesting to see what classes that were considered pretty bad (ret pallies) can actually do this time around.

Didn't vanilla also have a limit to how many debuffs you could have on the boss and fire mages couldn't damage fire elementals? I'm not sure why so many people want vanilla. Burning crusade is basically vanilla but more polished.

The higher tiers of raiding will make it increasingly hard for raids to bring in those undesirable specs no matter how good you are at playing them...you'll simply have troubles finding raid gear that's designed for them. The Warrior Plate is designed for Prot, The Paladin Plate is designed for Holy. etc.. There are a few odd pieces here and there that, for example, feral druids can fight with the rogues over...but for the most part the gear available to your class dictates the spec you are meant to play in.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The higher tiers of raiding will make it increasingly hard for raids to bring in those undesirable specs no matter how good you are at playing them...you'll simply have troubles finding raid gear that's designed for them. The Warrior Plate is designed for Prot, The Paladin Plate is designed for Holy. etc.. There are a few odd pieces here and there that, for example, feral druids can fight with the rogues over...but for the most part the gear available to your class dictates the spec you are meant to play in.
    There's also the fact there's a lot more fluidity between the specs.

"Ret" Paladins were mostly in the Holy tree, and all Paladins could heal raids perfectly fine no matter their spec.

Warriors could spec down to MS and tank perfectly fine through MC and BWL, while effectively running a DPS spec with sword and board.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    There's also the fact there's a lot more fluidity between the specs.

"Ret" Paladins were mostly in the Holy tree, and all Paladins could heal raids perfectly fine no matter their spec.

Warriors could spec down to MS and tank perfectly fine through MC and BWL, while effectively running a DPS spec with sword and board.
    As I said "The Higher Tiers of raiding will make it harder"

MC is not High Tier Raiding. That's the entry point. It gets harder from there.

And as you said: "all Paladins could heal raids perfectly fine no matter their spec". Raids didn't bring in the Paladins to Tank or DPS...they were brought to heal.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-11-06 at 11:41 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said "The Higher Tiers of raiding will make it harder"

MC is not High Tier Raiding. That's the entry point. It gets harder from there.

And as you said: "all Paladins could heal raids perfectly fine no matter their spec". Raids didn't bring in the Paladins to Tank or DPS...they were brought to heal.
    ...Okay? Not sure why you're being antagonistic, I was agreeing with you.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-11-06 at 11:46 PM.

Arcane Mage ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

...Okay? Not sure why you're being antagonistic, I was agreeing with you.
    Were you? Then I apologize for the misunderstanding....it seemed to me that you were arguing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many false claims about fury/arms, both did just fine as pve dps - you just needed to have the right gear to make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you? Then I apologize for the misunderstanding....it seemed to me that you were arguing.
    Not at all. I was agreeing with you, Vanilla has a lot of nuance and "Spec" doesn't dictate what you can and cannot do at all because the base classes had a lot more built-in.

There's a shitload of people out there who are not going to understand that a Paladin with no talent points spent whatsoever is able to heal the entry level raids. Or that a Shadow Priest can act as a perfectly decent healer out of Shadowform. Or that there's some things like Eviscerate that have static damage, so you can kill raid-geared players using white daggers.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    fire mages couldn't damage fire elementals?
    MC was a nightmare for firemages, I had to go as frost. I wonder if they will still allow a mage to be invised while casting Pyroblast to near 1 shot people hehe.

If I play I will be a Resto Shaman.

Classic support class.

Not at all. I was agreeing with you, Vanilla has a lot of nuance and "Spec" doesn't dictate what you can and cannot do at all because the base classes had a lot more built-in.

There's a shitload of people out there who are not going to understand that a Paladin with no talent points spent whatsoever is able to heal the entry level raids. Or that a Shadow Priest can act as a perfectly decent healer out of Shadowform. Or that there's some things like Eviscerate that have static damage, so you can kill raid-geared players using white daggers.
    That is true. Although, Blizzard did mention that there were some bugs, exploits and such they might try and patch up...so some of these things may or may not be true when the Classic Servers come online. We'll have to see what actually happens.

But yeah. I think I'm understanding you better now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celawien View Post
    MC was a nightmare for firemages, I had to go as frost.
    Can confirm. Was in the same boat. Spamming frost bolt and Decurse (with Decursive).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Didn't vanilla also have a limit to how many debuffs you could have on the boss and fire mages couldn't damage fire elementals? I'm not sure why so many people want vanilla. Burning crusade is basically vanilla but more polished.
    Yup. I have a distinct feeling that a lot of the people that want Vanilla back ACTUALLY want TBC back...

That said, I think things like Elementals being immune to their related elements, and all the things like debuff limits, which were actualy technical limitations, not dev choices will be changed.

So while the game will be "Vanilla" it'll be an idealised version, with decent debuff levels, no fire immunes in MC etcetc.

As for the OP's question, I'll probably play either Prot Pally... If I play at all, which is still up for debate.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    From what I understand, they might balance stuff, such as retri pally who was practically useless until Wrath of the lich king. They were just used for buffs

Want to play Balance, but wont be able to raid so yey..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    From what i read yes it was good for leveling. Not for raiding.
    Hunters are the ones to pull/tranq shot, so still taken to raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    I wish this was the case, I really do. I wanna play an enhancement shaman, but how am I supposed to keep up in raids without tier bonuses? There is no DPS tier for hybrids AFAIK. Before patch 1.12, enhancement shamans couldn't even use Stormstrike because of the boss debuff limit. There's a lot of stupid limitations in vanilla like this that make many specs near useless
    Blizzard could quite easily remove the debuff limit but 90% of the people posting in this section will cry havoc about it not being the authentic vanilla experience they think they're entitled too. I saw a youtube comment about this from Towellie.

Towelliee
    1 day ago (edited)
    Contrary to popular belief by internet spergs I am in fact happy for the Classic community. Although in beginning this will cause the usual tension between retail and private everyone will eventually fail into their own zone for Wow. I will play classic but never over the newest Content and raids. I been playing this game for 13 years and regardless of the hatred some community's have to one another we all share the same passion and love which is World of Warcraft. Looks like we are a bit away from Classic and I mean a lot. So as we get closer to a release date I will update my schedule for it.

Now what I know. Not much except a lot has to change for Classic to come to life in the current model. Players will beg for QoL changes but will Blizzard bend? Will there be class tuning? Will AV take 18 hours? Remember this is a business move by Blizzard and they do want to attract current non classic players.

Just don't join a douchey min/max guild. Just gear/play your spec properly in a less hard core guild.

I was in a server first (horde) MC and BWL clearing guild back in Vanilla. We had a wide variety of classes and specs. The only thing that was kind of locked in place was warrior tanks. Honestly, back then, the guild officers didn't even check specs (I'd sometimes cheat and heal outside shadow form as shadow spec, when I couldn't afford a respec). They just wanted people to have good attendance.

If the community, as a whole, is stuck in a retail world first mentality, I probably won't play on the server for long.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .