Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Ah, an intelligent argument. Yeah, the US is leading the world in tech at the moment. Good point.

I'd kind of forgotten that in this sea of clueless militarism.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what your point is. The US is better because it starts wars with much greater inherent disadvantages?....ok.
    I mean considering OP was stating that there are 3rd world countries that could beat the US since they can conscript more people..... regardless of your feelings on the US you have to admit that is just hilarious. Large formations of people are fodder for an A-10

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what your point is. The US is better because it starts wars with much greater inherent disadvantages?....ok.
    My point is that the US is more capable because even fighting a war on the other side of the planet the main stopping points are political in nature rather than capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheorynPhilispohy View Post
    I guess I will get hate from Americans here, but from facts and figures from 2017 America is in a bad place.

Economy is bad, China will be the best economic power in decades to come
    Military wise, third world countries have more men power that could serve in a war.
    Politics are unstable. Sure, every country has unstable politics, but in America LAND OF THE FREE?
    Racial tensions are up high. Not surprise there, but an educated country would not different, no?

I am trying to stay away from 'oh he is just bashing US".

But please stop saying its still a powerful country.

1) Economy is bad? Compared to what? Say what you will about Trump as a person, but for the economy of the States he's been great. And not sure if you've figured out world economics, but if the US tanks China is right behind them.
    2) Technology>Manpower. Not sure how you think those 3rd world countries are going to defeat the US when they cant even detect what is killing them.
    3) This is nothing more then a slightly exaggerated hysteria that gets blown into epic proportions by Liberal media in order to sell subs/papers etc... Take a look at the Republican media when a Democrat is president, same crap....
    4) Not overly high... basically been riding the same wave for 30+ years. Social media and 24/7 news coverage makes it seem more prevalent and constant.

basically, you are just saying shit with no idea of what you are talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Let me know when the rest of the world lands a man on the moon, puts rovers on mars, launches probes to an asteroid 4 billion miles away, and a telescope that out performs Hubble!

Until then, the rest of the world is 50 years behind us.
    Canada says hi... since you know... you wouldnt be doing those things without their help....

I guess I will get hate from Americans here, but from facts and figures from 2017 America is in a bad place.

Military wise, third world countries have more men power that could serve in a war.
    Politics are unstable. Sure, every country has unstable politics, but in America LAND OF THE FREE?
    Racial tensions are up high. Not surprise there, but an educated country would not different, no?

You do realize man power doesn't equate to a better military right?

America is still a powerful country, the problem is people think it's the most powerful. From a military standpoint it absolutely is...however power isn't just based on the military.

There is definitely some form of superiority complex within some communities, having said that, the points you put forward are all bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Oh boy, this is gonna be fun...

Aren't we talking about 2017?

Oh yeah? Mind to point to a source of a more funded and established military? I'll wait.

Oh wow, a system that isn't fair to hard working everyday Americans is coming under attack by the younger generation. THE HUMANITY!!!1

Depends who you are listening to. Media likes to play that angle up for ratings. It's not the only angle they abuse, but it sure gets the people all riled up.

Well when you come off as uneducated on the matter and literally give ZERO sources to back up any of your points, people will rightly label you as bashing.

Maybe when it's true, until then go troll elsewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I mean considering OP was stating that there are 3rd world countries that could beat the US since they can conscript more people..... regardless of your feelings on the US you have to admit that is just hilarious. Large formations of people are fodder for an A-10
    If they did that, yes. Though it would be less expensive to pay them off than gun them down.

The problem for the US is they do not do that any more. If they use guerrila tactics then manpower counts for a lot. A lot more than very expensive hardware which too many people fetishize in this thread.

Jesus...the level of delusion amongst you people is extraordinary. I don't recall even the Soviets pretending they won in Afghanistan.

I'll admit...The US does seem to lead the world in propagandizing its own people.
    no one said we "won" we lost the political will to finish the fight because the only way to destroy a insurgency like the type seen in Vietnam is to use very heavy handed methods that we were unwilling to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    the original question was about power.

not education
    not crime
    not poverty

We have power in spades.
    There is more to power than just military, look at Vietnam........small little army and we got our asses handed to us "in spades"
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

America is powerful, and a pretty decent place to live.

I do think many Americans try to claim the success of their countrymen despite not doing anything to continue Americas greatness. I'm just a regular guy that America could take or leave, but at least I admit it.

Aside from all the stuff that has been discussed is the quasi leader of NATO and has strong alliances with S Korea and Japan (Philippines lesser degree), Australia, New Zealand. Also when you guys talk about China's/Russia's power, but the US has the ability to project their power across the planet, and would be almost impossible to invade. You know what China has instead? India. Although the Chinese would smoke India in a war at the moment having India right on their ass during some sort of protracted global war is a huge damper on their ability to wage war elsewhere unless India is Switzerland in this situation or an ally. I think the most likely situation would be it would look like Soviet/Nazi relations circa 1940 except with MUCH higher stakes. I don't even like talking about it in a military context though, if the whole world disarmed we would still wield the most influence.

Another random thing to consider is natural resources, we are not Russia/Canada/Saudi Arabia status in terms of oil and other stuff, but we are better on this front than a lot of other strong countries like China or Germany.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

We may suck at a lot of things, but if there's one thing we're fucking good at, it's blowing shit up.

And who blows shit up? The Armed forces - no one doubts we can level a small country if we wanted to.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    no one said we "won" we lost the political will to finish the fight because the only way to destroy a insurgency like the type seen in Vietnam is to use very heavy handed methods that we were unwilling to use.
    Very fucking restrained the US military was: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not throw in Vietnam?

You people tend to come across like really sore losers in denial.
    Just because you are too stupid to understand the difference between war and occupation.....

- - - Updated - - -

If they did that, yes. Though it would be less expensive to pay them off than gun them down.

The problem for the US is they do not do that any more. If they use guerrila tactics then manpower counts for a lot. A lot more than very expensive hardware which too many people fetishize in this thread.
    Guerrilla tactics are more effective with small number than large, that is why it is used. You really should just quit commenting on military matters, you know nothing about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Very fucking restrained the US military was: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html
    Actually the US WAS restrained, hence the reason Hanoi wasn't a smoking ruin by the end.

Because you can't really paint 323 million people with the same brush. I'm pretty sure someone would be quick to point out the difference if an American said, "how come Western Europeans think _____"

even the article admits there is no proof just words of village leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    How much do you know about the Second Sino-Japanese War? You talk about us atrocity's but do you have any idea what the japanese did? 10-20 million dead chinese civilians, Unit 731 and stuff like the nanking massacre etc etc the list is very long. They where far far far worse when it comes to atrocity's its not even close.

Its funny people know all about nazi germany but very little about what the japanese did. Dont think school teach that i know mine didnt i had to learn it all by myself.
    You are comparing us with Nazi Germany and their Japanese ally as far as our morality goes

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    You are comparing us with Nazi Germany and their Japanese ally as far as our morality goes
    Says the guy happy to have murdered 200k women, children and old people for the appearance of finally winning a war.

About next time attack their military with nukes, cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Says the guy happy to have saved millions women, children and old people for the not condemning half of Japan to half a century of poverty and tyranny.
    Fixed... sort of.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Says the guy happy to have murdered 200k women, children and old people for the appearance of finally winning a war.

You are obviously not aware that all sides conducted strategic bombing of enemy cities in WWII. Try reading a history book instead of using it as a booster seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You are obviously not aware that all sides conducted strategic bombing of enemy cities in WWII. Try reading a history book instead of using it as a booster seat.
    Savage!!

well played kellhound