Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The only changes i want are a few quality of life changes such as flight path chaining. When it comes to spec viability keep it like it was. All specs could find their own enjoyment and every class had a role they could do in raids. You didn't even need to be good outside Tanking and a few key players the rest could be carried. I remember raids with boomkins,dps shamans ect. You couldn't have that many but you can carry a good number of dps. Granted i played and likely would play a warrior again so class balance was always fine for me lol. I could dps good in raids as fury or tank. When it comes to PVP go arms and smash faces.

Edit: They better not remove the "exploit" that allows you to wall jump into Hyjal. I fully plan to do that once 60 for old times sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I don't remember all the details of the conversation, but I don't remember saying that there wouldn't be different opinions about what people wanted. That seems like an obvious point, considering that neither pro- nor anti-Legacy people act as a hive mind. I do however think that people who want Classic + changes don't actually want Classic and should not expect or try to get changes implemented into it.

Any edited version of "Classic" that is not an iteration which has already existed at some point is not Classic. This is obvious to both of us.
    Dammit, how can I argue with you being all reasonable. (grump...)

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The problem is what happens going forward? Will they be vanilla forever or will it roll forward in time? Why play anything other than a warrior, priest, druid, rogue, hunter, mage, lock? What point are they going to? Like when WOW started? or after the first massive class redo?

Will I be able to do the quest for getting the Pally mount again? Will it take like a 14-15 days played to level up a class to 60?
    We don’t know any of those answers. Blizzard doesn’t either. We gotta wait and see what’s up.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    If you want spec-balancing, you don't want classic.
    I love the Classic gameplay, and I want to have a pure Classic option. My only suggestion is that there are core aspects of Classic WoW that appeals to people. The effort it takes to accomplish things and the reward from that, world immersion, the social aspect and reputation on the server, the bonding that occurs between 5 people who stick it out on a 2 hour BRD to the end after having come so far. Every level gained is a big deal, that random green that just dropped off a murloc is an exciting upgrade, and I could go on and on. These are the things that draw in people to play.

So alongside a Classic server, we could build so much from that foundation. A WoW that we've never experienced before. Same Vanilla flavor, experienced in a new way. The thought is exciting. I can just imagine leveling up a viable Feral in the same world, and it would be just as sweet.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-11-07 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post

What do you think?
    Classic WoW won't need any breathing of new life. It doesn't need ANY balancing. It should be exactly as it was. Seriously, terrible idea.

As someone who played more Balance than anything else, I would like it 'slightly' balanced -- but only where things are 'closer together'. I don't want priorities or hierarchies messed with, nor do I want to change how the specs function or play. I think the spirit of Vanilla would have wanted these specs to be able to compete with one another -- and I want the game to be played as it was INTENDED to be experienced. The idealized, best way it could be.

If there are errors, if there are bugs, if there are imbalances... I would like them fixed. Just don't mess with the vision, don't mess with the fantasy, or the play-style.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Of course there should be spec/class balancing to ensure that all classes are viable in both PVP and PVE. Just because it's Classic doesn't mean it should be a broken game.
    Yes it does, everyone begged for "vanilla, because it was the bestest the game eva was!!!!!" You don't get to beg for it, then say welllllll except for this, oh and this, oh and this. Also add this, oh and this too.

good grief. how many of these "we love and want vanilla! but..... change everything about it because i dont like it!" threads are there going to be?

for the sake of actual vanilla fans, i really hope blizzard doesnt listen to these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Of course there should be spec/class balancing to ensure that all classes are viable in both PVP and PVE. Just because it's Classic doesn't mean it should be a broken game.
    All classes are more than viable in both PvE and PvP, trust me. You just have to accept not all specs are good for everything.

As someone said here, the most limiting factor was the number of debuffs on raid bosses, so specs that used debuffs for dps were not welcome. I wasn't even allowed to cast hunter's mark for christ's sake. If they raise the debuff limit or even remove it altogether i'm sure we'll see lots of new specs in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Classic WoW won't need any breathing of new life. It doesn't need ANY balancing. It should be exactly as it was. Seriously, terrible idea.
    these people are never happy. damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    these people are never happy. damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
    I really think the majority of these are salty anti-classic people trying to ruin the experience for those who actually want classic servers. That and those that never played classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    This is for Classic fans really, just want your opinion.

I know this is sacrilege, but I think it would be really, really cool if they balanced ret and balanced other specs to be viable without changing anything else. Just tweaked some numbers, have abilities do a bit more damage.

This would breathe new life into Classic WoW since everybody wouldn't just be running the popular specs. We would approach raid bosses with new compositions, like Shadow Priests and Retadins, and experience them differently than we ever did before. Same content, fresh experience. And this wouldn't encroach on the core of why Vanilla is so appealing: The immersion, the effort it takes to accomplish tasks (and are therefore more rewarding), the social aspect that requires interacting with people on your server to overcome challenges. All it would do is open up new possibilities that we never got to experience.

At the very least, we could have "Classic remixed" alongside "Classic"

What do you think?
    You just stated one of the things that will divide the entire classic server community.
    This and other QOL changes will be greatly debated, and it wont matter what side blizzard takes (purists or non purists) the shit storm is assured.

Personally i think if people demanded vanilla, you give them vanilla. Not vanilla and cream. So all inconveniences, class balance problems, etc.

I'd think it would be awesome if we had it for Legion, so much for ever having it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I really think the majority of these are salty anti-classic people trying to ruin the experience for those who actually want classic servers. That and those that never played classic.
    How pathetic can you be to shift the blame from your kind like that?

I, for one, think they should do the purest of Vanillae. So that you could play with 4 other neckbeards that think that Vanilla was perfect (and try to convince others that this opinion stems from everything else BUT nostalgia-vision).
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2017-11-07 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    You just stated one of the things that will divide the entire classic server community.
    This and other QOL changes will be greatly debated, and it wont matter what side blizzard takes (purists or non purists) the shit storm is assured.

Personally i think if people demanded vanilla, you give them vanilla. Not vanilla and cream. So all inconveniences, class balance problems, etc.
    Well I don't see why the team can't expand upon a Classic server while offering a pure Classic server at the same time. I mean, if the new team looked at Classic content and said, "You know what, we think the original team did a great job, but they might have missed the mark on some things they were going for. So that's why we're introducing 'Warcraft Classic: Reimagined'!'" *cue fanfare*, then that would be great!
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-11-07 at 04:40 AM.

Then you don't want to play classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    That would definitely be a stark change to how Classic worked. For the endgame Warriors can only tank, Paladins can only heal (and wear mostly cloth), ditto for Priests and Druids. Warlocks and Mages are vendors primarily, and Warlocks especially should trim down their action bars and forget they have DoT's or Curses (just spam Shadowbolt for as long as you can and maybe 1 Curse of the Elements). Shaman keep their totems up and heal when and where they can.

No Feral Druids, no Boomkins, no Arms or Fury Warriors, no Shadow Priests, etc. etc.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    No changes, you wanted a vanilla server, there's your god damn vanilla server.

5+ Year Old Account
    If they made classic funservers, i'd see this happening.

But rebalance one thing, break another thing, pushes another class to the bottom, calls for more reworks, calls for tuning and balancing of stats/ maybe raids... and that's not the classic experience.

Best to leave it as is :P

Don't change anything please. I'd like to play classic, not retail.