Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    And the 28th is confirmed. So much for the december crowd and especially so much for the "next year" crowd. Top kek.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Top kek.
    You are a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    This has yet to happen for Antorus, they gave 20 days warning for Tomb of Sargeras, they gave a month warning for Nighthold. Antorus could very well be last week of this month just as likely could it be first or second week of december.

But one thing is fairly certain, we will know minimum two weeks in advance when it'll be. And so far nothing has been said.
    ^ That's how far logic reasoning gets you, two days later would have put you into december, aka you got lucky. But you are to stupid to grasp that.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-11-05 at 08:13 PM.

So do you have any other personal insults to throw out while I'm readying up your plate of crow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    while I'm readying up your plate of crow?
    Nothing 'is on the wall' what is it you don't understand? There's factual information to support that they always give fair warning, in the case of Tomb of Sargeras it was 20 days, 20 days would put Antorus last week of November, in the case of Nighthold however it was a month in advance, that would put us at the begining of December.

One thing that's fairly certain (based on all information given this expansion alone) is that it won't be the week of the 14th so earliest would be the 21st (EU 22nd) and if that's the case we would get it confirmed either this weekend, or we'll get it very early next week.
    I have nothing to 'eat crow' for you silly silly little man-child. I never once 'refuted' wether or not it could be in November, in fact as you can read above i clearly stated that based on prior Tiers the earliest would be the 22nd (If they would have followed the ToV pattern) if they followed he ToS pattern it would have been the 28th (which i also pointed out) and lastly if it would have been like NH it would have been first week of december.

You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Three more weeks is a decent amount of time, I guess. For those who are on KJ, this means they have a reasonable chance of getting him without extending both resets and raiding hours. It's even enough time to push a final set of nerfs or something.

I have nothing to 'eat crow' for you silly silly little man-child. I never once 'refuted' wether or not it could be in November, in fact as you can read above i clearly stated that based on prior Tiers the earliest would be the 22nd (If they would have followed the ToV pattern) if they followed he ToS pattern it would have been the 28th (which i also pointed out) and lastly if it would have been like NH it would have been first week of december.

You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting.
    It was always going to be the 14th, 21st or the 28th. 21st would have been the absolute certain date if Thanksgiving didn't exist that week, as that lined up with their release schedule this entire expansion. 14th and early had the issue of Mythic starting on thanksgiving week leaving 28th as the date that made most sense.

Not december.

Not next year.

When you can't admit you where wrong... oh how hilarious.

Nov 6, 2017: Armageddon Hail now spawns only once on mythic difficulty.

There we go.

IMO they should have alternated 2-1-2-1-2-1, but yah. This plus the three weeks remaining should be enough to raise the kill counts quite a bit.

Kill count is 457 according to wowprogress at 9 pm Central Monday night.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2017-11-07 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Nov 6, 2017: Armageddon Hail now spawns only once on mythic difficulty.

There we go.
    Do you really think having only one Hail will suddenly double kill count? I doubt any guild skilled enough to be on M-KJ can't progress at all because of missing soaks, that would be ridiculous.

Good good, this mechanic served no other purpose than to annoy the current active tank who had to drag the boss across the platform to "his" soak if both spawned far from the center. Even fatboss said they don't understand the idea of armageddon hail not being soakable if you have felclaws debuff, making the off tank unable to do anything for the duration. If felclaws increased damage taken from boss / melee hits and not all physical damage, then the mechanic would be less stupid, leaving 1 tank having to do both while the other is like "oh well I have felclaws I better chill and do nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Do you really think having only one Hail will suddenly double kill count? I doubt any guild skilled enough to be on M-KJ can't progress at all because of missing soaks, that would be ridiculous.
    It significantly reduces the difficulty in putting together a raid with the proper class makeup. It means the tanks no longer have to coordinate who is getting what soak.

If the fight no longer is easier with a third tank, an extra healer or dps can be brought, which massively decreases the difficulty of other phases of the fight.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2017-11-07 at 05:48 AM.

Deleted
    It significantly reduces the difficulty in putting together a raid with the proper class makeup.
    As if guilds who are currently 150+ wipes into KJ still have difficulty putting together the raid comp for the fight, considering the previous encounter they were on already heavily favored immunities/ability to solo soak high damage components. I doubt any top 3-500 guild is running multiple DPS Shaman, WW Monk, etc.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the fight no longer is easier with a third tank, an extra healer or dps can be brought, which massively decreases the difficulty of other phases of the fight.
    People have been killing him with "extra" dps for ages, it doesn't make anything "massively" easier. Maybe you'll skip second healer adds, but these are trivial anyway. In order to skip something that actually matters, you'd need like two extra DPSers - and that's assuming tanks did exactly zero damage to the boss. No way that's happening for someone who didn't farm this boss for ages.

Extra healer is even less helpful - the only healing intensive parts are 2nd dps adds and that's more about blowing them up quickly rather than healing through the damage.

It is a decent change, much more beneficial than half of seemingly random stuff they nerfed last time, but mostly because of coordination and tank damage. Three tanking can still be useful as it lets everyone else focus on their own part of the fight and greatly reduces the risk of MT getting gibbed by KJ. And saves immunities for "difficult" situations.

It still won't push the boss anywhere near Gul'dan, they'd need to nerf Singularities and/or boss hp for that, so second Erupting adds are skippable.

The hardest part of progressing KJ is the first 7 minutes. Every time I almost fell asleep, and suddenly someone misses an armageddon, puts an add 2 steps away from the marker, step into an orb...

I think they should make the next endboss fight 20 minutes long, where the first 15 minutes is dps-ing a dummy and the last 5 is playing flappy bird, and no one can die because its an instant wipe. Difficulty, bitch!

Running an extra dps would result in 1-2 less casts from the second set of dps adds, which would make the hardest part of the fight easier.

And with everyone up it’d probably be one less set of obelisks as well.

But yah he’s probably still harder than Gul’dan.

Running an extra dps would result in 1-2 less casts from the second set of dps adds, which would make the hardest part of the fight easier.

And with everyone up it’d probably be one less set of obelisks as well.

But yah he’s probably still harder than Gul’dan.
    Except that a guardian druid (which would likely be your extra third tank) does more damage to the DPS adds than 90% of actual DPS specs if they're played correct (AKA incarnation+thrash spam with appropiate legendaries; Horn of valor if you're a stickler for pushing it). The only class I had that would consistently beat me during progress was boomkins. Warlocks got up there with good RNG, and I hear elemental shamans are the bomb for it. Either way, for the one thing where more dps would help (adds), there's a VERY high chance that going with an extra DPS will actually lower your add damage.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Say, I got a question about the Avatar change - do you still die at 10 stacks or is it 12/13 now? It would be logical to push it to 8 now, but if 10 is still instant kill, that's somewhat risky.

The instant kill is based on stacks not healing percentage.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    The instant kill is based on stacks not healing percentage.
    Well sure, but if they nerfed one thing...?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Well sure, but if they nerfed one thing...?
    Yea they nerfed one thing :P

It's still 10 stacks, the healing debuff and the "kill you" stacks aren't linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I doubt any top 3-500 guild is running multiple DPS Shaman, WW Monk, etc.
    We had multiple dps shamans.... and no hunter at all.

So I don't get your point...

Having the right comp for the fights is part of raid leading... of course we had people play their alt for a while because we knew having 4 mages would help us. If people have a static roster they will never get Cutting Edge.