Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    I would change the earliest possible to early june.
    I don't get to change the past dude

The numbers are based on past performance, not on my desires.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    That was the exception, not the rule.
    Content patches delivered so regularly that the community figured there were precisely 77 days between them were also an exception, yet Legion did it until 7.3.5, and they still would probably have delivered Antorus on schedule were it not for Thanksgiving.

The xpack also seems to be fairly far along. They already have fully functional zones, for instance, and they front-load some features into 7.3.5. There's still a lot of work that needs doing, but more than a year of it? I'm not sure about that. Stuff like class changes and bug fixing doesn't take that long.

I think late 2018 is a definite possibility given that Blizzard seems to have very much gotten their scheduling under control. No earlier than September for sure, however.

7+ Year Old Account
    im ok with this, rly, they can think about better races to put as Allied races, not only damn elves

and here is a lot of things i want to do in Legion with alts before they get removed by muh prestige

It prly will be released after next blizcon

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    Sometimes i wish this forum had up and down votes
    (Thumbs Up)

Here is my updated spreadsheet based on previous expansions. Legion broke the process because they did the beta different:

For each phase - I used MEAN-1*STDEV for the fastest reasonable release schedule. As the actual events happen - can update

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Okay now comes a plot twist - They announced classic/vanilla servers.
    I think we can all agree that WoW Classic will not be released at the same time as 8.0 - it would be really weird business decision if they did. Now whatever is finished first will be released first and I think if they release Classic anywhere during Q3 of 2018 they can postpone the release of 8.0 even to late december or 2019. Even if not everyone likes vanilla that would serve its purpose greatly as a filler during content drought (maybe prepatch somewhere shortly after vanilla).
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I think we can all agree that WoW Classic will not be released at the same time as 8.0 - it would be really weird business decision if they did. Now whatever is finished first will be released first and I think if they release Classic anywhere during Q3 of 2018 they can postpone the release of 8.0 even to late december or 2019. Even if not everyone likes vanilla that would serve its purpose greatly as a filler during content drought (maybe prepatch somewhere shortly after vanilla).
    Given how reluctant they were about giving any information and the that they are still hiring new people to actually make it happen, I very much doubt classic is something you will see anytime soon and definitely not before 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    it would be weird if another blizzcon passed and bfa hadnt released
    Why? They could show us patch 8.1 or 8.2 there and release happens a bit later. Cataclysm and WoD both were released after Blizzcons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    i can only say that ive never been this optimistic about the future of wow, especially when it comes to the rate of how fast we get new content.
    And why? We got content in MoP at the same rate as we got content in Legion. And did MoP change anything in the end?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Before the Storm, the prelude to BfA releases May 15th 2018. I suspect 8.0 will drop around then, and mid June to mid July the expansion will open up.

I view Blizzard's content outputting with a healthy dose of realism.
    Yep. Whatever else you want to say about Blizz, they are a successful company that knows how to do marketing. They wouldn't target the book release for May if the xpac was not till following year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And why? We got content in MoP at the same rate as we got content in Legion. And did MoP change anything in the end?
    To be fair, content release has been spot on regular for Legion. Not everyone will ever like all the content, but no one can say there haven't been regular releases this xpac.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pzyho View Post
    Can't wait to see you get owned when it's being announced, that it'll come out early 2019 (January), Loser. "Wall shame" nice gramar, you and 221 posts over 5 years roflmao.
    I bet you can't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Here is my updated spreadsheet based on previous expansions. Legion broke the process because they did the beta different:

-snip- because space

For each phase - I used MEAN-1*STDEV for the fastest reasonable release schedule. As the actual events happen - can update
    This is the kind of effort and evidence I can get behind.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Look. ICC was out for over a year, they said there'd never be a content drought that long again.

Then there was SoO, which was out for 14 months. They said there'd never be another content drought that long again.

Then came HFC, which was out for 14 months. They said there'd never be a content drought that long ever again.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. So far we've been fooled 3 times.

Hope you guys like Antorus, because history shows its gonna be around until at least January 2019.
    Ohh cute, another pessimist, how original!
    You must be fun at parties.

You do realize if the beta goes up in january, it'll be out in August 2018, right?

The book releases in may 2018, thus the expac will launch around August / Early September.

September-October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by RotDog View Post
    Yes?

Also, I really think it will be out in 2018 as well. Based on the live feeds and the panels, they have a fuckton of the world design done, tons of models look ready, and dungeons done. They have a good foothold into their world. The coding and balancing is a large part yes, but the art portion is also a ton of work and they really seem like they are getting it down.

what new races?
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    To be fair, content release has been spot on regular for Legion. Not everyone will ever like all the content, but no one can say there haven't been regular releases this xpac.
    As I said, it has been the same in MoP. The difference here is that in MoP they did not have to make raid releases an extra patch to follow some (useless) schedule, we got them with the huge content patches and they still managed to do something in MoP they couldn't do in Legion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say the beta around early january then launch at august/early september hows that sound for prediction?
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    Look. ICC was out for over a year, they said there'd never be a content drought that long again.

Then there was SoO, which was out for 14 months. They said there'd never be another content drought that long again.

Then came HFC, which was out for 14 months. They said there'd never be a content drought that long ever again.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. So far we've been fooled 3 times.

Hope you guys like Antorus, because history shows its gonna be around until at least January 2019.
    End of 2018 i taking the bet.
    Man, you forgot that any expac came ~1 year after blizzcon.
    And you forgot too that Blizzard changed the regularity of their content, it has never been that clean.

Don't be so negative..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Q3 2018 for Classic ? No they seems like BfA was more advanced than Classic. So probably 2019. If thry want to do it right, they will released classic the 23rd November 2019 (for the 15 years of WoW).

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    That's why we're getting six new races and revamped levelling.
    this does seem like the giveaway - sure, antorus will be up for a long time, but you also get better leveling, subraces and other perks along the way, plus 1 month of pre-expansion 8.0. And FINALLY some time to actually finished what is left in legion via collectables/achievements/etc.

In Legion we have only illusion, that it still isn't finished, cuz last raid hasn't been released yet. Real truth - it has been finished since release of 7.3 and all teams, except raid one - started to develop new xpack. So, technically, it still can be released somewhere near Nov-Dec 2018.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.