Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I kind of agree with you. I'm pretty pumped now, and I can't imagine that it'll be out for at least another year, and that's probably a stretch. We also have no idea what changes they're making; if they remake the game into something completely different than Vanilla, a lot of people (myself included) are going to lose all interest.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I was really happy when they did, but they appear to be in a very very early stage of development. If I was Blizzard I wouldn't have announced WoW Classic until they had a concrete concept. This is vanilla WoW, this is what you're getting, deal with it.

Instead they showed us a teaser and answer every question with "Yeah that's a great question, we'll have to talk about that".

And now we have 5000 topics popping up in this forum with shit propositions like "There needs to be class balancing" and "There need to be QoL changes".

Ultimately we know we're getting WoW Classic but we have no idea what the fuck that means. And everyone wants something else out of it.
    The problem is, something like Classic servers is going to need A LOT of feedback and cooperation from the players. It's not just a "this is what you're getting, deal with it" thing at all. It's an evolving project that takes time and many mistakes to make right. It will probably undergo constant changes.

They even said they wanted player input on details like should UBRS be 5man or 10man. Do we want broken stuff in classes fixed, or left broken? Should they add in stuff to the chat like Bnet voice or Bnet friends integration? What patch should it be on? Or some combination of patches? Should content gradually be released, or just remain static? That will take time to decide and implement and test and finalize.

Quote Originally Posted by chezwickcheese View Post
    Blizzcon was the perfect stage for announcing classic wow. I don't think there would be much to develop. Load patch 1.12.2 and off we go.
    Okay

So where is this patch 1.12.2 data kept? Blizz doesn't have it. Why would they keep old versions of code? If you roll back a client literally a decade, it will be entirely unusable. They need to rebuild the vanilla client nearly from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Okay

So where is this patch 1.12.2 data kept? Blizz doesn't have it. Why would they keep old versions of code? If you roll back a client literally a decade, it will be entirely unusable. They need to rebuild the vanilla client nearly from scratch.
    Did the private servers build the wow code from the scratch?

Maybe not.
    They did admit the need for feedback to direct the game one of two directions, vanilla or something new.
    And that absolutely needs to be decided at an early stage.

Had they set their plans on vanilla, then yes I might have agreed.
    But with the uncertainty, then no I would not say it is too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Did the private servers build the wow code from the scratch?
    Reverse engineered. Taking the old clients, and looking at how they worked.
    A if you know how they communicate with a server, you can take that and replicate at least some of it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-08 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    rofl, no. at least 2 years.
    Kek based on what?