Poll: Which you prefer?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I still have the psychical copy.

Deleted
    No but yes.

No new models. It won't be vanilla. It won't.

But yes to DX11 (1.x is dx9)

Deleted
    Ultimately doesn't matter to me since the gameplay is what I'd be interested in, but there's no real good argument for using 2004 graphics other than any potential technical limitations.

So far I've seen threads talking about updated graphics, updated models, retuned raid bosses, improved leveling, improved reputation/attunements and LFG. It's like people don't actually want classic....

I know there are some that do really want it totally untouched but the number of people who suddenly want the QOL features from live because Classic was "Too grindy" or w/e now they've been told they can have it is hilarious. Either have it as close the Vanilla as they can get it on the new server tech or don't have it at all. If you want a game with all the improved QOL features, play live and if that's not fun anymore, maybe it's time to quit WoW completely.

While I remember classic very fondly, I know it's complete nostalgia more than the game being good and so many people are starting to realise that now.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're not going to use the old graphics engine, you can count on that. It would be a huge maintenance and programming nightmare.

So you will definitely get some element of "modern WoW" there.

As for the models, I assume they'll have a toggle. I mean, why wouldn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    if it has no old models (voidwalker for instance) and zones there is literally no point in bothering, anyone in favor of that is missing the point, vanilla is fixed in time

Well, I wonder if they could have both options available. I'd be fine with the old graphics, but I'd likely swap back and forth depending on how I was feeling that day.

We talking updated graphics or updated models? I personally think the spell effects and such should remain as is, along with character animation and such. Support for DX11+ would be nice along with making sure the game can make decent use of today's hardware.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Yay to new graphics. We've had vanilla wow with all its bugs and issues and purity for years now on private servers. I'd really like Blizzard to remake the game similar to how Pokemon remakes its classics but not touch the gameplay as they allow new pokemon/stats/items etc... but in regards to how it has a clean updated modern UI and NO this does not mean adding LFG or any of that shit. New models/Textures with updated modern UI but still plays exactly like the grindy social mmo we love. I think this would be waaaaaaay more exciting than Blizzard just picking up what Light's Hope/Elysium did. Vanilla/TBC is my favorite game and its fun but its not exciting anymore because duh its old. A remastered/remake of the game would be really fresh and it would be exciting to explore everything again with new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But you wont even be able to kill 2 mobs at a time in Vanilla
    Oh you mean inside a raid and dungeons?
    Maybe if you are really bad at the game, below level 10, or on a very specific few specs. Also he is not referring to AoE loot, but the fact that Vanilla didn't have an auto-loot toggle in the options, so you had to shift click loot everything.

I may just be crazy but when I originally played WoW I remember in the graphics settings an option named something like "specular lighting". It made the game look seriously awesome. Especially places like Duskwood, Teldrassil, BFD, Duskwood etc... Not to mention the glow from enchants like Beast Slaying. They looked amazing and somewhere along the line they changed it and it never looked as good. I felt the setting had a weird uniquely WoW glow that I used to love. It may have been the mid 00s CRT I was using or something but I really loved the old look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    I may just be crazy but when I originally played WoW I remember in the graphics settings an option named something like "specular lighting". It made the game look seriously awesome. Especially places like Duskwood, Teldrassil, BFD, Duskwood etc... Not to mention the glow from enchants like Beast Slaying. They looked amazing and somewhere along the line they changed it and it never looked as good. I felt the setting had a weird uniquely WoW glow that I used to love. It may have been the mid 00s CRT I was using or something but I really loved the old look.
    I think what youre describing is the bloom effect it should be toggleable on/off through console commands, but it should be on by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Franzy View Post
    I think what youre describing is the bloom effect it should be toggleable on/off through console commands, but it should be on by default.
    No he's talking of another special effect, maybe some bloom but different, it disappeared at 2.0. We can still see it on the promo screenshots of Burning Crusade so I guess it was removed in alpha BC. I'm trying to find screenshots...
    Anyway I don't think we will have it, the engine will probably be the new one so even with old models and textures the lighting and shaders will be 8.0. I won't miss it, even though I recognize it gives a special style to vanilla clients.

EDIT : The best comparison I found is on this other thread : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...o-WoW-Lighting
    But I see some people could not catch the difference.

Still I prefer modern lighting, but it's really even more taste-sensitive than gameplay so that debate would keep going on forever.
    Last edited by Koward; 2017-11-07 at 08:08 AM.

Deleted
    25% of people (option A) cried to have Vanilla back but they don't want the graphics that goes with.

Heyyy ? I thought Vanilla was the best thing ever, so take it as it is. If you want good graphics, stay on BfA.

I prefer the old style to current graphics, but a remastered version would be even better if done right imo.

Deleted
    WTF?! You want Classic WoW, you should get Classic WoW as it was, not with updated Graphics and I don't know what else ...

I feel like HD graphics would seriously impact the nostalgic vanilla experience. Also, it'd honestly feel awkward to have about 9000 more polys than the entire are you are standing on combined (not that it doesn't happen already in some places, but you know)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    To get updated graphics would require a fucking technical miracle and essential rebuild of the entire game.
    strictly speaking isn't that what they're doing since they don't have the classic core anymore.
    And i'm all for it the graphics don't really impact anything of significance just make them a option.

I mean if they didn't have to remake the entire code we could have vanilla in time for the anniversary this year.
    Last edited by mmoca60dffc8a8; 2017-11-07 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    New graphics, especially character models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing since WoD with the old models.