Pogba was in your midfield last season, and you finished 6th.

He is not a world class midfielder you're desperate for.
    What United need, is a manager who actually wants to decide on how to play. Man United have no identity.

Mourinho is stuck between wanting to attack to appease the fans, and wanting to stick to his roots and defend 1-0s and 2-0s.
    A lot of your 4-0 wins have been hugely flattering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post

What United need, is a manager who actually wants to decide on how to play. Man United have no identity.

Mourinho is stuck between wanting to attack to appease the fans, and wanting to stick to his roots and defend 1-0s and 2-0s.
    Is what I'm kinda worried about, everyone expecting Pogba to be the savior to our problems and then getting hugely disappointed when things don't change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Tottenham didn't lose a Premier league game at home last season and still finished second.

Just saying.
    And coming 2nd to city this season wouldnt be the biggest crime in the world, they have been pretty good.

Difference is utd fans wouldnt see that as a good result like spurs are gonna go on about the mythical year they came 2nd for all the years to come

- - - Updated - - -

Your midfield and entire defense was a mess without kante. A player can actually make a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And coming 2nd to city this season wouldnt be the biggest crime in the world, they have been pretty good.

Difference is utd fans wouldnt see that as a good result like spurs are gonna go on about the mythical year they came 2nd for all the years to come
    Finished third then finished second, nothing wrong with talking about improvement.

Could be worse, we could bang on about winning Europes mickey mouse cup with a 300m team.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Finished third then finished second, nothing wrong with talking about improvement.

Could be worse, we could bang on about winning Europes mickey mouse cup with a 300m team.
    Could also get knocked out of said micky mouse cup by a team ive never heard of called Gent

And 6th to possibly 2nd isnt an improvement? Oh wait we spent money my bad it doesnt count

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Your midfield and entire defense was a mess without kante. A player can actually make a difference.
    This is true.

But Pogba is not / will never be that player.

United had no game plan versus Chelsea - they were lucky to not get humiliated.
    Had Morata and Bakayoko had their shooting boots on it would have been another Stamford Bridge too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    This is true.

But Pogba is not / will never be that player.
    Could have defiantly used a confident ball playing midfielder vs liverpool/chelsea to push the game forward which pogba is in spades

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems Moyes to West Ham is all but done. Oh dear.

Deleted
    Sunderland are currently bottom of the Championship after Moyes disastrous reign.

How any Premier League team can think of giving him a managers job is beyond me, not even the Hammers deserve this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh i have no love for the Hammers but no one deserves moyesy. Go into international break 2nd though and Leon Clarke played like Brazilian Ronaldo at the weekend crazy stuff.

Perhaps it's not Pogba that you are missing (he'll help for sure but he isn't the golden goose you making him out to be) but a Carrick type of midfielder is what is really lacking.

Anyone seen this?

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/927511811942789120

Probably not running full pelt, but still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Perhaps it's not Pogba that you are missing (he'll help for sure but he isn't the golden goose you making him out to be) but a Carrick type of midfielder is what is really lacking.
    Cant disagree Carrick is missed.

Interesting stat regarding pogba though. Pre injury with pogba in the team utd were creating 14.8 chances per game. Ney pogba in the team its been 7 chances per game. Pretty big difference

Might say the teams were easier then but we do miss his link up with big Rom

10+ Year Old Account
    West Ham going places. Not sure the places they really want to go though. Moyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Good summary. My question is then, what's it going to take to change things you think?
    I wish I knew. OK we aren't conceding many goals. This is down to 2 things, one of the best keepers in the world (a keeper winning player of the year 3 times in a row says a lot) and a hugely defensive mindset. But we aren't winning. 10 home draws last season! How many home draws did we have in Fergies last season (harsh comparison I know)... 0.

We've been spoilt by decades of attacking football. Fergie himself said he never played for a draw. It seems Mourinho is scared of losing, but (points wise) you are better of losing half your games and winning half, than drawing them all. Can't remember I heard the old "attack, attack, attack" from the crowd. Saying "shut up shop" at OT was like saying "macbeth" to an actor.

Maybe when Pogba is back it will be better, but I'm afraid this is an ongoing general mindset started by LVG and amplified by Mourinho. And I don't blame him, we knew what type of manager we were getting, I think it was a money decision made to increase club profile to get in star players. If it's a short term plan (2-3 years) followed by a more attacking manager that would be OK by me.

Good article on Mourinho and why he shouldn't be getting away with his teams performances.
    Fortuantly, the press / media are starting to cotton on.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...bits-1.3281074

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Good article on Mourinho and why he shouldn't be getting away with his teams performances.
    Fortuantly, the press / media are starting to cotton on.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...bits-1.3281074
    Great analysis and that Fellaini roast was lovely.

"Mkhi looked to the sidelines with hollow defeated eyes to see his number was up" pretty much the opening sentence. Doesn't look biased at all! Good find frankie

10+ Year Old Account
    While United deserve criticism for the way they've played lately, it's starting to become almost ridiculous how much criticism they get from english experts and fans.

There is still only one team above them in the table and so far this season that teams is probably the best team in the world right now.
    United have gotten 12 out of 12 points so far in UCL. Granted it isn't a very hard group, but still good.
    And they are still in both the FA cup and Europa cup.

People really need to stop comparing them and expecting them to play like they did under Ferguson....

I mean if United are as bad as the experts and fans try to make it out to be what does that say about Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool then? Even Tottenham.

Again it just seems like everyone expects United to win every game they ever play and do it big. Not sure if it's because City is actually doing so atm or what it is, but its becoming comical almost to read all the criticism.

Plus of course the media just loves it when Mourinho fails.