Deleted

Hero Class Faction

Hello, community!

I have always been thinking about how much more sense would make if the Death Knights of the Ebon Blades and the Illidari had their own faction.

I mean, lore speaking, I find the Horde and Alliance faction allegiance pledge a bit forced in the hero class tutorial quest line.
    Why would a shunned Death Knight or Demon Hunter walk among society all of a sudden?

Why would an Illidari elf, either Night Elf or Blood Elf, care for the stubborness of a Warchief or the honor of a King?

The Ebon Blade is a family, an army of their own. They served their own purpose together.

The Demon Hunters followed Illidan and collaborated together in order to save Azeroth from the demon invasion.

Why would they split in two factions, ending up killing eachothers in the process during PvP encounters?

Wouldn't it be much cooler if in a player versus player environment they had their own faction?
    Demon Hunters and Death Knights stand as one on their own. They are a faction, just like any other "secondary" faction in the universe of World of Warcraft.

I know it would be very complicated for a matter of game core system, but still would be for the best imo :P

What do you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    What do you think?
    After Legion none of this is so exclusive to the outcast classes. Everyone and their dog created their own Class Order which proved stronger than either Horde or Alliance in dealing with the Burning Legion. Any player who took part in Legion finale being now suddenly made to "declare you allegiance!!!!!!" is fucktardy on par with Iokath epilogue for Knights of the Eternal Throne, where the Outlander, effectively calling all the shots in the known Galaxy, is forced by lack of remotely non-retarded dialogue choices to get back to Republic/Sith. In short: fuck that all, I'll just wait until a story worth following emerges - and it better be seriously good.

Because this isn't WC3 anymore where there were ~5 playable factions. We only have 2 now and that comes with a lot of stupid lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    After Legion none of this is so exclusive to the outcast classes. Everyone and their dog created their own Class Order which proved stronger than either Horde or Alliance in dealing with the Burning Legion. Any player who took part in Legion finale being now suddenly made to "declare you allegiance!!!!!!" is fucktardy on par with Iokath epilogue for Knights of the Eternal Throne, where the Outlander, effectively calling all the shots in the known Galaxy, is forced by lack of remotely non-retarded dialogue choices to get back to Republic/Sith. In short: fuck that all, I'll just wait until a story worth following emerges - and it better be seriously good.
    ahah I agree! x)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Because this isn't WC3 anymore where there were ~5 playable factions. We only have 2 now and that comes with a lot of stupid lore.
    Yeah, that's totally right.
    I mean, Blizzard should totally study a deeper faction/race system imo.

Subraces introduction is very interesting, but still only having black and white in the game doesn't make much sense.
    Lore speaking, of course.

I also do realize that it would require a shit ton of extra work for something this big, tho'

It's purely for gameplay reasons, if there was a 3rd faction it wouldnt be possible to queue for raid, bgs or even dungeon finder without waiting days in queue. Unless if they make all instanced content be random shuffle of players from all factions which would be a lot better and faster for the queue.

Should they be removed from the Alliance and Horde? I don't know, probably not. Illidari, maybe... but death knights have direct and strong ties to their old factions. Illidari, however, no longer have a greater threat to face, and as such they need a new purpose and a new home... which is their given factions.

Will they be removed? Not a chance. There will never be neutral factions for any class or race, not even hero classes like demon hunters.

The idea of a third faction being possible is, well, impossible. It wouldn't work without monumental amounts of work, and even then it would never fully make sense. It would be a mess on top of a mess, and it would be done for the sake of flavor that most people are not terribly interested in.

It's not a bad idea, but it isn't one that has a chance of working out.

Deleted
    wish we had a neutral fraction, lol

ahah I agree! x)

Yeah, that's totally right.
    I mean, Blizzard should totally study a deeper faction/race system imo.

Subraces introduction is very interesting, but still only having black and white in the game doesn't make much sense.
    Lore speaking, of course.

I also do realize that it would require a shit ton of extra work for something this big, tho'
    It's too late to have more than 2 factions, but they could at least have some internal divisions within the currently existing factions. Like some in the faction just want to punch the other faction and some just want to punch big bads. Someone just needs to inform Blizzard that it is ok for people in alliances to disagree with each other, have different goals, and not result in trying to kill each other.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2017-11-07 at 11:16 AM.

They would fall immediately. Horde and alliance have army of thousands soldiers and heavy machinery. And there is less than one hundred DKs and DHs lorewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    They would fall immediately. Horde and alliance have army of thousands soldiers and heavy machinery. And there is less than one hundred DKs and DHs lorewise.
    That kind of implies the Horde and/or Alliance would try to kill them for some reason. Not sure what that reason would be.

That kind of implies the Horde and/or Alliance would try to kill them for some reason. Not sure what that reason would be.
    One character gets angry, attacks another and accidentaly beats it to death. Boom the war is on.
    or
    One character passing by gets mistaken with enemy and shot to death. Boom - war.

Deleted
    I mean both have free will and have defeated there respective evils. People have alot of loyalty for there race/nation etc. Makes sense that when their unified enemy is beaten they'd fight for their race etc

If you played a DK in Legion, the fact that the Horde or Alliance will even tolerate DKs in the BfA is absurd. Both the Horde and Alliance should be wanting to wipe out the Ebon Blade after the atrocities they committed in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    It's purely for gameplay reasons, if there was a 3rd faction it wouldnt be possible to queue for raid, bgs or even dungeon finder without waiting days in queue. Unless if they make all instanced content be random shuffle of players from all factions which would be a lot better and faster for the queue.
    This. Lorewise Death Knights and Demon Hunters are members of the Ebon Blade and Illidari, respectively. They are only Horde and Alliance for gameplay purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Everyone and their dog who the hell says that? -_- its Everyone and their momma!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yeah, DKs and DHs have a lot in common (like nothing, other than cringe they induce in others) so yeah it makes "total sense".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, DKs and DHs have a lot in common (like nothing, other than cringe they induce in others) so yeah it makes "total sense".
    Are you seriously coming here, with an anime profile picture, lecturing people about cringeness? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously coming here, with an anime profile picture, lecturing people about cringeness? :P
    Best response 2005, man. And technically its from the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Best response 2005, man. And technically its from the game.
    You are not being nice :-)
    You should find other ways and places to unleash your life frustration.

Judging someone cringe because of a class in a game like World of Warcraft?
    It's not nice at all. You're a part of it too

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not being nice :-)
    You should find other ways and places to unleash your life frustration.

Judging someone cringe because of a class in a game like World of Warcraft?
    It's not nice at all. You're a part of it too
    Im not judging players. Im judging classes. And both of them are filled with self-pitying cringe.

Also, overusing emoticons doesn't make you look like a nice person.