Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Grats i guess?
    Nothing to grats, that's how it generally looks at the end of each league...

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If you want trading to be shitty for the sake of being shitty, PoE is your game. For me it's the reason why i stopped playing.
    Which is fair enough, all I'm saying is that there are reasons why trade isn't being made easier. I know why and GGG have the same analysis of how trade is impacted by various variables. Arguing that GGG should change their stance on something they made a firm stance on again and again with reasons based in knowledge and experience from other games isn't productive. Either you accept that trade won't be instant and play the game or you don't and quit. If you accept the premise that trade won't be instant then you can suggest improvements with that in mind as you're aware of the restrictions GGG want to be in place.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2017-11-06 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Spelling...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    So you get how the restriction on trade works but fail to see why it's there?

If I were to make a popular build and sat down to buy everything I needed before I started leveling it would take me the better part of a day to figure out what I wanted/needed, calculate resists to balance them and make sure I'm EW capped, find sellers that are around to sell and possibly haggle of some prices.

With an AH I'd do the same in a 30 min to an hour...
    I still fail to see why the restriction in trade is there.
    If that is the only reason of its existance, to make it impossible for anyone to get all the gear for a build in an hour as you said, there is a far simple solution then, decide what is the acceptable time frame for a build to be full decked, and then temper with the drop rates so that is what it takes on average to get the build fully geared and then remove trading from the game.
    The current system, because it is shady and clunky, makes a lot of possible players get away from the game or even makes them reluctant to even try it, so no sorry, your explanation does not sound solid to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Not possible as it's a F2P game where you can have literally as many accounts as you want.
    Is it not possible to set a limit of trades per account or even per char?

- - - Updated - - -

all I'm saying is that there are reasons why trade isn't being made easier. I know why and GGG have the same analysis of how trade is impacted by various variables. Arguing that GGG should change their stance on something they made a firm stance on again and again with reasons based in knowledge and experience from other games isn't productive. Either you accept that trade won't be instant and play the game or you don't and quit. If you accept the premise that trade won't be instant then you can suggest improvements with that in mind as you're aware of the restrictions GGG want to be in place.
    Oh, i do agree there are reasons behind trading not being made easier or being fully removed from the game, i just think those reasons have nothing to do with making the game more appealing to current and future possible players.

The reason GGG will never implement an AH has little to do with harming game balance and a lot to do with harming the income stream paid trade advantages provide - not just the obvious advantage in trade speeds provided by premium stash tabs, but stuff like devaluing currency tabs if I can simply return to town and sell off excess currency instantly rather than stockpiling it. With an in-game AH there is suddenly much less pressure to purchase league-specific currency tabs, the general currency tab, extra storage space in general, or premium tabs specifically.

I honestly don't even mind. This is how a lot of F2P games operate. I play this game for free, enjoyed it a lot, and I understand they want to make lots of money. But I also would like people to be honest about their motives.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they have a lot of systems that benefit them monetarily from limiting trading and making it so awkward. Namely purchasing inventory and currency inventory. I bet they make a large portion of their income on those transactions.

But to speak directly to the questions, I don't think trading in this game would ruin it to the degree that the RMAH or AH in D3 would. The builds are far too varied and you need so many pieces, it seems like it would just make the game slightly more enjoyable for a large portion of players whereas D3 was literally unplayable without the system and it made playing the normal game feel like shit b/c it was unrewarding.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Five Facts about our Upcoming Release

Yesterday we revealed the announcement date for our upcoming 3.1.0 expansion. While you're waiting for it, calm your curiosity with five facts about this release:

• There is a new boss in Act Nine
    • We have the first ever socketable belt coming
    • Green and black are the colours of a new league
    • We've prepared a new stash tab type for this expansion
    • There are 4 new skill gems and 6 support gems coming
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/news

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    But to speak directly to the questions, I don't think trading in this game would ruin it to the degree that the RMAH or AH in D3 would.
    D3 wasn't ruined by the auction house either. The game was clearly unfinished on launch with a dreadful endgame. The economic problems in D3 would have been massive even without an auction house. The game didn't even have ladder seasons for, what, like two fucking years? If you had to trade on JSP, the economy would still have gone to shit, the endgame would have still been miserably tuned and unfun, etc. In fact getting rid of trading didn't solve D3's problems either - to the extent that they were ever solved, other decisions like getting rid of Inferno were what helped that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I still fail to see why the restriction in trade is there.
    If that is the only reason of its existance, to make it impossible for anyone to get all the gear for a build in an hour as you said, there is a far simple solution then, decide what is the acceptable time frame for a build to be full decked, and then temper with the drop rates so that is what it takes on average to get the build fully geared and then remove trading from the game.
    The current system, because it is shady and clunky, makes a lot of possible players get away from the game or even makes them reluctant to even try it, so no sorry, your explanation does not sound solid to me.
    Premise set forth by the developer is that the game has trade and instant trading as in an auction house isn't going to be added. Accept that premise and play the game or don't and play something else.

Is it not possible to set a limit of trades per account or even per char?
    Not really no. I could have 10 accounts and buy 1 item on each to then trade them to my main char through guild stash for example.

Oh, i do agree there are reasons behind trading not being made easier or being fully removed from the game, i just think those reasons have nothing to do with making the game more appealing to current and future possible players.
    Not everything is about making the game more appealing though, a strange concept in today's world I know, GGG do well for them selves making the game they want to make instead of catering to the lowest common denominator. They also have to think long term as opposed to the players who, sadly, think very short term these days just craving for that instant gratification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok as you still don't seem to get it. If they make trading take 10 time less time, drop rates would have to be cut by at least 10 as well. Is that clear enough?
    ahahahahahahah!!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Now in 3.0, you can't do maps until after finishing Act 10, so there's little choice really; you'll have to play through the entire campaign before you can map. Each act is gradually more difficult as you'd expect; you'll probably be roughly lv 70 by the time you finish A10 (similar to finishing Act 4 Merciless in the old system).

Note that the old resistance penalties (how you had -20 resists in Cruel and -60 resists in Merciless) now are applied after finishing A5 and A10 respectively. Depending how your resists are, you may want to try to do Merciless Labyrinth before finishing Act 10. Death penalties (for non-Hardcore) are based on where you die; if you die while in Act 5 or earlier you don't lose XP, if you die in Acts 6-10 you lose 5% of your level, and if you die in maps you lose 10% of your level.

If you're continuing an existing lv 57 character, Act 5 should be a cinch and Act 6 pretty easy too; you probably won't get much xp from them so you might not be so overleveled by the time you get to act 7 or 8. To get to Act 5, leave Highgate through the new northeast exit.
    Heya, realized I never replied, just wanted to shoot you a thanks for the detailed response! Been really enjoying the game lately!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Monster Density in Maps

I wanted to post this before Thursday's 3.1.0 expansion announcement, as it's not specifically mentioned in our marketing materials but is an important change.

Many players expressed concern with monster density in 3.0.0. We have addressed this in 3.1.0 in two ways:

Firstly, rather than trying to normalise the amount of total experience that each map is worth, we are now trying to normalise the total experience per hour of running that map. In order to do this, we have improved our designer tools significantly so that they have more control over the player experience in maps of different sizes. We have rebalanced every map in Path of Exile and performed extensive experience-per-hour testing. We have worked on reducing how often unlucky outcomes with low density can occur. There shouldn't be any maps that feel underpopulated anymore.

Secondly, we have rebalanced the map mods so that every rollable mod now grants a pack size bonus. A random rare map in 3.1.0 has more monster density than one from 3.0.0. This also improves the rewards for running corrupted maps.

Together, these changes should address the community's monster density concerns. As always, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to talking in more detail about this expansion on Thursday (Pacific Time).
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2029695

Great for me as my mapping 'strategy' is filling out my atlas as much as possible and just running the highest tier map I have.

10+ Year Old Account

Full page with more Info

Path of Exile - War for the Atlas

Wow. This might get me to finally play maps.

Ok. i DEFINITELY want the Hunger ring. Free 5 link golem.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see some great new melee gems coming...

oh...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Good to see some great new melee gems coming...

oh...
    Well. I like the new support they added. VS + new multitarget (so 3 targets hit) + melee splash + multistrike + leech + whatever suits you. Should be great for map clears, though you'll swap for boss fights.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well. I like the new support they added. VS + new multitarget (so 3 targets hit) + melee splash + multistrike + leech + whatever suits you. Should be great for map clears, though you'll swap for boss fights.
    Yeah, the new support is alright... and sure, those two unrevealed gems COULD be new Melee Attacks...

But I mean, come on, when was the last time a new melee attack was added to the game? We had a whole god damned MAJOR expac with only new support gems. I'm getting bored of picking from the same handful of gems when trying to create a melee build.

I'd really like a defensive melee ability. Something similar to Punish in D3, which does a decent amount of damage, while confering a small defensive boost. Either a buff to block chance, straight DR, armour or resistances.

Or, if I'm being greedy, all of the above!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, the new support is alright... and sure, those two unrevealed gems COULD be new Melee Attacks...

But I mean, come on, when was the last time a new melee attack was added to the game? We had a whole god damned MAJOR expac with only new support gems. I'm getting bored of picking from the same handful of gems when trying to create a melee build.

I'd really like a defensive melee ability. Something similar to Punish in D3, which does a decent amount of damage, while confering a small defensive boost. Either a buff to block chance, straight DR, armour or resistances.

Or, if I'm being greedy, all of the above!
    Actually they said there were 4 new skill gems and 6 new support gems, so the unannounced are Supports. =p

Charged Dash technically is melee!.. But yeah, it has been a while since more traditional melee attacks. Charged Dash is pretty good for damage though if you haven't tried it as a main attack skill.

And an attack that confers a defensive boost is Vigilant Strike. ;p

What a great gaming company, if only blizzard had that level of passion