Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If we want Classic Servers as soon as possible, people shouldn't ask Blizzard for any changes except bug and exploit fixing.
    Then, if Classic Servers are financially viable, maybe some class balances and other minor tweaks will not hurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovaqq View Post
    I keep seeing everybody argue about how exactly the new Classic servers *should* be. Feels like one of those situations where there's no one true right answer. Why not have both?

(1) Classic - servers as they were in the final patch before BC

(2) Classic Plus - servers with some of the niceties of today, AoE looting, cross-realm achievements, updated character models, etc.
    This is absurd. How about a (3) Proper Classic - Roll servers as they were back 13 years ago and then roll out the patches every few months to give as proper feeling. I don't want to do all of Vanilla with the pre TBC balance patch.

You can go on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    @ Adamas102

Slippery slope. And don't say i'm wrong. People have been ridiculed for calling slippery slope for 10 years already.
    You're not wrong, you're just not saying anything meaningful. Simply blurting out "slippery slope" isn't an argument...

Also, it's pretty obvious that different people have different ideas of what constitutes "the vanilla experience". There's also a difference between saying things CAN be changes and things SHOULD be changed.

You said earlier that "playing together in a community is the reward in itself". How does something like the key ring affect that community?
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2017-11-07 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Hahhaha...

It is amazing and frustrating to see how stupid nd hysteric people act currently.

Some are aguring with hand and feet that they don't want a second classic realm with more stuff even though it wouldn't even affect them, while others are advocating as if they are the ones making the decisions.

Guys really not even Blizzard allready knows how and with what the server is going to be starting and even if this implementation is the only one or not.

Stop being so stupidly hostile towards each other.

All we know so far and all that is important so far is: We are getting a classic realm finally and no matter the implementation, no matter how pure or advanced the server is going to be it will be an improvement towards the current state of WoW.

Some design decisions will not impact you personally, some will be opt in/out and some might be forced.
    No matter if there will be stuff like achievments, new animations, textures or not, there will be a huge crowd who would like it and one who doesn't.

But at the end of the day neither me nor you guys will make the decisions and none of us will have alot of influence.
    At the end of the day these decisions will be carefully judged by Blizzard and some of you will be mad because of it if you continue to act like you alone know what is good for the game and what isn't.

I wouldnt mind if they added mass looting in vanilla realms :P

Deleted
    You wanted classic, you'll get classic, don't need this classic+ bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Hahhaha...

It is amazing and frustrating to see how stupid nd hysteric people act currently.

Some are aguring with hand and feet that they don't want a second classic realm with more stuff even though it wouldn't even affect them, while others are advocating as if they are the ones making the decisions.

Guys really not even Blizzard allready knows how and with what the server is going to be starting and even if this implementation is the only one or not.

Stop being so stupidly hostile towards each other.

All we know so far and all that is important so far is: We are getting a classic realm finally and no matter the implementation, no matter how pure or advanced the server is going to be it will be an improvement towards the current state of WoW.

Some design decisions will not impact you personally, some will be opt in/out and some might be forced.
    No matter if there will be stuff like achievments, new animations, textures or not, there will be a huge crowd who would like it and one who doesn't.

But at the end of the day neither me nor you guys will make the decisions and none of us will have alot of influence.
    At the end of the day these decisions will be carefully judged by Blizzard and some of you will be mad because of it if you continue to act like you alone know what is good for the game and what isn't.
    Time is what matter. Classic+ ( even without taking into account the absurdity of the idea ) will take month if not years to implement. So, please, no.

Deleted
    We would not be calling out for classic wow if it in our opinion, was the worst version of wow. Take a serious go at it, and you discover there is more to an MMORPG than item levels. Playing together in a community is the reward in itself, not the item levels you receive for doing so.
    It was the worst version, everyone knows it, but they like it because it's the entire opposite of what wow is today, or what it feels like today, for them. They all feel like Vanilla was harder for some reason when all you did was spam one button for 10 minutes long, then they say current wow is easy and they can't even clear 10+ keys within time, they can't even kill KJ on heroic with 940 item level.

It's also funny that players think it will be free, you can expect the cost to be equal or higher than the current sub prices for live wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovaqq View Post
    I keep seeing everybody argue about how exactly the new Classic servers *should* be. Feels like one of those situations where there's no one true right answer. Why not have both?

(1) Classic - servers as they were in the final patch before BC

(2) Classic Plus - servers with some of the niceties of today, AoE looting, cross-realm achievements, updated character models, etc.
    Great idea! Allow me to improve:

(3) Classic PlusPlus - Servers with even more niceties of today, LFG, LFR, Arena, class balance

(4) Classic PlusPlusPlus - Servers with even even more niceties of today, DKs Monks and DHs, all new raids from expansions

This is hilarious, I didn't see this vanilla + thing coming haha thought people would be happy :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Time is what matter. Classic+ ( even without taking into account the absurdity of the idea ) will take month if not years to implement. So, please, no.
    Actually I doub't that.

Actually I think it is way more complex to buidl a server that is integrated to the current server structure but which doesn't support all of these things.
    However thing is, in order to build a classic server, they don't need to create quests, art, classes, monsters. All of that is allready there, they are only working on the implementation and if you need to do that anyway because current architecture is too advanced, you need to rebuild that structure anyway even if you don't switch on stuff like achievements or transmog or whatever.

So basically they have to create a server that would be capable of that classic+ feature just because it needs to be integrated into the allready working systems and behind the scene tech.

Anyway.
    I am just happy to be able to quest from 1-60 again in my old beloved zones, to have unlimited alterac valey and my class abilities back.
    Everything beyond that point is just a bonus for me so I will be happy no matter what.

Deleted
    no + no = no
    So,

no + no = no | -no

-> no + (no-no) = no-no
    -> no + 0 = 0
    -> no = 0

As few changes as technical limitations allow. Preferably none.
    Jokes aside, I agree 100%. Graphics, Models, UI? Not part of the classic experience, just a product of its time. The New ones won't alter the classic experience one bit.

Groupfinder and Auto-Queues? Please no. What really made classic (bc and woltk, for that matter) a great experience was the community, and the need to reach out to others. Like an actual MMO, not like the single player game it has become .

i feel like this whole endeavor its going to end up a big steaming pile of shit. should just let private servers go.

"You think you do, but you don't"

Looking at the forums I'm starting to think they were right. So many people want Vanilla but want it easier like current WoW in a lot of ways lol

Just Classic the way Classic is suppose to be.

It's not being released so much to appease WoWs current fan base, it's more of a way to get more Subs by adding an option for their classic fan base.

I wouldn't mind a UI option for HD models but the game itself has to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Actually I doub't that.

Actually I think it is way more complex to buidl a server that is integrated to the current server structure but which doesn't support all of these things.
    However thing is, in order to build a classic server, they don't need to create quests, art, classes, monsters. All of that is allready there, they are only working on the implementation and if you need to do that anyway because current architecture is too advanced, you need to rebuild that structure anyway even if you don't switch on stuff like achievements or transmog or whatever.

So basically they have to create a server that would be capable of that classic+ feature just because it needs to be integrated into the allready working systems and behind the scene tech.

Anyway.
    I am just happy to be able to quest from 1-60 again in my old beloved zones, to have unlimited alterac valey and my class abilities back.
    Everything beyond that point is just a bonus for me so I will be happy no matter what.
    That's right. For now it is only a technical challenge and people who work on it are technicians. No game designers / artists are needed. It is better to keep thing that way at least untill launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You're not wrong, you're just not saying anything meaningful. Simply blurting out "slippery slope" isn't an argument...

Also, it's pretty obvious that different people have different ideas of what constitutes "the vanilla experience". There's also a difference between saying things CAN be changes and things SHOULD be changed.

You said earlier that "playing together in a community is the reward in itself". How does something like the key ring affect that community?
    The key ring was added in vanilla, and is thus a valid addition to the vanilla experience. Mount tabs, toy tabs, pet tabs, instance teleport and lfg functions were not.

Quote Originally Posted by Melfeth View Post
    I can spell this out even more for the people who still don't seem to get it:

Nostalrius and Elysium were only as popular as they were because it was free. That simple. Blizzard isn't going to invest millions of dollars to develop and maintain a free product, they're going to look for ways to earn money from this. Micro transactions are off the table most likely, so they're going to demand a monthly subscription for this as well (probably). So, who in their right mind would pay 10-15 dollars a month to play WoW as it was before TBC? Maybe a couple thousand people; but Blizzard isn't interested in making a product for such a small audience. Instead, they'll look for ways to replicate the same experience, while also adding newer features that will also entice people who've never played Classic WoW before.

It will have updated graphics. It will have class rebalancing. It will have certain quality of life changes that are common in all MMO's today, because that is what their competition is. Remember, Blizzard is a business first and foremost. Their main goal is profit, not to satisfy a few thousand people who are blinded by nostalgia. Be honest with yourselves, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment by assuming that Blizzard will replicate it exactly as is.

If their goal was to replicate WoW exactly as it was in 2005, they'd have announced at Blizzcon that it would be playable after Blizzcon was over. Because if they wanted to, they could make that happen in less than a few weeks. Logic dictates that because that isn't the case, that is not the product that they're developing.
    I've been saying it for years that private servers were really only popular as they were becasue they were free.
    It will more than likely be tied into a regular WoW sub.
    The only QoL changes I see would be Bnet integration, linked AHs, queueable dungeons after you have a premade group, and possibly dual/multispec. Those would not take that much away from the classic experience. But let's face it, Warriors will be the only raid tanks. Paladins, Priests, Shamans, and Druids will only be healers in raids. They are not going to rework gear and add set bonuses so all class specs are viable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    Just Classic the way Classic is suppose to be.

It's not being released so much to appease WoWs current fan base, it's more of a way to get more Subs by adding an option for their classic fan base.

I wouldn't mind a UI option for HD models but the game itself has to be the same.
    It won't though. Unless they get an old server blade back. Even then, they will have some QoL changes that will be a necessity for it to work with the new Bnet structure.

A way more fruitful discussion would be to define and pinpoint the actual nuances and details that made the Vanilla experience so enjoyable apart from sheer nostalgia. People throwing around slippery slope arguments wont help the Devs know exactly how to tailor this “remastered” version of the game. We ought to be discussing and trying to find the balance between all the inconveniences Vanilla constituted, because no one can disagree that it was immensely inconvenient, but that is also its most significant charm.
    Last edited by Kevciu; 2017-11-07 at 12:20 PM.

No, you wanted Vanilla, you get the whole thing, none of the modern things placed in No AOE looting Achievements or HD models, nothing from tbc onwards