Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As I said in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    My guess is that API will get present day restrictions, that's basically improved TBC-era API.

Otherwise, people who wouldn't fully automate their gameplay w/ addons would be people who decided to pretend that they actually had to do something, whereas, there's no real need to do so.
    There's no reason not to automate your gameplay if game allows you to do so. It's not 2004 anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    This is literally a class example of something which is outdated but worked at the time, they will have to change it. I mean, imagine weakauras in classic, you'd be able to make a WA do literally anything.
    Why have WA, why have anything? If you could get something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Technically, not theoretically, you could replace your entire UI during combat, be it raid boss encounter or just killing some mobs in open world, w/ only 1 button that's bound to your mouse wheel, so you'd only need to control your character movement w/ WASD.

You could go as far as make things go full-auto after 1st button click, so binding it to a mouse wheel would be rudimentary.
    There's no need for WA if there's no need to track or assist w/ anything because addons can do pretty much everything for you.

Well, WA could be used to spread 1button UIs among players more easily. That might be a good usecase for the addon.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-07 at 12:34 PM.

It seems highly unlikely they're going to undo 14 years of refining the API and just revert back to vanilla era API and open up tons of possibilities for abuse.

It's not unrealistic to assume that classic wow will be accessible through the same client as BfA instead of a separate client. If this is the case there is no doubt in my mind we won't have the same API we had back in vanilla but more likely the current API with specific functions being disabled to give it as close of a feel as they can while limiting abuse.

I have a feeling they're going to try to come up with a happy medium they think will satisfy the hardcore purists and the casual players who want to be able to experience the content that existed before their time and either way they're going to see backlash from one community or the other.