Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Of course, well unless Blizzard breaks things, but it still won't make things as easy, you still won't be magically teleported to an instance. It will still require some effort of some kind which honestly is more or less the essence of Vanilla even if it's not as bad as having to stand around and bark.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see that happening. Skill only takes you so far in the Vanilla game, unless people can do it without resist gear and the required gear for healers and tanks. That is the thing that slowed Vanilla down more than anything, gear dropped in much smaller quantities than it does now and much of the supplemental stuff took rep grinds or PvP ranks. I just don't think people will be lucky enough to get enough gear to drop it in two days, but hey who knows.
    On private servers right now people with full dungeon blues can clear MC with 20 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Off topic about Ducktales..

Why the fuck did the new animators choose to make the heads of the kids.. square.
    It is soo god damn offputting.
    They're following the comic style while also giving it their own look.

I like it. I really have nothing but high praise for the new show. Better than the original as far as I'm concerned. (Grew up with the original.)
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    You think you do but you don't.
    Mate, I am trusting Blizzard's verdict more and more on this, after seeing all the changes they want to it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    On private servers right now people with full dungeon blues can clear MC with 20 people.
    Considering the state of some of the private servers I'm not going to use that as a barometer. Getting 20 people in full blues still takes a certain amount of time, and unlike certain private servers leveling, gold and gear acquisition probably won't be sped up.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    They're following the comic style while also giving it their own look.

I like it. I really have nothing but high praise for the new show. Better than the original as far as I'm concerned. (Grew up with the original.)
    Their heads are not square in the comic?
    The adults does not have square heads, so why does the kids.

I love the voices, and the first episode was great. But I can't stand those stupid square faces.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    So no LFR or any of that bullshit, 1.12 WoW is what is needed.
    What about the fact that patch 1.12 had such massive changes to Rogues that they straight up refunded everyone's talent points and gave us a discount on spell training to make up for it?

Except patch 1.12 only lasted three months before TBC was released!

Is that the Classic you're asking for? Last-minute class changes that most players didn't even level/quest/raid with?
    Last edited by Smashley; 2017-11-07 at 12:18 PM.

I hope Blizzard cancel their Vanilla WoW plans once they realise the pro-classic community overall is a bunch of bandwagon-loving dipshits that dont really know what they want... but most assuredly dont actually want Vanilla (warts and all) when they say they do.

Reading posts like 'lets have classic+, with xyz enhancements' makes me cringe.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2017-11-07 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I hope Blizzard cancel their Vanilla WoW plans once they realise the community overall is a bunch of dipshits that dont really know what they want, but most assuredly dont actually want Vanilla (warts and all).
    Tyrian cutest mage in FC.

If you think that this forum represents the player demographics, you are delusional. This forum represents a tiny fraction of the player base.

The polls are useless.

There's a certain Machiavelian way of looking at Blizzard announcing that they are working on Classic Servers. Before the announcement...you were all unified in your demands "Bring back Vanilla WoW". That made you hard to ignore. Now, just days after Blizzcon, you're already fracturing into smaller groups and turning on each other.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    If you think that this forum represents the player demographics, you are delusional. This forum represents a tiny fraction of the player base.

The polls are useless.
    In one of my previous posts I acknowledge that the polls on mmochampion specifically are not entirely representative. However, you can say that the people on mmochampion are of the VOCAL part of players that wants Classic, with or without changes. And these people will be the one who actively "vote" and "pursue" their "correct" version of Classic.

What I am trying to emphasize is to criticize the approach Blizzard has chosen to create Classic servers (at least for the moment, as Classic are still in possible early development) and the community which is used to just make threads here, battlenet, reddit and alike websites until they get what they want. You dont believe this is how WoW developments work now? You can go back through the forums and get as many examples as you want - from removal of certain systems and the implementation of others, to nerfs to classes people dont understand or the announcement of Classic being made itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy I cannot wait for the "Classic WoW needs flying thread"

This is WoW Classic not WoW Mash-Up.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I hope Blizzard cancel their Vanilla WoW plans once they realise the pro-classic community overall is a bunch of bandwagon-loving dipshits that dont really know what they want... but most assuredly dont actually want Vanilla (warts and all) when they say they do.

Reading posts like 'lets have classic+, with xyz enhancements' makes me cringe.
    Thing is I don't really think most of those people are the ones that have been asking for Vanilla WoW all of this time, I think most of them are probably people that didn't play or don't really want to play in that old Vanilla world. That is where Blizzard is really going to make this thing sink or swim. Do they try and build what will probably be a much stronger core of players but have it be a bit more niche, or do they go after the quick buck at the risk of it all falling apart because once the nostalgia is done you don't have that core group that was asking for it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

I love my flying but if they do something silly like this it will be a huge red flag for people not to even bother lol.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    In one of my previous posts I acknowledge that the polls on mmochampion specifically are not entirely representative. However, you can say that the people on mmochampion are of the VOCAL part of players that wants Classic, with or without changes. And these people will be the one who actively "vote" and "pursue" their "correct" version of Classic.

What I am trying to emphasize is to criticize the approach Blizzard has chosen to create Classic servers (at least for the moment, as Classic are still in possible early development) and the community which is used to just make threads here, battlenet, reddit and alike websites until they get what they want. You dont believe this is how WoW developments work now? You can go back through the forums and get as many examples as you want - from removal of certain systems and the implementation of others, to nerfs to classes people dont understand or the announcement of Classic being made itself.
    How can you criticize something that is a million years away from release? We know jack shit about anything about classic wow other than it is being worked on.

10+ Year Old Account
    "people want BigW Wigs" - there was a time when only raid addon was CT_BossMods and with like 1.10 or 1.11 (was like 11y ago) La Vendetta came... while quite a lot of players now won't have any idea what La Vendetta is, there is the answer - Deadly Boss Mods which was a quite handy boss mod for AQ40 and original NAXX.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    You think you do but you don't.
    Pretty much, they say they want it but when push comes to shove they really don't want it as it should be..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Lol don't give them any more ideas..

Quote Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
    What about the fact that patch 1.12 had such massive changes to Rogues that they straight up refunded everyone's talent points and gave us a discount on spell training to make up for it?

Except patch 1.12 only lasted three months before TBC was released!

Is that the Classic you're asking for? Last-minute class changes that most players didn't even level/quest/raid with?
    They've gotta pick a point and go for it. I think everyone wants as much content (although gated/timelocked), so that rules out launch patch. People will want Dire Maul/Maradoun/Battlegrounds etc, and eventually AQ/Naxx.

As for class balance, there's a little more lee-way there, but nothing which brings in TBC style classes. I expect when it comes to class design they'll listen to the community and come with a reasonable solution. Classes were worked on throughout Vanilla, so makes sense for the devs to go for the most popular version of the class whilst still keeping that spirit of what the class was (whilst avoiding anything which was introduced in TBC).

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    or do they go after the quick buck at the risk of it all falling apart because once the nostalgia is done you don't have that core group that was asking for it either.
    Everyone remembers something different from Vanilla because the game lasted for two years—and yet the final patch only existed for three months before TBC replaced it.

Some people played at the very start of Vanilla and got fond memories of how difficult it was to level, which was changed multiple times over the course of those two years. Personally I'd be sad if they just used the TBC pre-patch (1.12+) and called it a day. It had huge changes to Rogues, which affected PvE and PvP and were not reflective of the actual Vanilla Rogue experience, including diminishing returns (which were only added in 1.12)

Quote Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
    Everyone remembers something different from Vanilla because the game lasted for two years—and yet the final patch only existed for three months before TBC replaced it.

Some people played at the very start of Vanilla and got fond memories of how difficult it was to level, which was changed multiple times over the course of those two years. Personally I'd be sad if they just used the TBC pre-patch (1.12+) and called it a day. It had huge changes to Rogues, which affected PvE and PvP and were not reflective of the actual Vanilla Rogue experience, including diminishing returns (which were only added in 1.12)
    TBC prepatch were 2.0.x

1.12.0 were mainly about cross-realm BGs.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2017-11-07 at 12:47 PM.

Classic WoW isn't going to be copy of what it used to be. I was just reading some interviews at blizzcon and the guy said himself they are kind of watching what classic fans want, 10 man or 5 man UBRS. That statement alone tells me that they are going to make small changes to the game for the better of it. He also said that eveyones nostalgia is about the game design, exploration, and social interactions of the game. Not his exact words but I summed it up. Sounds like they are going to keep the core gameplay and social aspect of the game intact while making small improvements for the better of it. Blizzard is smart about it. Why keep everyone playing 25% of the available specs in raids when 75% of specs out there are unused. Tweek the numbers and let everyone enjoy wow and not just he purist. What a fraction of the 25% of playable specs are purists that will leave if there are changes to class balance and then your left with a much larger player base with the amount of people that get to actually play their favorite specs. Blizzard is about making money and this is probably a no brainer to them.