Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backero View Post
    The only thing you should except from newer expansions in Vanilla servers are bug fixes and Battle.net integration. Nothing more.
    Normally I would expect the GFX updates as well, but I doubt they will implement them because Brack(?) explicitly chose the words "as close as possible".

That means "bug/exploit fixes" and nothing else.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The only thing Im concerned about is when Tier 2 comes out that the Judgement armor won't exist model wise. Despite what "Vanilla vets" say. No one was walking around in this Judgement armor during Vanilla.
    If you only count 1.0 as vanilla, then sure.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If you only count 1.0 as vanilla, then sure.
    I mean I count 1.0 to 1.8 as a big chunk of vanilla. That armor wasn't added until patch 1.9 buddy.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing Im concerned about is when Tier 2 comes out that the Judgement armor won't exist model wise. Despite what "Vanilla vets" say. No one was walking around in this Judgement armor during Vanilla.
    Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): All of the Tier 2 Class Armor sets have been updated with new art.

That was a full year of updated Tier 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, don't forget to add LFR, 4 raid difficulties, M+ and Worgen with Goblins. I want teh authentic vanilla experience here!

That's why I bet once these servers release there will be a torrent of QQ to integrate various unrelated bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): All of the Tier 2 Class Armor sets have been updated with new art.

That was a full year of updated Tier 2.
    1 of 3 years. I doubt they'll start the vanilla server at 1.9 or later.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    1 of 3 years. I doubt they'll start the vanilla server at 1.9 or later.
    You mean 1 of 2 years, 2004 only was 1 month on US.

And BWL came out July 2005, so it was 5 months.

I played a mage and I used 8/8 Tier 2 till like the end of the expansion, never got enough tier 3 to break the set.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-07 at 01:15 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean I count 1.0 to 1.8 as a big chunk of vanilla. That armor wasn't added until patch 1.9 buddy.
    Ok, guy, so what's the magic event post-1.8 that ended "vanilla"? Most people would count the entire thing until TBC, if you're worried about patch chronology that's fine. I'd prefer they just threw them in at raid launch myself.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    So you want vanilla, but not really vanilla? As 90% of the people I reckon.
    Pretty much what I am thinking as the adage goes "they want vanilla/classic servers but they really don't.."

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Ok, guy, so what's the magic event post-1.8 that ended "vanilla"?
    Generally its accepted that 2.0 ended Vanilla WoW? I didn't know I wasn't allowed to want Judgement armor on the classic server. Geez.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is the problem with vanilla servers. There will always be people wanting different stuff added and eventually if you add a bunch of new content, it's not even vanilla.

The only updates I'm willing to allow to vanilla are UI updates.

That. Is. It.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    Including some of the more popular QOL and visual optimizations like transmog and hide of helm and shoulders is something I hope also makes it to the new classic servers.
    Ah so you'd like to have the old-times prestige and new-times QoL. Yip, sounds like a nostalkid alright.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Generally its accepted that 2.0 ended Vanilla WoW? I didn't know I wasn't allowed to want Judgement armor on the classic server. Geez.
    You still can? Collect it when BWL opens (+rag/onyxia), then run around in new model for a year.

NO NO and NO! Give us Vanilla how it was, no fucking new classes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Finally it turns out, nobody wants vanilla, but some fantasy wow to their liking that never existed nor will. HOW SURPRISING.

OMG yes!! Every time I see one of these "oh Vanilla was so GREAT!" threads and the whines about bringing back Vanilla servers I wonder how many people remember grinding three (or more) sets of gear just to raid? How many remember farming all the stuff needed to make potions, elixirs and flasks (and how many of those you could have active at one time and were likely REQUIRED to have if you were lucky enough to raid)? How there were NO summoning stones and every single summon or healthstone required the warlock to have farmed bags and bags of soul stones to be able to create?

And the attunement chains for instances and raids? Or getting keys and having to carry them in your bags so you could actually enter the stupid instance? Or how about having to fight your way into a dungeon and somewhere in the dark recesses of that dungeon one guy in the group could train up his profession a few levels because profession trainers were in strange, out-of-the-way and often dangerous places?

Oh and remember how there was NO FUCKING FLYING unless it was via a flight master? And go back and LOOK at old maps of Eastern Kingdom and Kalimdor and see how far apart those flight masters were.

And no classes/races beyond what there were at launch. No transmog, no pet battles... oh and you now can earn "dishonorable kills" in pvp. And the old pvp ranking system too... I'm sure everyone will love to see that back again.....

I'm pretty damn sure that all the whining about how great Vanilla was are either totally forgetting all this, or never experienced it. And now that Blizzard has caved to all the whining and announced "Classic" servers...oh NOW... NOW everyone is coming out of the woodwork and asking for their version of Vanilla... which is almost ALWAYS not really Vanilla, but a "fantasy" version of what they wanted Vanilla to be.

I pity Blizzard at this point. It's already bleedingly OBVIOUS that no matter what they do with Classic WoW, the whiners will NEVER be satisfied and will forever bash them for "not doing it right".

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Every post in this sub forum is "But can we add this from another expansion"

NOOOO!!!!!

WoW Classic is vanilla, Vanilla WoW is what people wanted. You cannot make classic servers and just dip and mix things from other expansions, it defeats the purpose of vanilla WoW. Now I do not mind if they iron out bugs and glitches, thats cool. But to just go all out bring in stuff from other expansions is down right a kill to anyone who wanted vanilla servers.

What people are asking for is a Frankenstein of WoW mash ups. lol
    I agree mostly but no keep the bugs. I still want that invisible mob in Wailing Caverns that kept healers in combat and would randomly hit you.

But seriously Vanilla is Vanilla, no classes, specs, etc etc from other expacs. You must walk to 40, run out of quests at your level and grind out a level, get spirit plate gear for warriors, etc etc

That is Vanilla (wasn’t as good as people remember)
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    You still can? Collect it when BWL opens (+rag/onyxia), then run around in new model for a year.
    I mean I want it to have the updated look when it launches. The original look was just quest gear with a recolor. Honestly, I doubt I'd have even half the pieces by the time 1.9 would roll around if they keep the 2 items per boss in a 40 man lol. It really is a small point but it really is the only thing I'd like to see changed from how vanilla really was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope! You enjoy those classes you're getting *(and ONLY getting)
    and you'll like it!

Why do so many people ask for changes to the vanilla servers? Either you want vanilla or you don't. People cried for vanilla servers and now when they are getting them they cry for changes to vanilla.