Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How can it feel like that when it got announced 3 days ago
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    The only thing this expansion brings is new raids and dungeons, plus the leveling story if you're into that

How ever no new classes, no new spells or talents, no new profession, not even an exciting new feature that id be looking for.

All of this seems like a money grab and the detriment is that we have to yet again play the final raid for ~ 1 year and get no new updates while they work on the next expansion.

So my question is, is it REALLY required we get an expansion a year? Cant the new raids and dungeons just be patched in?
    this just seems like a cash grab and very lazy development to me
    This is such a stupid and baseless post. Stop whining! Too bad you already convinced yourself that there's nothing about it that you will or could possibly like. But why you think that qualifies you for making retarded general statements like "lazy development" and "lazy" is beyond me. It doesn't work that way. Shut up.

So my question is, is it REALLY required we get an expansion a year? Cant the new raids and dungeons just be patched in?
    Think about it. We are paying $60+24*15 = $420 for this. $420 for basically 10 hours of original content and then 2 years of repeating the same stuff every day. They make literally billions from this game, and we don't even have full voice acting on quests yet...

Blizzard has always been as greedy as possible, and the only reason that they can get away with this is that their fans treat them like some kind of a religion.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-11-07 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Legion is partly to blame for this. Everything is dialed up to 11. We wield legendary weapons boarding spaceships that shoot lazors and will imprison the biggest bad of Warcraft history: Sargeras.

Nothing can possibly top this, except maybe Void Lords. But then what? At this rate, player characters might as well become Goku.

Naturally, a lot of people will feel underwhelmed now if everything isn't dialed up to 12 to top Legion but this circus cannot continue. Blizzard realizes that and is attempting to pull the story back to normal levels again.
    At least Blizzard has gotten slightly better at the transition between expansions. Going from slaying dragons to picking up poop... for multiple quests... was a bit silly. Like they really couldn't have found some peasant to do this quick? They needed Azeroth's greatest heroes? Really trying to keep us humble there, Blizz.

"This feels like an expansion for the sake of an expansion"
    They do that you know. Create new expansions just because the game needs a new expansion. Otherwise we'd still be playing Vanilla... oh wait.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    The only thing this expansion brings is new raids and dungeons, plus the leveling story if you're into that

How ever no new classes, no new spells or talents, no new profession, not even an exciting new feature that id be looking for.

All of this seems like a money grab and the detriment is that we have to yet again play the final raid for ~ 1 year and get no new updates while they work on the next expansion.

It does indeed seem like a filler expansion. Like WOD was, we had the setup for a legion invasion at the end of MoP however WOD happened instead. Now we have the setup for the void, instead some Alliance vs Horde to draw it out.

I don't mind it but like someone else said it feels a bit misplaced at the moment, but that may change once we get into it. That said I would love to get the whole big bad void thing over with, kind of get the galactic struggles finished, have something happen to Azeroth that ultimately resets the factions, the power of the individual player and gets us back to things that are much smaller in scope but still dangerous for us as players.

I am really tired of this big looming galactic threat that we know about but don't know about that we all know is coming and I'm not entirely sure I'm all that excited about. Actually I'm kind of hoping they get it done with and over in a patch or two and call it a day. The Void for me is about as an exciting thought for a possible expansion as watching paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    It does indeed seem like a filler expansion. Like WOD was, we had the setup for a legion invasion at the end of MoP however WOD happened instead. Now we have the setup for the void, instead some Alliance vs Horde to draw it out.
    More like Alliance vs Horde is 8.0, with much more to come in 8.1, 8.2, 8.3...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Its a slow buildup for something else. And to go from fighting the dark titan to instantly fight the old gods just doesnt feel right, we are just always running about fighting one big baddy after another, and they always seem to be waiting in line?
    And do there have to be a new feature and class coming every expansion?

I for one am excited for the expansion no matter what anyone else says!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Wait, what? Legion will be out for 2 years when BFA releases.
    that is quite sad tbh, another year of grinding argus and antorus isnt really making alot of people happy considering past exacs with prolongued HFC and SoO. but maybe they thought it would be great marketing considering subs were bigger when faction war was a bigger thing in past expax. its been done enough times already and we learn that NOBODY WILL WIN THE WAR. so it kinda makes this pointless, as before. i donno time will tell i guess.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Deleted

I would pay 20€ for what has been presented so far no problem. Its the usual stuff, same old treadmill, more of the same. Play some dungeons, raids, a BG or two, explore new stories...

It feels like they had to hasten the plot after WoD and now they are slowing it down which is fine imo. But it really looks like a filler expansion. Atleast they could focus heavily on PVP, but I mean really make it better which wont happen :/

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    warfronts and islands are new content, leg amulet is new content at this point totally new is not always better.
    More like artifact amulet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Legion is partly to blame for this. Everything is dialed up to 11. We wield legendary weapons boarding spaceships that shoot lazors and will imprison the biggest bad of Warcraft history: Sargeras.

Nothing can possibly top this, except maybe Void Lords. But then what? At this rate, player characters might as well become Goku.

Naturally, a lot of people will feel underwhelmed now if everything isn't dialed up to 12 to top Legion but this circus cannot continue. Blizzard realizes that and is attempting to pull the story back to normal levels again.
    If this forum, and the recent classic discussions are any indication, Blizzard is giving people what they wanted and once again they cry foul. People wanted an end to the world threatening events and a more back to basics approach. Blizzard responds and people loose their shit. People wanted vanilla servers, Blizzard responded, and now those people want modern QoL features and a classic+ servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    Its a slow buildup for something else. And to go from fighting the dark titan to instantly fight the old gods just doesnt feel right, we are just always running about fighting one big baddy after another, and they always seem to be waiting in line?
    And do there have to be a new feature and class coming every expansion?
    Only when necessary. To play off the title that would be new features for the sake of new features.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Actually, while I have high hopes and love the theme/change of pace and fixing the levelling (as long as they make you able to level up to 80 in the old world so new characters have a working narrative) I am actually underwhelmed and a little worried because of the developers interviews at blizzcon. So much stuff hasn't been worked out yet, so much is up in the air, this might change that might go, no mission table (not that I care about it) because 'why keep it' not because a better feature is replacing it. Profession ranks staying but 'less quests' when the profession quests were some of the best things to come out of legion for professions in years! It seems that the cinematic team is the one who hauled ass for this expansion rather than the developers with how quickly they've made an awesome cinematic. My only hope is the development of the xpac is really far ahead and there actually is loads of content and the developers were just holding back at blizzcon, but WoD has taught me never to trust them with that again.
    But WoD showed everything and more. I mean we can go back and look at all teh cut content from all the previous expansions and vanilla. If they talked about those prior to release and they went missing, no one would be playing this game. They bit off more than they could chew with WoD, was really excited and showed everything they planned. Shit got cut. It happens. Legion and BfA were really light on details in both their Blizzcons. I'm certain this is planned.

I really think Blizz should do like other games and not publicize new content as much. Alphas and Betas should be closed and behind NDA. No streams of Beta content for example. In theory with this testers should actually be given a chance to give feedback that is used by the devs vs the open Beta system they have today where most feedback is ignored.

And on top of that, I think they should do away with major expansions every 2 - 2.5 years as the basis of or reason for changes to the game. The reason being that you can't tie up a major story arc in 2.5 years where everything is resolved by a defeating a raid boss at the last tier. This leads to the power creep scenario we see today.

Rather than that, they should do smaller content pushes at various intervals that take place across the world and not necessarily following a single story arc or single "big bad". Major expansions would still occur and be paid but those would not be the only way new content gets pushed in game. New raids and dungeons wouldn't be exclusive to new paid expansions. Paid expansions would be mainly class changes, new game mechanics, modes and new zones. But outside of that new dungeon and even raids could happen anytime and not on a fixed schedule. Story arcs and themes could then unfold naturally and not be "forced" to unfold and be wrapped up within a single expansion.

This is what makes things like BfA so jarring because you are jumping so quick from one big crisis to another big crisis with no breathing room lore wise and getting whiplash.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    I really think Blizz should do like other games and not publicize new content as much. Alphas and Betas should be closed and behind NDA.
    But this would probably leave a lot more of the issues uncovered.

Deleted

I play WoW for the leveling story and then for the Mythic Raids. I am not one bit excited about new classes, new spells, new professions.

So for me, it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftusk View Post
    do there have to be millions of new threads about how disappointing the new expansion is or whatever can we just discuss the new content for once
    I just find it funny to see a lot of complaints and half expect people to start saying that this expansion is "Worse than Warlords".

To a person like me? 6 whole new races are getting their lore further developped. That's more than any expansion has ever offered before. Particularly excited for void elves, who are a race that came completely out of the blue (or an "asspull", as people that think something popping in one year prior is somehow eternally more acceptable like to term it) and Zandalari dino druids are gonna be fucking awesome as well!.

We get TWO (smaller, but very lore relevant and different) continents!, we finally don't have to completely relearn all of our classes over again, for once! New dungeons and raids, like people like you would do for 90% of the expansion anyway! New world quests, level scaling, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

In other words, "This expansion didn't offer what I wanted" = / = this expansion brings no content to the table.

If people are concerned about the story, Alex Afrasiabi kept saying it'll be a "slow burn" in the interview with Tradechat. I guarantee there's a big bad coming that they're just trying to set up. They just want some mystery around it. Personally, I'm just more excited by the idea, plenty of opportunity to speculate on what their plans are.

Its a new story. The Legion story is over. Of course there is a new expansion.

I think BFA will follow the MoP story telling model.