Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    People love to pull imaginary numbers out of their asses. There are most likely a lot more high elves around than the haters want to admit.

1. almost 90% of the inhabitants of Quel'thalas died. I'll round this up to 12% survivors. of these survivors 90% became blood elves and 10% remained high elves. This doesn't take into account the number of high elves that lived abroad. With this we have 10.8% blood elves and 1.2% high elves + high elves abroad.
    2. Kael'thas brought a lot if disaster to the remaining blood Elves. I've seen numbers that say 15% of blood elves were his followers and most of them became felbloods. to round down I'll say 10% of blood elves died or became felbloods. You then have the fighting with the trolls and the Alliance and all those that became wretched. I'll round down the remaining blood elves to 9%.
    3. Then we have the defecting Void elves. I imagine that they are few in numbers but as you guys like to whine that playable races can't have too low numbers I'll write them as being 1%. That leaves Blood elves with 8%
    4. 1.2% + abroad high elves remain. I'm biased so I'll round that up to 2.5%, also taking into account the few that have died since then. That leaves 8% Blood elves, 1% Void elves and 2.5% High elves. Suddenly the difference in numbers isn't that high. If those 8% mean 80000 blood elves then there are at least 25000 high elves around with another 10000 Void elves.

25000 High elves but only 3 named halfbloods ingame. Yeah, I take the idea that the High elves are breeding themselves into extinction with humans with a mountain of salt.
    Surviving high elves comprise a mere 1% of the original high elven population, with the blood elves accounting for the remaining 9% of it.[2][7] Since Kael'thas took 15% of the blood elves to Outland[7] (i.e. 1.35% of the original high elf population), and since Kael'thas' army numbered at least 2,000 ("thousands of them") according to the Excerpts from the Journal of Archmage Vargoth, it follows that the total high elf population is currently at least 1,481 (and at least ~148,000 prior to the Third War).

In relation to the playable races, Blizzard has stated that the high elves have a considerably smaller population than even the Gnomeregan Exiles.[36] High elves are a rare sight even in Alliance lands,[37] and are considered a fallen, all but extinct race.[38]

With the destruction of both Theramore and Quel'Lithien (along with the de-canonization of the RPG sourcebooks), the bulk of the remaining high elf population appears to be bound to the Kirin Tor's Silver Covenant, Outland's Allerian Stronghold, and Hinterlands' Quel'Danil Lodge.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf#Population

The high elves cant even begin to compare to blood elves in number, something Blizzard emphasized before all their casualties in WoW.

The void elves break the population argument for subraces, they were described as an elite squad, not a sizeable populaltion, they are likely one percent of the blood elves if that.

Population however is not the reason you aren't getting high elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    World of Warcraft Game Director Ion Hazzikostas says "blood elves are high elves"
    And nightborne are night elves.. This doesnt stop them being playable in the different faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Surviving high elves comprise a mere 1% of the original high elven population, with the blood elves accounting for the remaining 9% of it.[2][7] Since Kael'thas took 15% of the blood elves to Outland[7] (i.e. 1.35% of the original high elf population), and since Kael'thas' army numbered at least 2,000 ("thousands of them") according to the Excerpts from the Journal of Archmage Vargoth, it follows that the total high elf population is currently at least 1,481 (and at least ~148,000 prior to the Third War).

In relation to the playable races, Blizzard has stated that the high elves have a considerably smaller population than even the Gnomeregan Exiles.[36] High elves are a rare sight even in Alliance lands,[37] and are considered a fallen, all but extinct race.[38]

With the destruction of both Theramore and Quel'Lithien (along with the de-canonization of the RPG sourcebooks), the bulk of the remaining high elf population appears to be bound to the Kirin Tor's Silver Covenant, Outland's Allerian Stronghold, and Hinterlands' Quel'Danil Lodge.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf#Population

The high elves cant even begin to compare to blood elves in number, something Blizzard emphasized before all their casualties in WoW.

The void elves break the population argument for subraces, they were described as an elite squad, not a sizeable populaltion, they are likely one percent of the blood elves if that.

Population however is not the reason you aren't getting high elves.
    Not dusputing what was said, just adding that WoWpedia also lists Stormwind as area with High elf presence significant enough to be mentioned. They do not provide a source (right next to the claim, anyway). Talking purely hypothetically, it would make sense for the remaining High elfs to move to large population centers, if they can't build one themselves; especially those that can be easily defended. In that case, Stormwind would make sense, as it is one of the best fortified places on the planet that are not hostile to High elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with these void elves. After all, we'll get the opportunity to play a thalassian elf in the Alliance under the orders of Alleria Windrunner, the most iconic thalassian hero of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    And nightborne are night elves.. This doesnt stop them being playable in the different faction.
    nightborne has an altered model night elfe, void elf has an altered model high / blood elf.

Ion was clear you already have your new flavor, the high elves skin are playable in the horde

Like Ion said, Blood Elves are High Elves. It's not that hard.

You high elf haters cant even bring any more arguments, because blizzard did everything you stood against.. They created new race, who are low in numbers, they are too similar to race from opossing faction, they have no home or identity.. It is actually even worse scenario than high elves, because high elves are established existing race, which appeared in every wow expansion, who had racial leader, who made sense being in the alliance. Who brought conflict between them and belves, which would come handy in the upcomming expansion.

I dont know about Ion, but High elves themselves rather distance themselves from Blood elf race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    nightborne has an altered model night elfe, void elf has an altered model high / blood elf.
    Yes, nightborne is little bit altered, but it is because they are newer models than night elves..IF you look at Thalyssra, then you would see, that her face is more or less same as before, so that transformation from night elf to nightborne isnt that drastic. Also just different color pallete. Void elves are completelly same as blood elves, except different color pallete.. And high elves are also different collor pallete.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-11-07 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Like Ion said, Blood Elves are High Elves. It's not that hard.
    And void elves are Alliance blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    which are mutated by the void to look different, if you want to roleplay that you are a void mutated high elf instead be my guest, but you aren't getting the natural skin tones of the blood elves.

Once again the fact that they gave you void elves instead of high elves is proof of this.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Dont you understand? They are purple.. They are so different.

You high elf haters cant even bring any more arguments, because blizzard did everything you stood against.. They created new race, who are low in numbers, they are too similar to race from opossing faction, they have no home or identity.. It is actually even worse scenario than high elves, because high elves are established existing race, which appeared in every wow expansion, who had racial leader, who made sense being in the alliance. Who brought conflict between them and belves, which would come handy in the upcomming expansion.

I dont know about Ion, but High elves themselves rather distance themselves from Blood elf race.

Yes, nightborne is little bit altered, but it is because they are newer models than night elves..IF you look at Thalyssra, then you would see, that her face is more or less same as before, so that transformation from night elf to nightborne isnt that drastic. Also just different color pallete. Void elves are completelly same as blood elves, except different color pallete.. And high elves are also different collor pallete.
    you already have the thalassian model that is for the alliance. The thalassian blood / high elf model is for the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont you understand? They are purple.. They are so different.
    Just wait and see. I'm sure these void elves will also get the natural skin tones of the High/Blood elves just like this is the case for demon hunters and dk.
    Blizzard just didn't wanted to give Horde players the impression the Alliance was stealing one of their iconic races.

which are mutated by the void to look different, if you want to roleplay that you are a void mutated high elf instead be my guest, but you aren't getting the natural skin tones of the blood elves.
    Again, you don't have a clue of what you're talking about, just like when you were saying during all those years that Alleria wasn't gonna join the Alliance because of reasons. In BfA, she's an Alliance leader.

The reason why nightborne look different is because the npcs arent based on night elf player character.. But if you look at Thalyssra, you can see that she still resembles her old self.. My point is, that playable nightborne will have different faces than nigh elves.. That makes sense, because you will play as a different person.. The same goes for high elves.. They could have different facial structure, so they are more distinguished, because you will also play as a different person.

Like seriously, look at her

.. The only thing, that is different is shape of eyebrows, and colors obviously.. Would this alone make them playable?
    But because the nightborne we see in game have different faces, they instantly look as different race. IF they had same faces as current night elf characters, then they would have just different color pallete and according your logic, not playable.

I think Blizzard screwed up in introducing Nightborne in Legion without also introducing a similar lore-rich race to be added as an allied race for the Alliance in BfA. Adding Nightborne (Night Elf derived model) as an Horde only allied race pretty much forced Blizzard to add a Blood Elf based model as an allied race to the Alliance or they would have been accused of horde favoritism. I don't think any other horde race model derived race would have been enough. Maybe the only other options satisfying players would have been Vrykul or Naga but they require too much work.

I understand the devs reluctance to make the Silver Covenant Elves playable but if there are basically two factions that have been allied with the Alliance since Classic: High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves, and neither are among the first to be added as "allied" races.

After TBC the devs claimed they realized that new playable races should not appear out of thin air (like the Eredar style Draenei), yet here we are a decade later and Void Elves appear after a short quest-line.

If they had never added the Silver Covenant Elves together with their own leader, Banner/tabard and mount in WotLK and given them repeat performances in later expansions Void Elves could have worked but adding Void Elves to the Alliance doesn't change people's expectations of one day playing as a member of the Silver Covenant.

I think Blizzard should have come up with a better story involving Vereesa and Alleria (perhaps also Sylvanas and some Blood Elves) meeting early in Legion, together with the Silver Covenant and Allerian Stronghold Elves, and add a really long and interesting quest line explaining how they are transformed (perhaps by Sargeras, an Old God or the Nightwell) into Void Elves.

Of course having a bit more interesting color skin tone for Void Elves wouldn't hurt either, perhaps make them appear more like Drow. Currently Void Elves look like undead blood elves which is nice for alliance players wanting to roleplay as Silvy The Dark Ranger but I can imagine horde players would have preferred that option.

After there are 2 playable races with the High Elf skeleton in the game (Blood & Void) i really doubt High Elves will ever join the playable races. But who knows? Blizzard did not bother to add 2 races to the Alliance that are basically minor skin variations of races we had for 13/11 years. (with some voice-over slapped on, that many players will never hear)

I think it's no secret why they did not add High Elves but went for Voidelves: Most Blood Elves currently are Paladins. They are completely shit on by the BfA lore development, being forced to spread undeath around the world. If Blizzard had added High Elves to the Alliance that would have caused a major faction shift, especially on RP realms. So they went for another form of corrupted Blood Elves that may become a popular choice for Shadow Priests....and that's it.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2017-11-07 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typos

another thread about high elves... i've been heard about this idk since first years on private than blizzard

I think that we can all agree that if Void Elves are possible out of nowhere, basically anything race that is either present currently or doesn't exist, is indeed possible. Do I think that's good for the game? No, but Blizzard does what Blizzard wants to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason why nightborne look different is because the npcs arent based on night elf player character.. But if you look at Thalyssra, you can see that she still resembles her old self.. My point is, that playable nightborne will have different faces than nigh elves.. That makes sense, because you will play as a different person.. The same goes for high elves.. They could have different facial structure, so they are more distinguished, because you will also play as a different person.

Like seriously, look at her
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/jXwfl7F.png[IMG][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/S1TuFYR.png[IMG]

.. The only thing, that is different is shape of eyebrows, and colors obviously.. Would this alone make them playable?
    But because the nightborne we see in game have different faces, they instantly look as different race. IF they had same faces as current night elf characters, then they would have just different color pallete and according your logic, not playable.

It would make them more likely to be playable yes, but then they wouldn't be high elves who are defined by being the very same thing blood elves are just with blue eyes. Unless the mutations were due to void energy, but those aren't usually pretty.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ristow View Post
    another thread about high elves... i've been heard about this idk since first years on private than blizzard
    That is because blizz is showing us, that high elves are still relevant and not extinct race. If they made the lore, that all the high elves became blood elves and high elves are extinct, then none of these threads would exist.. But high elves are actually more important than gnomes or dwarves. They played small part in vanilla and BC, a big part in wotlk, small part in Cata (Zul'Aman), a big part in MoP (isle of thunder) and quite big part in Legion in suramar..

High elves being playable is still more reasonable request, than some Wulpera or Murloc shit.. Those request are usually from people, who dont care about lore and dont understand, that Alliance or Horde arent safe harbor for every cute race on azeroth. Those are organizations of races, who share common beliefs and enemies.

Deleted
    I have always wanted to play a High Elf in WoW, I always found them to be the most intriguing race for me since I encountered them in Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3.

I love the Alliance and always have but I am forced at the moment to play Horde as my Blood Elf, just to be able to play an Elf paladin and it doesn't feel right. And now when we are going into an expansion where the faction identity plays the major role I just can't get around to be Horde. Yet I have no option to play my Blood Elf paladin in the Alliance since we don't have High Elves, and these Void Elves doesn't even have the class option. It just feels bad and I just don't understand why they couldn't just have gone the extra mile and given us what we actually wanted. It doesn't even have to be an exact copy they could have done something similar to what they did to the Nightborne/Night Elf thing, where they alter the appearance a bit.

What people doesn't seem to understand is that "close enough" isn't really what I, and many others like me, wanted at all, because they doesn't feel or look like High Elves. The base model might be the same but with the skin and hair and void corruption that isn't what a High Elf looks like.

And to all the people arguing against High Elves; why should the Horde get Nightborne then? Aren't they just a bit modified Night Elves if you look at the models? It just goes to show that Blizzard can shoe-horn in a Night Elf look-alike into the Horde without any issues (and they actually look way better than Night Elves in my opinion), but can't just give us a none-void Blood Elf look-alike? That's ridiculous, at least in my opinion. It kind of shows that Blizzard caters to their beloved Horde.

Furthermore, not getting High Elves now with Allied Races actually killed the game a bit for me, and that sucks.