Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think the only thing they should add, if anything at all is summoning stones and aoe loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    the thing is, vanilla was changing towards what it is now, there wasn't just a frozen state of "vanilla". One patch nerfes a dungeon, another reworks talents, third gives access to OPed PvP gear that makes MC, BWL, ZG obsolete, speaking of ZG, one patch even removed huge part of currencies required to obtain "totally not welfare epics"
    1)It depends on if they are following patch cycle of the orignal.
    2)It depends on which state they are picking it from(so we might have a 1.5 and not 1.0).

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I think the only thing they should add, if anything at all is summoning stones and aoe loot.
    I wonder, do people remember that AoE loot was implemented together with around 80% loot nerf to all mobs?

On topic: there is aoe-loot in leg if you want it.

It's really this simple, what's the point of a Classic Server if it's not Classic?

7+ Year Old Account
    so basically everyone that said they want to play vanilla wow doesnt actually want to play vanilla wow. big surprise here. this is what made them take forever to even accept the idea that they should make it. People dont want to play it. they want vanilla with ease of use.

I like vanilla. i like the grind. i like that its not a rush to the endgame. dont fuck this up for those of us who want the unspoiled game back
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixiespork View Post
    It's really this simple, what's the point of a Classic Server if it's not Classic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    so basically everyone that said they want to play vanilla wow doesnt actually want to play vanilla wow. big surprise here. this is what made them take forever to even accept the idea that they should make it. People dont want to play it. they want vanilla with ease of use.

I like vanilla. i like the grind. i like that its not a rush to the endgame. dont fuck this up for those of us who want the unspoiled game back
    Thank you for saying it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    1, Summoning Stones at instances

2, Bigger Bags, no reason to have cramped bag space

3, No weapon levelling skills, pointless to have

4, Mass Buffs, 10 mins to buff a raid team is a bit much

5, flight paths, I believe the game launched without these I could be wrong though

6, Soul Shard farming for Warlocks should produce more than one shard per kill with drain soul

I never played Vanilla but know how grindy the game was and small changes like this that don't effect game play too much would surely make most people happier to play

I would be interested to see what the Vanilla players would think of these changes if they would take away from the experience in their opinion
    Summoning stones are alright I guess

Bigger bags would be alright too,as long as you have to work to get them,earn those bags

Weapon levelling skills are not only something people like about vanilla and will want to keep,a lot of racials and stats on item and such stuff actually depend on weapon skills

Buffing classes are a legitimate thing in vanilla,also giving different buffs to different people are also a legitimate thing,so not

Later vanilla patches had flight paths

I would allow soul shards to stack in the bag,but 1 shard per kill is fine imo.

But honestly,I'd rather see some raw,uncut vanilla,with at most,gamebreaking bugs removed and more graphical options,the gameplay and content should be real vanilla stuff

love it how people were crying that they want the og experience, but now that blizz finaly announced vanilla, they are like, eeee, but summoning stones, but aoe looting, but new models, love reading these kind of threads

5, flight paths, I believe the game launched without these I could be wrong though

6, Soul Shard farming for Warlocks should produce more than one shard per kill with drain soul

I never played Vanilla but know how grindy the game was and small changes like this that don't effect game play too much would surely make most people happier to play

I would be interested to see what the Vanilla players would think of these changes if they would take away from the experience in their opinion
    1. Nope, you are gonna walk like people did back then. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.
    2. Nope, you will deal with shitty inventory. You will experience vanilla, not a modified vanilla.
    3. Nope, you will hate switching to a new weapon and will spend a lot of time hitting crap mobs to grind it up. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.
    4. Nope, you will recast your buffs all the time, buy reagents, get yelled at by people you forgot to buff. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.
    5. There was flight paths.
    6. Nope, you will buttfuck your bags with millions of soul shards and you will drop them when your inventory is full and you will hate it. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.

These changes affect gameplay a lot. In a very negative way. Because vanilla was that, a shit game where everything was annoying. Back then it was fun cuz that's how we rolled and we didn't know any better. Classic WoW is not there you let people play an older version of Legion and just taste the fun (read total absence of fun) in spending 5 levels worth of skills points in a talent that does nothing at all and call it customization and choice.

You will form groups that will never start the dungeons because the place is literally too far for people's motivation to WALK there. You will jizz you pants when you get an 8 slot bag. You will be forced to not buy all your skills at the trainer because they are too expensive. You will feed your pet as a hunter, you will die when fighting 2 mobs as a rogue, you will waste your vanish when you have dots on you.

That was vanilla, a clusterfuck of bad shit going on. Now you will experience it, without any of the good parts. Because the good parts were discovering it with a community that was also discovering it. Now you will jump into a lesser version of the game you play and already know, all you are gonna see are the things that are missing, with absolutely nothing to compensate. That's why you want QoL changes and why you want it to not be vanilla, because deep down you know vanilla sucks.

Edit: PS. people say "vanilla was so much better" they don't say "a modified version of vanilla where everything is improved would be better than retail". People need to play the real vanilla and realize how wrong everyone is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JCD000 View Post
    The only change I'd want to see is skill costs down. Think you're close to getting your mount then spend 18 gold on skills.
    I wouldn't agree on that. If people want to rush levels, that's their choice, but the reward they get for that is not having enough gold for skills or mount training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

It's pretty clear cut what "vanilla wow" is, and you can't "want to play it" but at the same time ask for things that don't belong, because then you're not asking for vanilla wow anymore. What you're asking for could as well be WoW 2.

No Vanilla is clearly not for you so don't play it and don't ruin it for others who want to play it

No, people want classic, they get classic. It would be okay to fix some of the bugs but not what actually made the game enjoyable/challenging. Live WoW has bent over backwards for the casuals and it has turned many off the game completely. Classic WoW is a sandbox for those individuals.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Wait for hunter chore of upkeeping pets again :P

Anyway I think it should be as close to Vanilla as possible.

If there's one change we could have had, mass loot like we have now instead of single mob loot would be nice.
    lol, you think you're going to kill a lot of mobs at once, regularly... aww

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Summoning stones are alright I guess
    I'm fine with the stones added, as long as they don't summon anyone. I'm tired of people being lazy all the time, expecting someone else to get to the stone, so they don't have to. Usually those same people then perform poorly in the dungeons too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    1. Nope, you are gonna walk like people did back then. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.
    2. Nope, you will deal with shitty inventory. You will experience vanilla, not a modified vanilla.
    3. Nope, you will hate switching to a new weapon and will spend a lot of time hitting crap mobs to grind it up. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.
    4. Nope, you will recast your buffs all the time, buy reagents, get yelled at by people you forgot to buff. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.
    5. There was flight paths.
    6. Nope, you will buttfuck your bags with millions of soul shards and you will drop them when your inventory is full and you will hate it. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.

These changes affect gameplay a lot. In a very negative way. Because vanilla was that, a shit game where everything was annoying. Back then it was fun cuz that's how we rolled and we didn't know any better. Classic WoW is not there you let people play an older version of Legion and just taste the fun (read total absence of fun) in spending 5 levels worth of skills points in a talent that does nothing at all and call it customization and choice.

You will form groups that will never start the dungeons because the place is literally too far for people's motivation to WALK there. You will jizz you pants when you get an 8 slot bag. You will be forced to not buy all your skills at the trainer because they are too expensive. You will feed your pet as a hunter, you will die when fighting 2 mobs as a rogue, you will waste your vanish when you have dots on you.

That was vanilla, a clusterfuck of bad shit going on. Now you will experience it, without any of the good parts. Because the good parts were discovering it with a community that was also discovering it. Now you will jump into a lesser version of the game you play and already know, all you are gonna see are the things that are missing, with absolutely nothing to compensate. That's why you want QoL changes and why you want it to not be vanilla, because deep down you know vanilla sucks.

Edit: PS. people say "vanilla was so much better" they don't say "a modified version of vanilla where everything is improved would be better than retail". People need to play the real vanilla and realize how wrong everyone is lol.
    This 10 times over.

People does not want Vanilla. They want Vanilla with 10 cherries on the top to make it more like newer expansions.

No, if they want Vanilla WoW, give them Vanilla WoW, don't mess this up blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    lol, you think you're going to kill a lot of mobs at once, regularly... aww
    Not to mention mass loot with the size of Vanilla Bags?!?! One enemy had a bag full of grey crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I wonder, do people remember that AoE loot was implemented together with around 80% loot nerf to all mobs?

That was more just a gold nerf, so you only got what you would in that instance with a full group. I remember soloing TK or whatever it was called for Ashes on my rogue/mage and getting 250g/boss, but as it was a 25m raid, you'll now only get 10g. Other loot you should still get around the same.

(double posted)

7+ Year Old Account
    If you all want QoL, you should not play it.

Please, let us enjoy the game we loved. We really do not need you on our servers. Just continue playing with your QoL features and your millions of gold.

Again, you are not obliged to play it if you don't like difficulty. BfA is going to be the main game, not classic.

If it had those it would no longer be classic. Stop with the dumb suggestions, Blizzard listened to the community and is bringing us what we wanted, now let's not ruin everything by giving them stupid suggestions.